GT5 The Nurburgring (200) 500 kms and Enduro Series.

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by SEIDO463, Jun 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Haha, Thriller cat.
  2. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Thanks for the heads up Seido. Just a thought though. Wouldn't the huge slipstream effect on this track make up for the difference in speed? With car A doing 1:00 and car B doing 1:06, i'm pretty sure the slipstream effect, which on this track is in effect most of the time would bring that time back to only a couple of seconds? Maybe?

I just dont like the idea of nerfing cars which might be strong on this particular track because of thier slippery straight line nature, that's what this track is all about. I'm sure the same seperation between performance was happening at Suzuka but we didn't really notice because of the different tyres, setups, and driver capabilities. Obviously at the High Speed Ring these things don't matter AS much because of the simplicity of the track, so it will be natural to see some seperation. I reckon on the next track those fast cars could be comparatively slower than the slower High Speed Ring cars. Just something to think about mate.
  3. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Yea I tend to agree with Chev. Where some cars have an advantage at HSP, they may be disadvantaged at the next track, that's the nature of multi-make racing. And the slip stream will help to even things out.

If you do stick with the exclusions, is that whole list you've put up excluded, or just the two with the red EXCLUDED next to them.
  4. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

I had to work today, sorry...
  5. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

What are you sorry for Tek?.... lol
  6. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    Thanks for the feedback chev and koastr :)

I was only thinking of the exclusions for HSR only. I trust your guys suggestions and keep the same format as the first round. I haven't done much testing in close range with other drivers yet, just very little with keggz the other day.

I would like to get a few of us on and have a good test run.

cheers
  7. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

No worries Seido, it's gonna be a great race mate. I would like to do some testing with you through the week at some stage.
  8. keggz

keggz New Recruit

I'm keen for some testing through the week, to weed out issues'.

IMO, A faster car is still a faster car. The slip stream will still be in play for the faster cars, i.e. lapped traffic providing varied slip streams throughout the race. More testing will have to be done thats for sure.

Ill be jumping into seido's lounge today or tomorrow.
  9. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    No problems Seido. At the end of the day I'm happy to run with whatever you decide. You've done a great job of organising these events so far... I guess the fact that you've allowed switching cars from round to round adds another factor in your decision to exclude some vehicles for the HSR round.

Was anybody running any of the excluded vehicles in previous rounds? If not, then it shouldn't be an issue as I think most will stick to what they've been using.
  10. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Yeah I don't think it will be a major issue fellas. Seido, you're doing a great job mate.
  11. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    I'll be on tonight keggz... probably around 10:30-11pm aest. You have the CLK-RM '98 hey?
  12. keggz

keggz New Recruit

Sure do!! I'll see you there!!
  13. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    OK opening up a session in a few mins. HSR test time!
  14. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

I'm not sure what car/s are excluded. Just the 2 or the Lemans GT sportscars and GT1's? Can the cars in the lists be used if they are handicapped to the 1:06 lap limit? Or can any race car be used as long as it's crippled to 1:06. For example, the 900 Hp Minolta tuned way down to 1:06? Are Stealth cars allowed? I'm keen as mustard to race and need to know, so I can go find a car.
  15. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    hey miki, the regs are the same as round 1 at the moment. So just go by the original Eligible Car list on the first post.
    Not sure about the performance of the stealth cars. Can you test a couple of em out on meds at 502bhp and let me know the lap times?

Cheers
  16. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

The stealth cars are just normal race cars with no paint on carbon fibre. As far as i'm aware they have no advantage. At the moment i've had to drop the HP down to 350 to get car down to 1:06. Can you up the limit to 1:04?
    The NSX isn't as easy to do good laps around HSR. I'm kinda surprised.
  17. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    There's no lap time restriction anymore, just the same regs as round 1 mate.
  18. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    I think the stealth models have a bit more power too. It might only be from pre-purchased engine tuning though, and of course you can always use the power limiter. I can't confirm though, I don't have any stealths.

As for the NSX, I'm not surprised. Without some serious tuning it's got a very twitchy rear end that wants to pass the front, especially on fast banking corners like at HSP.

Drop the rear ride height a few mil, raise the front by the same, run full DF at the back (65) and turn the front DF down until it feels balanced, (30 - 40). This becomes critical especially on the last turn onto the straight. Lots of time to be found there if you'r car is stable enough to power down early.
  19. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

I'm now aware.

In my garage i've got the Xanavi GT-R and Takata NSX.
    At 502 HP the NSX's compare 603pp and +2pp for the Stealth.
    At 502 HP the GT-R's compare 612pp and +3pp for the Stealth.
    The weight of the stealth cars is different.
    Stealth Maclaren F1 is 40 kg lighter.
    Stealth GT-R is 50 kg lighter.
    Stealth NSX is 50 kg lighter.
    Stealth Audi R10 TDI is 50 kg lighter.
    Stealth Merc SLS is 155 kg lighter.
    Stealth mazda 787B is not lighter.
  20. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Ahah! so the carbon fibre finish is not just a clever paint job! Thanks for the info Miki :p
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.