GT6 [COMPLETED] Nascar series 3 ?

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by stucar17, Nov 13, 2013.

1. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    My arms&shoulders were knackered after that - should have turned the FFB down on the ole T500.
    Sorry again Clevo for not getting you across the line - Had the right fuel this time but expected to much from my tyres
    and was left with a 30lap stint at the end(not the smartest decision!)
    Had some fantastic racing along the way thou...well done yet again Warrior!
    stucar17 and Clevohead like this.
  2. DarkAce

DarkAce Geoff Vincent

PSN ID
    darkace_123
    that was awesome, great fun, not sure what happened on my last pit stop came in at the same time as my team mate only to leave a lot later than him can only imagine I put in too much fuel????? Thanks to boost caught the pack right on the line. Great night.
    stucar17 likes this.
  3. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Had a look at the replay last night, The Stig13 lost a heap of time somewhere, still had 1/4 tank at the end, the rest of us were just right (apart from Serg... sorry dude).
    Well done t_b, timed it just right and got there. I thought myself and Anon got it just right, pitted on lap 90 and I thought we could do 2 flat-out 15 lap stints to get us home, but boost put and end to that. Was good fun, even though it was only turning left for 100 mins.

Look forward to 2 weeks time.
  4. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    It was an excellent strategy Stumbles. Pit when can't turn left anymore, rinse and repeat. Wild guesses on fuel and just drive it like a rental. Just lost too much to TB on that last lap, he played the game well.
  5. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    That would probably be me. Sorry about that.
    As for my race, I put in 3L less fuel then required and ended up running out of fuel after the 1st turn on the last lap :(. It doesn't help that my pit was close to the front and I didn't have much time to adjust my fuel without losing too much time.
  6. Stumbles

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    As we were running Normal wear and tyre deg, I just put in the amount of fuel that the game recommended, gauge turned red as I came onto straight for last time
  7. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    I did put in 4L more than recommended. oh well. :)
  8. Stumbles

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    All depends on drafting too I guess, after first pitstop, took me ages to catch the pack, next pit I put 48 litres, after that it was only about 40-41.
  9. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    What an epic race. Was not boring for me once. Shame about the wrong tyres emmo, was wondering what was going on there!! I put 40 litres in every stop and had about 5 litres left at the end. Will put a bit more on about my race at lunch.
    Stumbles likes this.
  10. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Ladders updated.

Am glad you guys had a good race, next 3 rounds are a lot tougher on the road tracks with no boost. Do some practice, these cars are a beast and you will need to get used to driving when the tires get a little worn ! !

Rumbles and gary both mentioned couldnt make it.....I gave rumbles points for the lowest finish which was 10 points equal with BJ in theother lobby. Gary was going to sub, so didnt award any points. I can change that if you want to be involved for the last 4 rounds ?

Not sure what happened to DEK, sparklehead or HR31GTS ???

Stu
    Stumbles likes this.
  11. Stumbles

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    I sent messages to all in room 2 after I opened it. I saw sparkles was playing GT6 when we went to qually. Dek was offline for 4 days, not sure about HR31
  12. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Didn't qualify real well, joined the track last and got baulked a couple of times by slowing cars, and was quite surprised to see I'd still qualified ahead of emmo. Got away well and moved up a couple of spots while most were still running single file in the corners as my team mate stayed where he was on the wrong tyres. I watched as ahead Bj went spinning off into the grass on the infield then back onto the track out of control. By the time I could see we were going to collide it was too late to do anything. I was up against the wall and somehow got away with the impact, causing no damage and not losing any speed but poor Bj must have been trashed and quit soon after. It was awesome fun dicing with the higher div guys, and I led more laps than I didn't. At one stage I started to pull away and with my map zoomed in at 3 I couldn't see anyone behind, but the boost and draft stopped that and the lapped cars in turbo mode was a good way to drag the trailing guys back up. About half distance I had Bluemoon on my tail and we seemed to have the same pit strategy for a couple of stops until I think lap 80, I entered the pits same as always but the stupid thing warped me back to the entry behind Bluemoon. I lost a fair bit of time and he was a long way ahead when we came out. I caught back up just as the boost stopped and he started conserving fuel in my draft and again leapfrogged ahead in the pits. Stu had joined the party at the front by this stage, and we tried hard to catch back up to Bluemoon but by the time we did with about 5 laps to go, everyone was there. I thought for sure at least a podium was on the cards but the brawling pack spat me out the back and I just could not find a gap between the 3 wide battles with my shot tyres.

Awesome fun though.
    emmo46 and stucar17 like this.
  13. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Yeah, really need the boost on the ovals to keep things interesting. Especially with that many laps !

I thought with 10 to go i was on for a podium as well, but i got stuck between midron and the wall in the final corner and lost a bit of momentum for my run at the top 3. I think so long as you have a 15 lap final stint on the ovals you will come back to the front with the boost.

At this stage will check that the no shows are still in and will keep it to 2 lobbies. Apart from BJ, dont think there were any issues.

Lobby 1 for round 2 : HOST Stu
    Anon / Stumbles
    Warrior / Evilmoon
    Joe / Clevo
    Emmo / AD
    Stu / BJ

2nd Lobby : Host DEK / Musta ????
    Musta / Midron18
    Thestig / darkace
    TB / Dek
    Neishy / Rumbles
    S_Close / Sparkles

Next round in 2 weeks : Sunday 22nd Dec.

Track : Daytona Road
    35 Laps
    Penalty weak
    Boost : OFF
    Draft: weak
    Standing Start.
    1 lap Qual, park off track in case someone on a flyer

I said earlier, make sure you do some practice, these cars are beastly on the road courses, and will cook the tires very quick.
    All regs same as normal Sunday league.
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
    bjh1012, DarkAce and Ad2mny like this.
  14. bjh1012

bjh1012 Bruce Hale Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    bjh1012
    I just got out so not piss any off all ok will stay in next time till some one tells me to f--- off :D:D
    stucar17, Ad2mny and t_b_williams like this.
  15. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Yeah, while i want everyone to drive well, i also want it to be a bit of fun, so if you get lag just try to get through it !. As the races go on, and the field spreads it can tend to correct itself. All good mate, will get some prac in with you before the next round.
    bjh1012 likes this.
  16. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I'm still shaking my head in disbelief that I could be so stupid. I know how it happened but that doesn't make me feel any better. I already had the #11 car that Team Amigos was to use but had never used it, so I put sports softs on it and let the bobs run it in. In the mean time I used the #24 Jeff Gordon car I ran in the Turn Left race to practice with and it was in that car that I had a couple of encouraging wins against some of the field last Thursday. I seemed to be very strong on worn tyres and was sure I would be able to run up at the front of Sunday's race.
    Come Sunday night I decided to buy a backup #11 car and changed the oil and fitted some Racing Soft tyres. I changed the oil on the primary run in car but forgot about the tyres. When I went to the lobby Sunday night I was initially in the non run in backup car and within two laps moved to second in the time sheets behind Warrior with a PB non draft lap, I was confident I was going to run at the front with the run in car.
    When the room was reset for Qually I moved to the primary run in car and set off on my qually run. I noticed straight away the car was a bit ugly but I put that down to me probably pushing too hard and having a time penalty. I qualified last about 4 seconds off the pace. I wasn't worried because it was to be a long race with ample time to move up the order. The first stint was alarming as I could barely keep up with the pack and a couple of attempts to draft past people led to wall contact as I tried to run through the corners at what should have been normal pace. I had a couple of wall crunching spins just trying to stay with the pack. I put it down to turbulance as I had never run at the back of a pack before so I still didn't twig about the tyres.
    The boost sort of masked the problem as I was able to gradually gain on the pack. I decided to pit a little earlier and go to a six stop strategy. I spent the rest of the race wrestling with this pig of a machine, I would fall a lap behind when I pitted but on fresh tyres was able to catch and pass the leaders (invariably ASd2 and Evil) and pull away. I guess that was the boost. I did manage to find a compromise with the handling and was setting times in the low 47s which compared to my non draft/boost Racing Soft laps but I didn't realise the rest of the field had gotten down into the 44s.
    If I had twigged about the tyres early I had plenty of oportunity on a six stopper to rectify the problem but I just carried on oblivious to the real problem.
    I was encouraged during the race to see Ad2 leading and having a strong run, unfortunately the boost bogey man got him in the end.
    Congratulations to Warrior, Clevo and Mustafur, great result and Team Amigos has now got a lot of catching up to do. I was shocked at how easily Mustafur and Midron would breeze past me during the race, I couldn't even catch their draft, they were the only cars that regularly passed me on track as their strategy had them on fresh tyres while I was on worn, every one else generally passed me while I was in the pits.
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
    Ad2mny likes this.
  17. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Another tough draw, but we'll see what Team Amigos can do to close the points deficit, aye Jamie.
    Ad2mny likes this.
  18. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    NOTE to self for this weekend, don't crash into Serg at the bus stop!!
  19. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Lol Emmo, that seems like it happened ages ago, unfortunately we'll be in different lobbies.
    Ad2mny likes this.
  20. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    *fortunately
    Ad2mny likes this.