Division 3 Season 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Thanks for the turn-out guys, everyone got on at one time of another. Tiny bit of lag from Hosie and Ad2mny, but hopefully that clears with Mic's being disabled.
    I didn't do the mandatory pit thing, I guess I should have, just to see results.. Duh.

Ran the lobby with no Tyre restrictions, so replays will be checked to make sure everyone uses the correct tyres at the correct time.. ie... Qualify and start race on hard tyres, then you can change to medium at your first pit-stop.
    Jimmay and Ad2mny like this.
  2. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Geez moon, hottest February day on record, and the aircon decides to pack it in? Not good! Fair effort to go as fast as you did on a controller too!

Hope you can get the internet sorted quickly at your new place Serge. Nice work putting the commentator's curse on Bernsey too!

Thanks for the run last night guys. Mod team has done a great job sorting divs. Gonna be a great season!
    BERNSY001 likes this.
  3. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    On proper race nights the only thing using the net will be the PS3. I didn't realise my and my partners iPhones and her iPad were still connected via wifi. My PS3 is a wired connection now so should be bit better actually on the night.
  4. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    Yeah. At least it decided to be nice again after the outside temp dropped to 36C. Have to get it checked.
    It wasn't too bad on the controller, but steering was slow and I was on Auto :p. It was a nice fun drive around.

As for the tyre/speed issues, maybe we should just stick to RH and assume that we are pitting for used tyres. It's just a matter of pitting more. I would prefer it to having RH/RM to artificially fix the max speed problem.
    Stumbles likes this.
  5. Jimmay

Jimmay New Recruit

PSN ID
    whisky_kilo
    Thanks for the quick race last night and a big thanks to the mods for getting everything setup. I need to practice more on cold tyres and figure out my pit strategy.

Oh... and I also need a headset!
  6. fearbs

fearbs New Recruit

Ill be
    # 41
    Standard colour for the base model (Its White) and standard wheels for the base model, grey wheels.

My car has 510pp. How do I get 518pp? Ive added improved rigdity and its still at 510pp.

Tah
  7. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Give the engine a service and 'ta dah'. I believe just changing oil has same effect but I went the whole hog.
    stucar17 likes this.
  8. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    If I can't find some consistency I can see i'm going to have a frustrating season.
  9. midron18

midron18 Rookie

PSN ID
    midron18
    We might be a close match then lol
  10. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    youll be right flood, a few laps and you are always there or there abouts.
  11. BERNSY001

BERNSY001 Rookie

PSN ID
    BERNSY001
    Just a quick question guys, how many stops are we mandated to make on Sunday night? I know at the first stop we switch to mediums but if it's two stops I have a few strategy ideas buzzing round my head (I don't want to screw it up lol!)

Edit - And then do we have to stay on mediums the rest of the race after the first stop if it is a two stop race?
  12. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    There are no mandatory pit stops, but even though not having tested full distance, my guess is you may require at least one.
    Now, switching to RM is just a work around to deal with the tyre glitch, usually we stick to same compound during a race on a regular season.
  13. BERNSY001

BERNSY001 Rookie

PSN ID
    BERNSY001
    Legend, thanks mate.
  14. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Joe found this over at GTPlanet...
    Just a heads up, it would be advantageous if everyone stopped and chilled when the race countdown timer goes red, lord knows, we need all the help we can get with the network and game glitches we have at the moment.
  15. garyw61

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Awwww, I normally get 3 more donuts in after it turns red! :p
    midron18 and Ad2mny like this.
  16. BERNSY001

BERNSY001 Rookie

PSN ID
    BERNSY001
    When it goes red we could have a rule where we all just pull off the track where we are then? Doesn't bother me
  17. midron18

midron18 Rookie

PSN ID
    midron18
    Maybe just get everyone to pit and then room leaders start the countdown?
  18. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    ATTENTION ROOZ RACERS!!

After much debate, head scratching and even some inappropriate jelly wrestling between Stu and Cyber, we have come to a decision on tyres. We are sorry this is coming so close to season kick off, but it can't be helped.

Sadly for those of you who have been madly practising , we will be making a change, but only because the game has changed on us. The Racing Mediums have been scratched. The only tyre to be used in the "Normal" and "Enduro" rounds will be RACING HARDS. Also in these rounds there will be NO MANDATORY PIT STOP and tyre wear/fuel will be set to "Normal".

The "Sprint" round will remain with the Racing Mediums and tyre wear/fuel will be set to fast.

Other settings to note for ALL rounds:
    Penalties = Weak
    Visual Damage = Off
    Mechanical Damage = Weak

We will do more testing at Bathurst as that race draws near, but given the flow of updates it seem futile to look too far ahead. On the topic of updates, we hope that futher updates may fix these online issues. If, I mean, when PD fix these problems we will review the race set ups and try and get pit stops back into League racing asap.

Finally, we have all noticed the glitchy rubbish that goes with GT6's clever Qualifying feature. Until this settles down we will run the rooms like we did in GT5 - Practice, 10 minute Qual, then the Captain starts the race. Please look through the COC and check the Qual rules, but basically give yourself room, get off the racing line if you're not on a hot lap and show respect to your fellow racers. As with GT5, we ask that everyone sit quietly on or beside the track during the countdown. We got out of the habit in the last few seasons, but GT has never enjoyed dealing with controller inputs when loading.

Now, get out on the track and do some practice. 4 more sleeps!!!
    midron18 and Bluemoon like this.
  19. BERNSY001

BERNSY001 Rookie

PSN ID
    BERNSY001
    Woop woop I got my ass into gear and wired my PS3 today, no more crappy wifi! Please tell me I am not the only one who has been counting down to the season kicking off like it is as important as F1 winter testing?
    WAC likes this.
  20. garyw61

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Unfortunately it looks like I am not gonna make it tonight guys. Have a great race.