Division 3 Season 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 6, 2014.

1. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Congrats to hosie and Ads for winning the 2 races last night, but unfortunately PSN wasn't too kind to us. Flood got lag slammed in both races, and lots reported lag glitches.

Not a good night for me. I also got lag whacked coming up behind hosie. Unfortunately I think Bernsy thought he had hit me, because he was right on my tail at the time. He slowed down to let me through, and I felt bad for that sorry mate. I was yelling at you "keep going Bernsy!" but you obviously couldn't hear me! I did have some good racing with moon after that though.

In the second race, I followed Andrew around for quite a few laps, then just when I thought I had finally found a way through on his inside, I came up on flood recovering from one of his lag punts I think and ploughed in to him. Sorry for that mate!

Had some good fun, but I really wish they could get the network issues sorted so we could race lag free!

I am happy to try hosting next week Stumbles if you wanted to see if things improve with my connection?
  2. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Worth a try Gary, at least with a cable connection, it rules out lack of bandwidth.

If anyone in Div 3 doesn't have garyw61 on their friends list, get him on there before the weekend. We'll go with that and see if it's any better. Being a cable connection, might be worth trying the "Fixed" room setting.
  3. Hosie09

Hosie09 Stevie

If I get time after work I will be getting myself a 15m eth cable. Also depending where will have it near me too.
  4. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    New div 3 racer "razor4797 "added to the lineup
  5. garyw61

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    welcome razor!
  6. Stumbles

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Welcome to the club razor. I'm normally the host, but we will be trying Gary's cable connection this Sunday, so make sure you get garyw61 onto your friends list before the weekend, as he will be the host.
    razor4797 likes this.
  7. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    I will be using the number 47 and the metallic blue/grey body with white rims
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  8. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    NBN 4 months away :( Got a couple more tricks up my sleeve I can try till then but the NBN was the droid I was looking for...
    t_b_williams likes this.
  9. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    You are lucky that NBN has started in your area.
    The rest of us are still in limbo.
  10. Stumbles

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    NBN not slated for my area until late 2015 was the last I heard. The whole thing will probably be canned by then...lol
  11. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

There has been a big hold up, the whole asbestos thing that was going down killed it ( especially up here in Qld) but it is slowly coming back online.
    Stumbles likes this.
  12. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    It's all on hold now. If the deployment has not started, it has been removed from the public rollout list.
  13. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
  14. midron18

midron18 Rookie

PSN ID
    midron18
    So I go to sign in about 10 mins before supposed room opening last week and it didn't let me sign in.. Turns out they were working on our phone lines without even telling us..
    For tonight, someone at work got sent in to hospital and I'm the one that's gotta cover them at work..
    I'll be at home probably 8:45 Sydney time :(
  15. Stumbles

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Argh. What a crap night. After no practice, I wasn't too far off the pace.
    Started from 4th, and promptly smashed into the back of Whisky at turn one... So sorry mate, I hope I didn't ruin your race, you looked to be carving up the pack by lap 8 or 9.. sorry.
    Once I got going, spun 3 times on the same bloody curb. Then I calmed down, put in a :28.xxx
    Got to about lap 12 and boom... Disconnected from lobby. (I almost expected it, think my modem maybe getting past it, my net dropped out just before I was going online tonight).
    The good part, at least everyone was lag-free using Gary's hosting capabilities.
    Jimmay and Ad2mny like this.
  16. Hosie09

Hosie09 Stevie

Sorry I couldn't race tonight boys. My mind wasn't in it tonight.
  17. BERNSY001

BERNSY001 Rookie

PSN ID
    BERNSY001
    Pretty good race tonight, I'm satisfied with 5th considering I did bugger all practice. Qualified 8th and was slightly worried, back to 9th at the first corner and then went on charge. Eventually I got stuck in a battle pack of about 5 of us and everyone was too busy trying to race rather than work together and catch M00n and Ad who at the time were only a few seconds up the road.
    Nevertheless, despite being half spun several times lol, AERO and I managed to break away. I dunno if AERO picked up on it or not but the constant flashing of the lights was a signal I wanted to work together. We were doing well, pulling in m00n (this is after Ad was in the fence) until AERO spun at Blanchimont leaving me all on my own. I pressed on and was catching m00n ever so slowly but all the while Ad was coming for me.
    He however made a few mistakes and Kilo caught him. Hoping they would battle I pushed hard to gain as much as I could. Ad then made a mistake and Kilo was through with only a handful of laps left. He was quick I will admit, and it's not like I was lighting up the track with my laptimes so he did catch me and successfully pass me with 1 to go. What happened on the last lap I won't comment on, you can watch it for yourself if you want to see it (the ENTIRE last lap). Flood took advantage and took a well deserved 4th considering he had to come back from his spin.
    Cyas next week
    Jimmay likes this.
  18. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Brilliant race tonight. Did not qualify or finish particularly well but the battles made up for it. It was great not to have to worry about my lag taking people out, or others doing the same to me. Gary's room was flawless, and Stumbles admitted it was most likely from his own end that he DSC'd.

Qualified 8th but managed to find a gap on the inside of turn 1 and moved up to 5th, Ran wide exiting Eua Rouge and slowed so as not to gain a penalty letting floodsim past and slotting in front of AERO. Was chuffed on my lap 2 move on them both next lap into Les Combes, splitting them down the middle into the braking area, and then I set off after 3vi1. We had a tooth and nail battle for a couple of laps and I was gutted when the car got just a little unsettled on the rumbles at Les Combes (which I had used quite often but never had a major issue) and parked it in the armco. Recovered fairly quickly having stopped on the little run-off pointing towards the track but the following pack was very close together and I dropped right back to 8th again.

Got a little touchy-feely with whisky kilo trying to find a way past, and finally found a way past at the final chicane when he bumped andrew_f_41 and slowed to not take advantage. I slid around the outside on entry and snuck under on the exit. He turned down on me not expecting me there and straightened a little too much running a little wide but I don't think I pushed him as I was going very slow and holding a very tight line to give him room. Took advantage of andrew_f_41 having a little spin exiting Pouhon and had my sights set on BERNSEY but another spin (I think it was turn 1 will have to check replay again) set me back a couple of spots again. Watched as whisky slowly reeled BERNSEY in and then floodsim quickly caught them too and then they were in my view with dirt and tyre smoke everywhere last lap. I thought it was lag but it was a gloves off duel with floodsim managing to come out on top in 4th.

So 7th overall, could have been better but honestly the battles more than made up for my poor finishing position, and I ended the race with sweaty palms and a smile on my face.

Well done razor and Gary who were having a div 2 race in the div 3 room (lol) and 3vi1 who I thought I was going to be battling with for the final podium spot but I got a bad bounce on the ripples I guess.
    AERO_HDT and Jimmay like this.
  19. garyw61

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Great race last night guys. Fantastic first up effort razor, well done. I managed to hang on to your draft for 12 laps until a penalty at eu rouge saw you slip away. Very good racing for those 12 laps though!

Good race by moon to, he was never more than about 8 or 10 seconds behind I think.

It looks like the room went ok, so I guess we will stick to this every week?
    Ad2mny likes this.
  20. Hosie09

Hosie09 Stevie

Note to self. Don't try to race after a massive weekend on the piss. Just can't think or concentrate. I hate birthday parties.
    JonoStan96 and garyw61 like this.