Division 2 Season 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 6, 2014.

1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    sounds good sparkles
  2. cjmonkey610

cjmonkey610 Rookie

Sorry guys, family priorities :-( looks like I miss out tonight.. cyas next week!
  3. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Bugger cj .
  4. OverDrivve

OverDrivve Rookie

PSN ID
    OverDrivve
    Im gunna change my number to #1
    :)
    t_b_williams likes this.
  5. smokinscotty

smokinscotty Rookie

PSN ID
    smokinscotty
    Good race tonight boys. Pretty disappointed in my performance... Binned a real good shot at a podium, hell if I had got past tb without the lag punt, I might have run away with it, Certainly had the pace to run up front but 2 or 3 stupid mistakes cost me a lot. Hey, that's racing though right!
    I will have to work on my consistency for next round. Bring on Motegi!!
    stucar17 and carn_the_pies like this.
  6. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Well, holy crap.
    Usually I'd leave my perspective on the race in the news report, but I have to do it raw from something as epic as that.

I was a bit disappointed to miss out on pole by less than 1.6 tenths, I would have had pole but I caught Stu too quickly, was a bummer.

Up into 3rd by turn 1, I thought I had lagged Cob off the road when he spun in front of me but he spun himself out. I was down to last anyway, and the win, I thought at that stage was miles out of grasp.

Cob and I caught the pack quickly but there was nowhere to overtake. I benefitted from
    Scotty and sparklehead spinning, but a strange incident involving natman and fRZ gave me a 5 second penalty, which was harsh. Still, it allowed me to crucially get past Cob. From memory, I got past natman
    and fRZ after a struggle, and hunted down Stu. I got a great tow and went down the inside at the long left hander.

Suddenly tb was vulnerable, and I began to ever so slightly close the gap. I got his tow, and he began to squeeze me against the wall, Schumacher Barrichello style. I wasn't too pleased with it, but after I darted across and used to camber to go the long way around and come out ahead, I didn't care. That was probably the best overtake I have ever performed, on anyone, ever. Definitely YouTube worthy.

Anyway, I couldn't quite shake tb. I was indeed faster, but the tow kept him in check. I got a poor run on the back with 5 laps to go and he went up the inside, while I planned to get back by on the next lap. However, at the exit of the right hander at the end of sector 3, I receive a huge lag punt, stopping me dead in my tracks. fRZ and Stu were
    close behind, and I was furious. I began flashing my lights as I thought tb would wait, considering at the Nürburgring I punted Stu and let him back through again a few corners later, but oh well.

With 4 laps and 4 seconds to make up, I needed all of them be pretty much perfection. On lap 31, I gain tremendously, but I'm still slightly too far back. On the final right hander, I put the car just a tiny bit too wide, costing me a little bit off speed. Into the final chicane, tb ran slightly wide, and I bumped him ever so slightly, and that made the difference. Had I not tapped him, there would have been microseconds in it.

It was a fantastic race, on the maximum limit the entire time. This was racing at its purist. I'm happy I performed the whole race practically mistake free. Still bitter not to take the win, but can't complain with 2nd after my position after the first corner... The report and photo taking is going to take a LONG time.

Cheers, Jono

P.S Tb, I considered protesting, but considering I have a 38(?) point lead with 3 to go, I decided to let it slide. I'd still advise looking at it though. Well done mate!
  7. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    A really good race tonight guys....Credit to everyone for just getting on with it even though there was still some issues with lag and the like.

Great win TB, good comeback 64, was happy with another podium, was a bit cautious when i was following stig with about 10 to go, but at least i didnt get lag punted !!!

Results
    1. TB (pole) 1:26:519
    2. N64 1:25:938
    3. Stu 1:26:355
    4. Cob 1:26:432
    5. frZnAU 1:26:607
    6. Scotty 1:25:841 (fastest lap)
    7. overdrivve 1:26:422
    8. sparkles 1:27:212
    9. joe 1:27:059
    10. Natman 1:26:573

Just watched the replay and again congrats to all for some hard but fair racing. (from what i saw)

Qual was very close, TB got pole with a 1:26:2**, i started 7th with a 1:26:8**. I got a good start and was up to 4th by the end of the 1st lap after a few mishaps.

I had a great battle with nat early on, till he made a bit of a mess of turn 4 and i managed to get away into second, chasing down TB. He made a small mistake and i managed to get the gap to about 2 secs, and i had Frzn closing in from 3rd. I noticed that N64 wasnt on my race list and was more than surprised to see him "pop up" behind me on about lap 18. (it was showing Frzn on my list). Anyway, he got a run on me and i let him go without fighting too much, hoping that he would pull me up to TB, or they would have the mother of all lag punts and could drive past waving ! It didnt happen, although Frzn was now right with me for 3rd, and we had a great 5 lap scrap till he went a little hot into the 2nd tunnel and i managed to get away with a little breathing space for the last 2 laps.
    Am happy with another podium, had a clean race with no mistakes for the first time this season !

Bad luck to Scotty, has pace and should have been higher up the order, and was great to have overdrivve back on the grid. also good drives from cob and Frzn. Well done guys.

on to motegi, i will have to do a fair bit of prac there if i am to get anywhere near the front....will be nice to race again on a smooth track !!!

On to Motegi
    smokinscotty likes this.
  8. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    good drive jono, but what were you going to protest ?
  9. sparklehead83

sparklehead83 Team Driver

PSN ID
    sparklehead83
    I was happy to finish not in last place tonight, you guys were just too quick for me here to be honest. anyone up for a practice on motegi tomorrow morning? should be on about 11ish probs
  10. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    would love to but will be at work mate....need to be in the low 27s i reckon to be at the pointy end. I need to find over a second !!!
  11. sparklehead83

PSN ID
    sparklehead83
    hey stu you gonna put me in div3 or 4 next season? with work as it is for me, i'm just not getting the track time required to mix it up with you guys
  12. sparklehead83

PSN ID
    sparklehead83
    i'll bear that in mind. i've got a couple of hours spare to find the pace ready for sunday
  13. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    we will certainly look at it mate.

We will look at the entries and also the fastest lap times etc to help work out the divs for season 2.

There are a few guys that need to move based on their speed relative to others.
    At the end of every season there is always a bit of shuffling. ;)
  14. fRZn

fRZn Team Driver

PSN ID
    fRZnAU
    Had a really good race tonight. My best time in practice was a 1:26.3. But when qualifying came around I couldn't do any better than a 1:26.5. Got a fairly good start off of the line, managed to gain one position. There was a lot of smoke at the first corner and I found myself third. Had a great battle with Scotty the first three laps as we desperately tried to stop TB from running away with the money but being cautious enough to allow breathing room for the lag. Then the inevitable happened. Scotty got too close to TB through turn 12 and was stopped dead in his tracks, cue me smashing into the back of Scotty , slapping me with a five second penalty. This sent me down to sixth.
    I ended up having a good battlie with nat for a couple of laps until I somehow managed to get by. After a few laps (to my surprise) N64 was on my tail. I figured I couldn't see him on the board therefore he must be a lap down and in ninth or tenth. I didn't want any (lag) trouble so I didn't fight much and slowed a bit to let him through. Unfortunately I then had my moment of realisation; !@#$%^&*cars a lap down are ghosts you idiot!!!! I managed to use 64's slipstream to make my way up to him and Stu while they were fighting over position. By the time I caught up with Stu 64 was long gone. The following laps were the most fun I have had so far in a rooz race. Stu was quicker through everything other than the first sector (primarily turn 4) after a sensational few laps I managed to squeeze past at said turn.

64 and TB must've had a coming together because all of a sudden I was a few metres behind 64. I followed him closely through turns twelve and thirteen until I had yet another brain wave and remembered that 64 was also experiencing connectivity issues. So I swerved as far to the left out of thirteen as possible. I must've seen the future because not a second later, I witnessed the familiar screeching and puff of smoke we have all come to know and love (some more than others!). At this point TB had disappeared off of my leaderboard and I found myself in first position! Figuring there was some sort of witchcraft going on, this only confirmed the "sudden realisation" I had earlier about 64 - some serious BS going on!

Stu then continued to chase me for the next few laps until I had a brain fade in the short tunnel before the left-hander into the long tunnel whereby I forgot to take my foot off of the gas early enough. Thinking "no worries mate, she'll be right" I didn't bother braking thinking that inertia and friction would be enough to stop me from giving the tunnel a smear of reflex spice. Oh how wrong I was. *BANG* said paintwork is smeared across said tunnel wall. Disaster ensues. I get passed by Stu and shortly after by Cob. There was no way I was going to ever pass Cob unless he had moment of his own.

I feel like I could've possibly got a podium if not for my mistakes, yet as they say, hindsight is 20/20 vision. Had a better race than last week, and hopefully I'm not too off of the pace at Motegi to enjoy yet another cracker.
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
    smokinscotty, stucar17 and JonoStan96 like this.
  15. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    I was going to protest the lag punt (only a few laps to go) that tb failed to readdress on, based on me losing 4 seconds, nearly losing position to yourself and fRZ, and my readdression at the Nürburgring, but considering that the room was so buggy, and I still have a commanding lead, I decided it's not worth the stress and conflict.
    I guess I was just a bit annoyed that I drove my heart out (and destroyed my hands from gripping the G27 so tightly!) and I came up just short. I just think the lag punt cost me the win. When you take into account though that we are incredibly laggy despite solid connections it doesn't make things any easier. It would be unfair to take the points away from tb for something he had no control over, despite my animosity. tb drove exceptionally well, bringing himself into title contention and deserved victory!

Cheers, Jono
  16. fRZn

fRZn Team Driver

PSN ID
    fRZnAU
    Honestly if there ever was going to be a protest against a lag punt, I would think I have the most valid case. You know, due to it affecting my results since the first race (yes four consecutive occasions!). There is nothing that can be done about it. You just have to accept it and move on. This is not to belittle your incident or meant to come across as harsh (if it reads that way). I understand your anger and I feel your pain.
    stucar17 and JonoStan96 like this.
  17. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    It certainly didn't feel like you let me past! Our battle was very fun. PD really need to get there stuff together, because their servers suck, and we're being plagued with glitches that result in misunderstandings such as this. I found it quite cool that when we were side by side, it was #97 vs #96!
  18. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    You weren't nearly as harsh as Cob last week ;)

I'm over it now, it was one fantastic race and one I'll remember for a long time! It was sensational, and no way am I going let my 6 hundredths of a second anger spoilt it.
  19. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    Lag punted on the first lap just out of the first tunnel - what pisses me off was there were not even any cars around me at the time - WTF!!
    No pace, no fun.
  20. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Yeah, it's more frustrating when you are struggling for pace. I had a few occasions where (I think it was TBs car) teleported from a few secs, to a few secs behind, then back again. I was just lucky I didn't cop a hit. Stay on that horse mate,

@ jono, from my car watching you and TB racing I was just waiting for the train smash to occur. Both lagging, smoke and sparks every now and again, a lag hit was going to happen at some stage. It's a moot point though, as you haven't protested, but I am glad others haven't protested their lag punts from your car or I wouldn't have any hair left !! As frzn said in his write up, I also let you go and don't race you as close as I normally would. I tied to stay in your slipstream, far enough back that it wouldn't lag me, but it is such a fine line that the draft was the only thing that would keep giving me the 1/2 sec I needed. Once I lost it by trying to give you that little bit of room it was all over for me.

Anyway, we will leave it at that. Just hope the next update isn't far off and some of these issues get sorted.
    JonoStan96 likes this.