Division 2 Season 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 6, 2014.

1. smokinscotty

smokinscotty Rookie

PSN ID
    smokinscotty
    Hardest thing about lag punts is regaining composure. I was cool calm and collected, and sailed up behind TB but after the lag punt I was overdriving in a huge way, driving like a pissed off teenager, which brought on two things.... Mistakes and FTD
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  2. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    Are you f#%^king serious, now I've heard everything.
    FloodSim likes this.
  3. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Hi guys,

Just some general info for our new racers and a refresher for our ROOZ regulars... !!

Just a reminder that we pride ourselves on trying to race as cleanly, and fairly as possible. We all know that sometimes things go pear shaped, and we expect it to happen from time to time. That said, there are still somethings that we all need to be aware of while racing in our series.

1. If you make contact with someone and push them offline, you cant take advantage to take the spot. You must redress and give the spot back. If you don't, that driver who has been disadvantaged by an unfair move, has the right to protest post race, and if the move is proven to be outside the rules, a drive through penalty WILL BE ENFORCED.

2. If you do have an incident and find yourself offtrack, you must watch for oncoming traffic before you rejoin the track. Again, if you rejoin, and cause an accident from not being aware there is the potential for a post race penalty.

3. At least 2 wheels MUST REMAIN ON AT LEAST THE RIPPLE STRIPS AT ALL TIMES. Any driver gaining obvious advantage from driving off track will recieve a post race penalty to be determined by the size of the advantage and the number of times the driver has gained an advantage.

For all other rules and regs please have a quick read here : http://raceonoz.com/threads/rules-regulations.70/

We certainly dont want to ruin the fun, and i have to say that the first 4 rounds have been fantastic with no protests (up till this point), but we still need to be very aware that our core goal is to give the cleanest, and fairest racing leagues that we can.

Cheers
    Mod team
    JonoStan96 and sparklehead83 like this.
  4. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
  5. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Probably should make a standard for laggy cars, although in most cases it can't be helped it still should come down to the person lagging in terms of blame, consider it the equalivent of a mechanical fault.

It is unfortunate but it's not fair to those that are the victim to lag.

In some PC leagues I had they would have someone as race control and excessive lag would get you black flagged.
  6. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    Oh the irony!!
  7. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Let's get one thing straight here. Did I protest? No. My initial reaction after the incident was to, but after such an epic race and the unfortunate circumstances I quickly decided it was a stupid idea. If you had read my other responses you would have seen my reasons as to why I didn't. TB raced hard, led almost every lap, and deserved the victory after catching me napping. I don't see why my initial reaction is so shocking. F1 drivers complain all the time, but very few actually acknowledge that their point of view was misguided. I had said I didn't want to protest since it's only going to cause conflict, but hey, I guess that ship has well and truly sailed off into the sunset.
  8. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    I think the anger stems from them complaining about your lag all season without mentioning of protesting, but when it happened to you considered protesting.

Although it can't be helped other people shouldn't be penalised because they are not lagging.

For instance say I got ahead of warrior and I was lagging like crazy, he can't get past because if he does he has no idea if I'm going to wipe him off the track from lag and ruin his race, giving me a massive defensive advantage.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  9. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    That being said, I do realise that my connection has caused some relatively minor problems (Stu at the Ring, Cob at Spa) and I do apologise for those incidents. It doesn't exactly help my cause. I'm just a little disappointed that when I decide to voice my opinion, and take it back quickly even before being shot down, it results in this.
  10. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Comparing F1 to this isn't fair though, as crashes in there world can mean injury or even death, it's totally different.
    OverDrivve likes this.
  11. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    I agree with everything you said. Like I said, it would have been unfair to penalise tb. Even if I did protest, it would have been extremely unlikely the positions would have swapped. Let's not forget that the winning margin was 0.064 seconds. Less than the blink of an eye. Tb's victory should be the talking point of the race.
  12. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Easy boys .........

i think we have all done a pretty good job so far of not letting it affect the series, There have been some great races and epic battles, but you must understand jono that its much harder for us to race you closely than it is for you to race us closely. A few of the boys have copped lag hits and it has definitely compromised their races, but they haven't hinted at protesting.

i know both frZn and i let you go last night instead of attacking in the draft, that has an effect on the race as a whole.

Sometimes if you open a can, make sure there isnt any worms in it !!!! ;)

@musta, its not anger, far from it, just the 5% knowing that things "might" be a little different if we didnt have these issues.

Lets leave it at that guys, i dont want a s$#t fight over what has so far been a great season, albeit with a few hiccups. ;)
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  13. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    The GT6 servers though have definitely contributed to it, the one thing they needed to fix the most from GT5 they made worse congrats PD.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  14. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    I was referring to penalties. I had watched a replay of the 2010 Italian GP prior to the Clipsal race and Webber complained that Hülkenberg kept holding position by cutting the chicanes. So it sort of reminded me of
    that.
    Let's just relax and reflect on what was a scintillating Round 4.
  15. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Indeed, there certainly wasn't any of this in GT5, I can't remember getting lag punted in that game, ever!
  16. CobMcCool

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    See, Mustafur gets it, so keep driving fast, keep winning and/ or placing well, just pull your head in a little bit and understand what's going on here.
  17. smokinscotty

smokinscotty Rookie

PSN ID
    smokinscotty
  18. CobMcCool

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    Yeah, Brick killed a man.
    OverDrivve and smokinscotty like this.
  19. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    Your reasons for a potential protest don't stack up at all and reek of double standards or some "entitlement" to the win.
    That attitude doesn't sit well with people.
    Why even mention it at all if you decided afterwards not to protest? Not to mention protests aren't even supposed to be discussed in public.

Your race doesn't sound nearly as grand when people admit to letting you pass.
  20. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    I mentioned it because I like to be honest with everyone, so I shared my INITIAL (key word) thoughts after the race. Yeah in hindsight, I should have kept my trap shut, and I've probably cost myself a few tickets doing so. Once again, I mentioned that it was a stupid idea, which is 100% the case.

I offered to sit out one of the races due to my lag because I didn't want to ruin anyone's race. I want to race cleanly and fairly with everyone, so when I find out that people are letting me past out of fear, it doesn't make me feel good at all.