Division 2 Season 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 6, 2014.

1. sparklehead83

sparklehead83 Team Driver

PSN ID
    sparklehead83
    alright so on a different subject.. what sort of times are you getting around motegi? i've just spent an hour and a half trying not to throw my wheel out of the window onto flinders lane because i can't seem to be able to nail this course... just want to know if 1:57:9 is half decent because it doesnt feel that quick.
    On the lag subject I can't really say anything 'cause I can't see n64 and t b from last place :rolleyes:, but it sounds like a :):):):) fight up there hopefully that and the pit stop glitch gets sorted before bathurst.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  2. sparklehead83

PSN ID
    sparklehead83
    I should also add that with it being season 1 of gt6 I think we were all expecting some software problems, so it should be no surprise to any of us who remember the early days of gt5 online. so calm down and enjoy not having to race the AI o_O or risk it in the online lobbys:mad:
    JonoStan96 and stucar17 like this.
  3. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    I sent you a message just as you went on today sparkles. I got down to a high 56, but feel I have another 2 tenths in it.

More prac required. !!
  4. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I'm really struggling mate, I've done about 30 practice laps and I can't even crack into the 58's!
  5. sparklehead83

PSN ID
    sparklehead83
    :( just got down to low 57's, sorry i missed that msg, I would have liked to see your laps. looking at my fast lap replay I reckon I can get down to the 56's with practice. just not enough hours in the week for me unfortunatly
  6. sparklehead83

PSN ID
    sparklehead83
    I don't believe that for a second.. I'm just lacking consistency this season. if I can get though this one race without a crash i'll be happy keeping my times below 2 mins to be honest
    JonoStan96 and smokinscotty like this.
  7. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    It's definitely my bogey track, in pre season testing I was getting destroyed by everyone, and about 10 laps last night didn't change that at all lol
    I'll be finding every gravel trap on that track ;)
  8. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    In the lobby stu had after the race I got a 1:56.9 I think it was a really good lap in the last half, no idea what's going to be possible by Sunday.
  9. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    I was hoping you would say there wasn't much time left musta, my time was the same this morning so was happy with that, till you find another sec !!!!!
  10. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Anybody here on fibre? Sorted our lag problems in div 3.
  11. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Fixed room ownership on your strongest connection. Mus it would probably help in your econobox series too.
  12. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    I'll give it a try on Friday
    Ad2mny likes this.
  13. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    I just realised I wont be able to make this week's race, due to the Top Gear Festival this Sunday. I'll try to get a few photos and videos of the day, especially of the McLaren MP4-4!

Cheers, Jono
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2014
  14. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Isn't it during the day or night too?
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2014
  15. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    During the day, but I'm going with a mate of mine and afterwards we're having a BBQ.
    Ad2mny likes this.
  16. OverDrivve

OverDrivve Rookie

PSN ID
    OverDrivve
    weird car this one, I was getting low 26's in trial mountain praccy, but it didn't 'feel' fast at all. I guess it's the lack of power compared to the Citroen last season ;)
  17. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    I don't know what to say other than sorry to Scotty and Jono for things out of my control. I didnt actually see the punt to Scotty but it was a safe bet as to what had happened. I say you coming mate and was concentrating on my lines rather than looking in my mirror, then you were gone.

As to running you into the wall Jono, I've yet to look at the replay but I honestly don't think you were far enough up to warrant me 'having' to give you room, and that gap was always going to disappear. I changed my line as soon as you got out of the draft and just continued to drift left. But hey you still managed to get by me round that same corner anyway.

While I am stoked to get my first Div 2 win, it is a bit of a bitter win. Had I actually caused an incident and not telstra, PD, GT6, (take your pick) then yes I would have redressed in an instant. As Mustafur said earlier, maybe it should be a ROOZ stipulation as to what happens with lag punts.

But as to giving someone room who is lagging, I think that is each to his own. After N64 did get past I sure as hell wasnt gonna give up. On at least three occasions I came within what would have been millimeters of being hit via lag, that was just a risk I was willing to take, just as Jono was after I got back by.

Ok rant over. Sorry Stu if I just opened another can.
    smokinscotty and JonoStan96 like this.
  18. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    It's all good mate, you drove brilliantly and deserved the victory. That bit where I went around the outside after the squeezing, it was rash but fun. Don't worry about it. I recorded it too on my phone as well, it looks sweet!

I admire that you kept your eyes on the prize and kept fighting, because regardless of the lag punt and jitteriness on both our parts, that was one of the most intense and fun battles ever, and the gap at the end of the race only emphasises that.

I agree that it would be a good idea to have some sort of ROOZ legislation in regards to lag. But for now we'll have to put up with this crap. Congrats on your first win of the season mate, and well done to scotty, that must have been a hell of a lap!
  19. smokinscotty

smokinscotty Rookie

PSN ID
    smokinscotty
    It's all good tb... I just don't know how to give lag space :D I just keep pushing hoping it won't happen so I can pounce if I can get away with it. I'm hardly a chance at the championship, so with nothing to loose, it was all or nothing :D I was more disappointed that I lost Frzn his position! :):):):) happens.
    I know I may have broken the 3rd golden rule on a couple (?) of occasions in that first chicane, if it turns out my hot lap was one of them I'm happy to surrender FL and wear any penalties. I will review the replay and check each lap tomorrow. But yeah I did have good pace, but maybe driving to close to my limits.

I did mention the idea of a reward system so say you get punted you get say 10 sec off your total race time, but i was reminded me that the time lost varies a lot on which track, how far off track, time taken to rejoin safely etc so realistically, it would never be fair.
    Perhaps you could do it by averaging your lap times from the lap before and the lap after the punt and deduct the difference, but I can still see holes in that too.(ie, get lag punt near the start finish line could blow out two lap times) plus it would take someone a long time to do all the sums etc
    As It wasput it to me... There's far to much grey area to be able to implement a rule. Rightly so.
    stucar17 likes this.
  20. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Unfortunately, since Sunday my saved replay of the race has corrupted and causes my PS3 to crash. That means I wont be able to take any photos or file a report. If anyone is able to help Ad2mny and I by writing up a brief report (nothing too special) and perhaps taking a few action shots, it would be much appreciated!