GT6 [COMPLETED] State of Origin Series II

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by JonoStan96, Jan 14, 2014.

?

What car should we use?

1. Nissan GTR GT500 Base Model '

60.0%
  2. Honda NSX GT500 Base Model

33.3%
  3. Toyota Supra GT500 Base Model

6.7%
  4. Lexus SC430 GT500 Base Model

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Well done lads, feel like I'm not needed (wipes tear from eyes). Hey Rotor, given your great result I would be happy to drop back to reserve for the remainder of the series and let you fight it out for the overall championship.
  2. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    without the lag could have been in the mix for 3rd or 4th, certainly would have been a good scrap with me and 64 looking for that podium.....
  3. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Yeah, that was "unexpected" lol
  4. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Great fun last night guys, cheers to everyone for joining, but once again, lag intervened ruining stu's and fastboy's races, my fault on both occasions. Congrats to the QLDers on a 123, that's going to take quite an effort to overcome it.

My qualifying was disappointing. After practising and getting low 1:04's, a 1:05.0 was clearly not going to be quick enough. I took pole by over a second in the same race last season, I was 6 tenths down and in 6th this time. Stu's awesome 2nd place was more than consolation however.

I got an awesome start, diving up the inside and overtaking 4 cars to set up a NSW 1-2. It wouldn't last sadly. Coming out of the quick right flick, I failed to cover Mustafur and rotor, which invited them up the inside. Rather cruelly, stu copped the full force of my terrible lag, and was down to last place. Rotor was now in the lead, with Mustafur close on my tail.

He eventually passed me, but he spun out a few laps later. Fastboy was now putting me under pressure, we had a fun side by side battle. But he got past me eventually. I was still keeping up though. I backed off whilst heavily in his slipstream, but of course, this resulted in another stupid lag punt.

Rotor was now several seconds clear, with the gap to-ing and froing. As I started to gain on Rotor slightly, the phone started going berserk. I had no choice but to answer, and there went my challenge. A minute was lost, and ironically enough I was roughly in the same place when I rejoined, albeit a lap down and in last place. That's now 2 Origin races in a row where outside intervention has compromised my race.

I kept going to try and steal some points from the Victorians and Outsiders. It would be a long process, but I eventually settled down, and nailed some fast, consistent lap times. I had passed Bruce, but that still wouldn't score me any points. I benefitted from C.A.G.M's failure to finish, and tb's earlier DSC.

I caught Dave at the wrong section of the track, and cost myself time. By now, Mustafur was on my tail in 2nd place, as we caught Joe. Upon passing him, I struggled to pull away. To make matters worse, I had to cede position to Mustafur, which was pretty hairy to keep Joe behind in the process!

Strangely enough, once I let Mustafur through, I found another level in pace, and I was getting held up by him, as strange as that is to say. I decided to stay in his slipstream, as it saved fuel and would benefit me if we came across any more rivals I needed to pass.

My strategy worked supremely. Just prior the pit stop, we were making fast inroads on those who had pitted earlier. I caught Haze by surprise, and I was now up to 8th. Mustafur pitted on lap 48, but I kept going until I was running on fumes. On lap 50, my engine cut out just as the AI took over in the pits. I made up lots of time as I didn't have to wait for my crew to pit fuel in. 40L was just enough. I came out ahead of Mustafur, but I had to give way once again. We caught emmo and I was up into 7th. That was as far as I got up.

I kept following Mustafur, as we caught rotor. Mustafur took the lead as rotor ceded position. Mustafur didn't want to battle anymore, and let me through as I futilely tried to catch Frzn.

I became confused when the feed on the left said rotor had crossed the line to start his final lap, Mustafur didn't have enough fuel! It was a strong race from rotor, who seemed really at home in the GT-R. I'm pleased
    that stu recovered from the lag to finish 5th, that was a splendid drive. Sergio was very impressive in 4th as well. Emmo drove well but seemed to struggle towards the end, as did Bruce, I can only guess it was due to the new Thrustmaster giving the arms quite a workout!

So, another dominant performance for QLD, but NSW definitely have the pace to be right up there, it's a tough ask against so many bastards in Div 1 lol

Le Mans will be fantastic, the long Mulsanne will make for plenty of overtaking, and with nighttime intervening, it will be quite a spectacle!

Cheers, Jono
    stucar17 likes this.
  5. bjh1012

bjh1012 Bruce Hale Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    bjh1012
    I can not blame my tools jono i just got the red mist and tried to hard but did finish again on the phone connection that's a win for me
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  6. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

I would have dont better if I didnt keep putting the left side wheel over the curb going into the last corner caused me to spin twice there
  7. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Had some fun battling with you for position, until Musta caught up and stole my draft. You two going any each other kept you on my sights for a while, but slowly lost ground.
    Also had heaps of fun with Frzn, the most fun I've had in a while. We really pushed each other giving is enough space for battle, made me sweat bucket loads.
    Good to have some pace again to enjoy the battles.
    bjh1012 and stucar17 like this.
  8. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Good race, i got a bad start and that put me back and as i was battling to get back to the front i wheel spinned on the ripple strip after that high speed chicane and i spun, which sent me back to around 12th. After that i managed to fight my way back to the podium and was locked in a battle with fastboy, draft was extremely strong here and it just wasn't possible to take off unless the other driver made a mistake, which we both where doing quite a bit.

Eventually i got away from him and started eating away at Rotors 15 second gap, getting it down to around 9 seconds by the time a pitted.
    By this stage i had N64 with me but he was a lap down. As first he was just following me staying in my draft but then he started trying to overtake which was anoying because i was getting close to rotor at this stage, once i cought up to rotor he just pulled over to let me pass and i thought maybe he ran out of fuel, thats when i looked at my fuel and noticed it was at Critical low level and knew i wouldn't make it so i let n64 pass i tried coasting it for a lap to see if i could make it, then i saw i couldn't so i went for a splash in the pits and had to concede to 2nd position.

Overall happy with my performance but battling was pretty fustrating because the draft felt too strong here and it relied on others making a mistake to get away.

Locking out the podium for queensland means we have a really commanding position in the championship and a good battle with rotor for the drivers championship looks likely.
  9. bjh1012

bjh1012 Bruce Hale Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    bjh1012
    Yea no where you comming from F/Smth lol
  10. X4rotorsploxX

X4rotorsploxX Rookie

PSN ID
    X4rotorsploxX S.Leonheart (GT6)
    If I had your pace perhaps lol
  11. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    ;)
    X4rotorsploxX likes this.
  12. SerenityInSpeed

SerenityInSpeed Rookie

PSN ID
    HazeOne68
    Enjoyed that. Good long race distance. Tussling with emmo for most of the race. Even after pits. The next round should be interesting!
  13. smokinscotty

smokinscotty Rookie

PSN ID
    smokinscotty
    Sorry guys went over my speed limit and stuck with a 256K speed limited connection!
  14. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Nooooo Scotty, those movies mate, gotta stay away from those movies lol.
  15. smokinscotty

smokinscotty Rookie

PSN ID
    smokinscotty
    Sorry.... proposed to the other half and she shut up shop lol
    stucar17 likes this.
  16. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Put a ring on it and you may as well become a monk!!
    smokinscotty and stucar17 like this.
  17. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Outsiders, please welcome another reserve, MINT_GTR!
  18. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    I am hoping Rotor is sorted for tomorrow night. I've scored tickets to the footy so I'll be drinking expensive light beer and yelling at bad umpires.
  19. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    let me know if you need a reserve again 64.

Not sure i can make it anyway, but if needed will see what i can do. Hopefully you have your full team there.
  20. X4rotorsploxX

X4rotorsploxX Rookie

PSN ID
    X4rotorsploxX S.Leonheart (GT6)
    We shall see, been so random recently with things