Division 3 Season 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Apr 4, 2014.

1. bjh1012

bjh1012 Bruce Hale Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    bjh1012
    How do you do that so clear
  2. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

Good report stumbles, you were to consistent to beat last night.
    I stuffed up in qualify I did my first ever lap under 1.17 with a 16.9 which did have me in 2nd place, but I made a stupid move and quit before race started. Dam it lol.
    So that had me starting from dead last grrrr managed to jump 4 guys on the start, only to have a lag crash with Gary at the end of the lap. Put me right at the back again .the lag was terrible until Tovey got disconected.
    So I spent the whole race lap after lap pushing as hard as I could. stumbles would respond trading fastest laps times but in the end he was to far up the road and didn't make any mistakes. Good win stumbles.
  3. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Damn, forgot to put in my report too, Smokinscotty was in the room too but kept disconnecting, gave up in the end.
  4. Stumbles

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Do what so clear Bruce, the pics? Just a photo from my iPhone.
  5. GTDutch

GTDutch Rookie

PSN ID
    GTP_Dutch
    I enjoyed last night for the pressure of keeping the car on the track, as well as the 'fight' with groover towards the end which i found quite thrilling, even though it was never really side by side racing. I was never terribly quick here and the extra week for practice didn't help as i never really had a chance to get on for a run. However, i did manage to get better in time for the race and somehow qualified 5th with a 17 something, and a PB by far of 17.4 in the race. Unfortunately i could neither keep that pace consistently nor keep the car on the track at important moments and ended up with some critical errors all through the race which dropped me back by a great margin, two being the corkscrew on the first lap from a good position and the first corner halfway through the race after just setting my PB and pulling in on groover.

But wasnt to be and was settling in for a lonely race in 'almost' last place with pace around the 18.5-19.5 until 4 laps from the end when groover comes off at turn 3 and gave me the challenge of holding him off till the end of the race. GT6 was doing that weird thing where it would dream the car going into a corner too hot or going off track and spinning out and then 2 seconds later snap back to reality and have the competitor right where they should be. This threw me off a lot in the last few laps with groover and partially resulting in me loosing the place- but honestly you were quicker groover and i probably would have lost it on the last lap anyway.... do other people get those hallucinations as well?

Even without the mistakes i probably wasnt up for anything higher than 4th but great credit to the guys up front on a good race, and off course well done to Stumbles and commiserations to tovey for the drop out.
  6. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    That is what we call lag mate.
  7. bjh1012

bjh1012 Bruce Hale Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    bjh1012
    ok mate
  8. GTDutch

GTDutch Rookie

PSN ID
    GTP_Dutch
    yeah, ive had lag before where it is just the car moving erratically, thats what i have been used to and i guess ive been ok with that. It's only been lately I'm having this other kind of lag where its like the network reads your mind about the competitor going off track or lunging way to hot, and then it happens, and this throws me off more as i consider that to give a bit of a breather, but then the car pops back on the track as normal. Its like its teasing me. Having said that, i clearly shouldn't be relying the mistakes of others to get me up the grid!! ;)
    Ad2mny likes this.
  9. Stumbles

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Won't have time today, but will try and get some photo's for the race report Scotty. Real shame you kept disconnecting, bloody PD and PSN.
    Ad2mny likes this.
  10. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Sorry Slambo, It looked to me just like you lost it on your own. I didn't feel a thing. In fact I never see any lag with anyone at all.

It looks like there was quite a lot of lag last night sorry guys. Might me time to try a new host? We are certainly not enjoying the lag free races we were last season. :(
  11. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    I guess I finished as high as could have expected, not turning a single lap all week. Qualified somewhere in the back and found my way to last place thanks to PD's new addition, F1 lights start.
    Jumped the start and got a 2 sec penalty followed by an irresponsive Macca just sitting still until a big push from behind got me going.
    I figured there is nothing else I could do but put my head down and bring it home. Didn't have blistering pace but did not make mistakes and took advantage of other people's unfortunate situations and found the back of slambobagan, who was obviously too fast and slowly disappeared in the distance.
    Had a small sand excursion on turn 1 only 3 laps from the finish by pure silly distraction.
    For a while gained on Gary but mostly he kept or grew the gap, so stayed there until the end.
    Sorry about your disconnect Tovey, your pace was clearly on the div1/2 times and would have been another win for you.
    On a a happier note, glad to see stumbles not keeping true to his name ;) and driving a truly strong race just as he did in Tokyo on season 12, his last season win.
    Slambobagan very fast as well, with a well deserved second.
    My sights are fixed on Gary as we seem to be on similar race pace, but need to be close to call it a battle.
    Make sure you bring your gum boots and umbrellas next week for a stroll in the wet. Cyas
    Stumbles and Ad2mny like this.
  12. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Bloody Telstra. I see the same Gary, everyone is solid as a rock then all of a sudden people disappear behind me. It's frustrating because all I'm doing is trying to race, but I know from being on the other end it is even more frustrating getting taken out.
  13. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    S_CLOSE, that push was from me. the Gap between your car and the inside wall is not wide enough :p So that started me with damage, then there was lag and Groover lag moved down the inside from off track (probably looked like nothing on his end) so that put me way down. But I was never in it with pace. I could be consistent but I have a foot injury and its right at the point on my foot when I press the brake. Well done to stumbles. Hoping I have more pace next round and less lag.
    S_CLOSE likes this.
  14. smokinscotty

smokinscotty Rookie

PSN ID
    smokinscotty
    Pretty cut about PSN/pd dramas last night, every time I would get on track and within a minute my screen would freeze and 30 sec later I'd get disconnected from the servers.
    In a practice race during the week, I was doing ok for about 10 laps then got d/c. That should have raised the alarm that all was not well with my config. But with a motorkhana on Sunday it was a very busy weekend for me, working on my towbar/trailer/race car all day Saturday and then a early start for a day of skids in the sun. Finally got home with an hour to spare before race time. Pizza delivery turned up 10 mins prior to qually, so I threw down a few quick slices and got in the seat ready to race then the dc dramas started!
    Congrats Stumbles and thanks for doing the report in my absence!
  15. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Did Tovey get fastest race lap? and what was it?
  16. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

He didn't finish the 2nd lap I don't think before he got d/c Stumbles got the fastest I'm pretty sure.
  17. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Thanks
  18. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Sorry guys but I can't get my lap by lap chart in this week as my replay screwed up
  19. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    FYI sparkles was racing too and d/c later in the race, so he took 8th and tovey would be 9th.
    Stumbles likes this.
  20. Stumbles

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Crap, I thought I wrote that here, but I wrote it on the bookface post. Sorry emmo, slight adjustment needed on our champ ladder.
    Thanks for pointing it out Hatfield.