GT6 [COMPLETED] Senna tribute series

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by leeboy910, Jun 4, 2014.

1. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Rooms open approx 9pm aest qual at 9 15 start 9 30
  2. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

Thats going to make for a late night. 7am start in the morning. But its ok I will be finished by 1
  3. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    which Indy track at Brands, new version or 80's?
  4. Blindman

Blindman Team Driver

PSN ID
    BLINDMANRACiNG
    Sorry vardz what is tmi
    emmo46 likes this.
  5. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I haven't heard that one either.
  6. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    TMI - Too Much Information
    VARDZ likes this.
  7. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    of course.
  8. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Lol now I see it it's like why didn't I realise...

Must be getting old.
  9. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    More the merrier! New version of Brands Hatch Indy.
  10. PurpleDog

PurpleDog Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    PurpleDog
    gonna have to miss the first race, can I join for the second?
  11. rick provenzale

rick provenzale New Recruit

Hey mate just wondering if i can get in tonight?
  12. leeboy910

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Round 1 done and dusted! Room 1 had some good, clean racing (the voice chat not so clean haha).
    A few PD issues in race 2, hopefully we can get around those next week!
  13. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Haha that was brilliant!

First race was epic, thought I had pole but there was a calamity with the settings! Fastboy got a great lap in for pole. For the next race, I'm going to turn off the driver tags, they were really distracting when following fastboy. Luckily for me he crashed at turn 1. I was pulling away from Anon until I came across Colin to lap him. He must not have realised I was there, as I was stuck behind him for half a lap and lost time. I didn't even realise until a a lap later that Anon became a victim of one of my lag punts. Sorry mate. From then on it was smooth sailing. Using the shifter with this car was so satisfying with this car, one handed through the streets was a great feeling. I tried to use the clutch on the last lap, but came unstuck and hit the wall after I hit the wrong pedal to stop! Luckily my lead was large enough to secure victory.

The 2nd race wasn't so good. I hate the Indy layout with a passion, much rather the full version. I was too busy panicking over he blind spots with TB, that I put a wheel on the grads and lost time. Not as much ending up in the Druids sand trap millions of time though. I got spun by Col when I recovered from a spin, but it didn't matter. I might have taken him out accidentally at turn 3/4 when battling with emmo, both were ghosts and Colin un ghosted at just the wrong moment. I would have waited for him if I hadn't noticed he was far behind after passing emmo around the outside at the final corner. That's two nights in a row mate! :p

Nice job Anon for making us look rather silly. Really fantastic series so far, I can't wait to tackle more of the street circuits.

Cheers, Jono.
    Ad2mny, emmo46 and leeboy910 like this.
  14. leeboy910

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Rome will be a cracker, such a quick track in this car!
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  15. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Brilliant first race, these cars are awesome. Second race DSC'd in the middle of qualification and could not rejoin. Was looking forward to Brands more too. Please can we scrap the quali for a timed practice session?

Commiserations to S_CLOSE too, who tried so hard to join. Stupid PD
    Cyber_STIG_77 likes this.
  16. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    yeah what's with that, it's getting embarrassing, when I cover the inside line your not supposed to pass, got it.;)
    Blindman, JonoStan96 and Ad2mny like this.
  17. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

thats one of my favorite moves I think I have done it on Mustafur before, plus I did it last Sunday into turn one lap one, got 2 of them at the same time.
  18. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Enjoyed driving this car, struggled for pace at London, 2.5 secs behind on such short lap :( Still I had a couple of quick battles. Was closer at Brands (only 1 sec off pole, bit still on the back row). I was climbing through the order as others ran off but then caught the spin disease myself and ended up finishing a lap and half behind. Still enjoyed the little car though.:)
    I'll do a table later today and if I can get the results from room 1 I will do one for that as well.
    JonoStan96 and Anon666 like this.
  19. leeboy910

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Room 1 Results
    Race 1:
    Pole and Fastest Lap: MINT_GTR
    1. MINT_GTR
    2. leeboy910
    3. R0T0R-AU86
    4. natmanscoop
    5. COME_AND_GET_ME7
    6. S_CLOSE
    7. BLINDMANRACING
    8. copperj32
    9. PurpleDog
    10. VARDZ31

Race 2:
    Pole and Fastest Lap: MINT_GTR
    1. R0T0R-AU86
    2. BLINDMANRACING
    3. MINT_GTR
    4. leeboy910
    5. COME_AND_GET_ME7
    6. PurpleDog
    7. S_CLOSE (DSC)
    8. copperj32 (DSC)
    9. natmanscoop (DSC)
    10. VARDZ31 (DSC)

A really good race session last night, except for the PD issues!!
    My race one was ok, set a decent lap in qualifying to start P5. Not sure what happened off the start, but I took natmanscoop into turn 1. I think R0T0R and CAGM7 made errors and I was able to move up into P2. I tried to chase MINT down but he was on another level and was gone. I had a couple of moments and half spins where I got stuck on the wall a bit and natman was RIGHT on my tail at one point.
    I managed to hold onto 2nd place which I was pretty happy with as the kerbs around London give me the creeps!!

Race 2 was just an absolute debacle. I think I qualified P6 and then as we were about to start, the whole room just died (as natman so delicately put it, f***ed out LOL) so the race didn't even start!
    After many disconnections and agro, we decided to grid up as best we can and just start the race.
    I got a decent start and was up to P3 behind MINT. R0T0R was out in front and he stayed there in a brilliant display of consistency and speed.
    I had fastest lap until about 4 laps to go when MINT decdied to spoil my fun! I was catching him, then he pulled away a bit...then I pushed too hard and stuck it in the kitty litter in turn 1! A couple more errors towards the end and I was resigned to 4th place.
    Well done to everyone for sticking it out and having some fun which is what this series is all about.
    The banter during race 2 was hilarious and topped off a fun night of racing.
    Looking forward to next week, should be a really good race at Autumn Ring. In reality, any track would be fun in this car!
    MINT_GTR, R0T0R-AU86 and Anon666 like this.
  20. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    Had fun last night in Room 1 despite getting booted as Race 2 was about to start. I think I was 4th for a few laps early on in the race as rotor spun in front of me. Ended up giving that away after I got too much kerb somewhere and ended in the wall. Those bloody kerbs were deadly. Any way I had fun and look forward to next week. Fingers crossed we don't see the same issues