GT6 [COMPLETED] Senna tribute series

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by leeboy910, Jun 4, 2014.

1. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Agree Lee, this car is a good little beastie to drive. The qual thing drove me nuts though. Thought I was a chance at pole in London but during the practice session I couldn't get a clear run, and I nearly threw my toys out the cot. Then the qual started? Oh, we're doing this I thought. Then I did 5 straight laps where I either hit the curb at the lefthander after the back straight or spun on the last corner after having a blue sector. Lucky to get third tbh and just felt it was going to be one of those nights.

Smithy did a phenomenal lap in qual to nab pole, but binned it at turn 1. I was hoping to hold 2nd and was starting to find a groove when I came across N64 stuck behind Col, this could be my night after all I thought. We get to turn 1 and bang, I'm sitting bum first in the barriers staring at a red panda and a collision penalty - I had nearly forgotten how much fun lag punts can be. That dropped me back to 6th or 7th and I must thank all those ahead of me for crashing and allowing me to skulk home in third. Driving angry around this track is not advised, as my lap times will prove.

Went and grabbed a drink between races and had no beers left, and then had to deal with an errant dog during qual - decided the racing Gods were now just taking the p1s$, nearly chucked the towel in and went to bed. Glad I didn't, because apart from the ever-present Cyber, no-one was able to keep their car on the track. Apart from a few little moments at T1 and T3 I managed to keep my nose clean and beat Cyber to the flag.

Looking forward to next week!
  2. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Does everyone want to change the qualifying format to be the same as league races?
    Cyber_STIG_77 and Ad2mny like this.
  3. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Anyone know who GT racing was in the second room. Someone mentioned Grinderman on the forum but i cant see any recent activity from him .??
  4. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    Agreed, great fun little car to drive for sure!

The first was race just terrible for me... Bad start, and bad first corner, getting swallowed up dropping down into 5th... the next few laps just got bad to worse!!! spinning on the last dam corner 3 laps in a row dropping into 9th... After that I picked myself up and managed to push into 3rd.. Happy with the end result... I was also catching LeeBoy at a rate of knots! If I had another 2 or 3 lap I could of been on the tail... But Congrats to MINT, and Leeboy for the 2nd place :)

Second race... OMG.. what the hell happened? Sad we couldn't get the full grid from the first race... After we all deiced to bite the bullet and run I started 5th? I had a great start and was sitting right behind MINT and Leeboy, I had abit of a moment Druids and stupid Grahman hill bend still managed to keep in 3rd.. after 2/3rd lap I was able to pick up my pace and get in a rhythm. Leeboy was putting pressure on MINT, however Leeboy pushed that little too hard and had a spin at the exit of Druids... After I played dodgem cars got past and a lap later MINT touched the sand Clearways and had abit of a spin I was able hold onto the lead untill the end :)

Thanks for the races last night, looking forward to next week :)
    MINT_GTR and leeboy910 like this.
  5. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Yeah Grinderman. Just appeared out of nowhere. Not sure if he's going to commit, think he just wanted a run last night.
  6. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    ok cool, playing under a new account obviously. He was a good clean racer from memory.
    Cyber_STIG_77 likes this.
  7. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    YES!!
    S_CLOSE likes this.
  8. leeboy910

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    LOL, ok, we'll do 'standard' ROOZ qualifying format moving forward!
    Ad2mny likes this.
  9. MINT_GTR

MINT_GTR Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    MINT_Matt
    What a crazy fun car to drive :)

So from the start I new PD servers weren't going to be nice to us. First qually went well, got a PB but was confused coz I couldn't see ROTOR on the list and I was like, that's not right then here from the man himself saying I just got pole over his time :confused: So yep that's right, I couldn't see rotor or natman who started 2nd and 3rd respectively :rolleyes: I crapped myself going into the 1st corner....I didn't here "CRAP MINT you hit me" so I pushed out front and from there consolidated to a solid win :D

I thought this couldn't get any worse until we moved to the 2nd race.....OMFG......couldn't see 3 ppl this time and DSCd after getting pole and transition to the race :mad: I came close to rage quitting at this point but reset and hopped back in the room. With half the field left, we eventually got under away. Great pressure from leeboy at the start had me at full focus until he spun. I was feeling pretty comfortable until I had a brain fart moment and went too hot into the last corner and played sand castles in the beach :oops: Once I towed myself out I was back to 3rd, rotor was far too quick and consistent and was set for a good win :) So with all the banter going on all I could do was push to take the FL of Leeboy, which with enough angry laps I did :p
    What great fun though boys, look forward to next weeks race :)
  10. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

just to put it out there when i got pole i was .250 down going through the first sector on Jono's 51.3 time. got it down to .030 in the second. but the 3rd sector was where it was all happening, still couldn't believe it when it came up i was thinking for sure im going for another lap. but just nailed the 90 deg bends and smashed the lap record for a 50.738.

But all went to :):):):) after that was leading qualy in race 2 til about 3 mins left to go but Anon piped me buy.099, was up but 1 tenth before the last turn but binned it last turn. then the race proceed to follow the same process as race 1.
  11. Blindman

Blindman Team Driver

PSN ID
    BLINDMANRACiNG
    Great races had a ball London went to quick just started to get a rhythm and the race was over .. 2nd race was good as well started mid pack finished 2nd behind rotor was good fun.
  12. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    If you still want to restrict the qually time, you can. After you reset the track, set an automatic race start for fifteen minutes.(any time you want really) The race will still automatically start, but people that get booted still have an opportunity to rejoin before hand. Just a thought.
    SuiCid3 and leeboy910 like this.
  13. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    How do you want to score Room 2, Mint and Rotor had a 1st and 3rd each??
  14. leeboy910

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Hmm...let me think on it!
  15. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    Fastest lap ?
  16. leeboy910

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    I am thinking total race time combined. Fastest overall gets the chockies...I'll get the info from the replays and post here.
  17. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

If based on total race time I believe Mint gets the win as it was a 27s gap in race 1 cant remember race 2 but don't believe it was that big.
  18. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
  19. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
  20. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)