GT6 [COMPLETED] Senna tribute series

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by leeboy910, Jun 4, 2014.

1. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    Had fun last night. Great battle with Jako early on until he spun one too many times, Also swapped positions with natman a few times towards the end. These F3's are awesome fun :D
    JAKO155 and Blindman like this.
  2. vh_mik

vh_mik Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    vh_mik
    Great race last night guys. Didn't think I'd fair to well in this race as in quali i spun every lap except for the last which grabbed me 3rd on the grid. Seeing Anons lap times during practice I though he'd be long gone from the start and my race would be between N64, Dave and Cyber. As the race started, I could see N64 trying to sneak up the inside of Anon into T1 so I thought bugger it, outside line full throttle, hope it holds. Luckily it did and it spat me out in first. I started pulling a margin on N64 and Optimus but started chewing tyres so backed off a little to keep them. Nearly binned it a few times as I was watching N64s name go from second to 6th then back to second. Then N64 was all of a sudden .7 behind, so pulled the finger out, got the margin back to 1.3 when n64 followed me onto the grass. I managed to hold it, he unfortunately lost it so was then able to cruise on home for a win (my first ROOZ win I think). Unlucky to Anon who was the pace setter and should of won besides his early spins, and to the guys who got lagged punted. Was hoping the lag gremlins wouldn't pop up as was looking forward to some battles. Bring on the concrete jungles next week.
    stucar17 and JonoStan96 like this.
  3. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    I had an absolute shocker! I managed to pull a high 1:11 when practicing a week or two ago, couldn't even break into the 12's last night! The thing just felt like it wanted to spin all the time.
    I qualified mid pack, about 4th I think. Got an ok start but then had an off on the first lap and went right to the back. Managed to fight back to about 4th or 5th and then I got a case of the spins! I must've pirouetted a dozen times in the last 10 laps. I'd put together a few decent laps and catch someone up, then throw it all away with a silly spin on a kerb or something.
    Oh well, all in good fun and some good banter to keep things entertaining!
    I'll post the finish results after this. I like the Rome circuit, so hopefully I can get a good result there and Madrid is pretty fun too.
  4. leeboy910

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Room 1 Results
    Pole and Fastest Lap: MINT_GTR
    [​IMG]
    The DNF peeps were over a lap down and were beaten by the timer to finish.
    JAKO155 likes this.
  5. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

Yeah good race Blindman, surprised it took you so long to get the pass done as I was just cruising trying to save the tyres. The car is just so much slower with a controller as the outside front tyre goes red every turn unlike every wheel user I watched who's tyres remained light blue the entire race (Apart from when they lost control). It was obvious to tell who was using a controller (JAKO) as their tyres were on 5's and 6's by race end while wheel users minus the front runners still had 8's or 9's on the front.
    JAKO155 and Blindman like this.
  6. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    Sounds like you need to join the dark side CAGM and get a wheel??? ;)
  7. leeboy910

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    I know someone who has a DFGT for sale ;)
  8. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    I was gonna mention that Leeboy but wasn't sure if I'd read yesterday that someone knew of a taker for it...

I've been quite happy with my DFGT and whilst I'd love to upgrade it's still a huge leap forward from using the controller - and so much more immersive.
    Ad2mny likes this.
  9. leeboy910

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    For sure. My G27 is on its way, should have it next week :)
    The DFGT is a perfect intro wheel though...and the RA dials and buttons are awesome...when the game is working properly and lets you use it online!! :(
    Peter Wise and DoogleDave like this.
  10. COME_AND_GET_ME7

Very, very tempting Lee but international shipping is ridiculous. I think i'll wait till the supported wheels for project cars is announced and get one then.
    Cyber_STIG_77 likes this.
  11. Blindman

Blindman Team Driver

PSN ID
    BLINDMANRACiNG
    I was on with mint after the race last night on Madrid and he used his controller and he was still faster than me
    dont be surprised I'm just a dirty old div 4 driver lol .no after my spin I slowly caught up and joined the freight train and not long after I think it was Natman spun in front of us then I just wanted to sit behind you and watch your lines and gear change positions compared to mine and race close because in the Maca I never really stayed so close to other racers afraid of giving them a tap and reeking there race .so I really enjoyed the race, then got on to Madrid with mint for 5mins and he was faster than me with a controller as well lol.
  12. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Pretty happy with my performance, though the lag was ridiculous on my part. Sorry all.

Anon was a good 4 tenths faster than anyone, which was unbelieveable considering how tight practise was. I guess we got lucky considering how dreadful his first lap was.

I had a good battle with Optimus, getting past him at the spiral bend. I began to catch Mik once Optimus had spin behind me. I think I may have lagged him a few laps later too. :(

There wasn't much between us at all, I should have gotten past him when he went wide, but I followed him in and was lucky to control the car! The battle would be settled when I spun a few laps later.

I was hoping that Doogs (you really love the open wheelers!) and Cyber could hold Anon off so I could take the series lead, but oh well. Congrats Mik!
  13. rick provenzale

rick provenzale New Recruit

Wat time was the race im pissd off not fair the senna series has been a mess if u advertise a start time stick too it
  14. COME_AND_GET_ME7

Read the OP it clearly states room open at 9 qually at 9:15 with race start at 9:30 EST which is what happened.
  15. leeboy910

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Dude, you've been here about 2 minutes and already you're trying to tell us how to run the show? The series has run exactly to plan and schedule.
    As CAGM7 said, the start time was adhered to as per the OP.
    I posted on the shoutbox well in advance that the room was open and everyone else managed to turn up on time to race.
    If you want to race with us, awesome, the more the merrier, but read the forum and be on time.
    KoAStR, SuiCid3 and JonoStan96 like this.
  16. rick provenzale

Dude i understand plz dont get me wrong but the advertised time was 9:00 i work late so uts hard to keep up with the threads. When i looked for the room it didnt show up and no one replied to my msg. So did it start on time? Also rnd 1 was hardly fair the host was :):):):) so who ever wasnt disconected got to race. Not trying to be an arse but yeah
  17. rick provenzale

I saw u boys getting ready so i looked from 8:30 onwards but theroom never showed up so any ideas
  18. leeboy910

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    We've always had issues with PD servers and disconnections, nothing to do with us. The host can make a difference, but in general, PD servers are horrible.
    We started on time in both rooms as far as I am aware.
    You have to make sure the hosts are on your friends list or you won't be able to find the room as we set them to friends only to keep the riff raff out.
    Blindman likes this.
  19. rick provenzale

Who hosted i was sure i had everyone added. The whole server thing is undestandable but couldnt u run the rnd again so its fair?
  20. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Sorry mate, but you ARE being an arse.
    Being new here, you think maybe holding your tongue a little and acting in a more appropriate manner might benefit you a bit.
    Clevohead, KoAStR and Cyber_STIG_77 like this.