Cockpit Show us your Simulator Cockpit setup

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Systems & Troubleshooting' started by KoAStR, Jan 31, 2011.

1. colin-50_

colin-50_ Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    thanks for the comments guys pritty primotive ah
    i am now working on putting a directors chair with an old cabinet that i am modifing
  2. ENFORCER_98

ENFORCER_98 Lead Foot Boffin

PSN ID
    ENFORCER_98
    hey i riggedthis up out of nowhere just 2 old entertainment unit side pieces and a few nails....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

oh and i picked up a set of these for $40 LOL

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and here is what came out my car after 13yrs of service they need replacing

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

here is the sideby side comparison

[​IMG]
  3. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Hey when you get a G25 enforcer? Should have spent the $40 0n a second hand office chair by the looks of it. Look like it be a sturdy enough stand good cheap job.
  4. ENFORCER_98

PSN ID
    ENFORCER_98
    hey it cost me nothing so im happy lol
  5. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

How you liking the wheel? Takes a bit of getting used to but you do get as good as you were with a controler.
  6. ENFORCER_98

PSN ID
    ENFORCER_98
    yer im going alright still 4 secs off the pace lol
  7. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

So my seat broke last night, and I had no clue as to why (at the time). One minute I was upright, the next I wasn't... NOw I just have to work t how toots images from Photostream to the web....
  8. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Just copy the direct link URL and use the post reply in this forum (not the quick post) and click on the Image button and paste the URL in the box that pops up. Upload the images to ya hosting site @ 600 x 800 (i think, correct me if wrong Guys) and they are a good size for viewing when you grab them for a forum post.
  9. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Cheers bonus. Sadly when i sobrrd up today i remembered i have a drop box account :lol:

Will add once I get home on wifi
  10. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    G'day Gents.
    I had a bit of a spending binge yesterday. Ordered the Fanatec Clubsport wheel, and BMW GT2 rim.
    Purchased them direct from the American Fanatec store, I'm having them shipped to Aus through Myus.com

[img=BMW Rim]http://www.fanatec.de/webshop/new_usa/images/thumb_bmw.jpg[/img] [img=Clubsport Base]http://www.fanatec.de/webshop/new_usa/images/thumb_csw.jpg[/img]
  11. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    nice one beau, I've been eyeing one of those off for a while now and will be keen to hear what you think of it once you get it in your hot little hands :)
  12. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
  13. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Yer Beau, its the next thing i buy, how much is it and the cost to get it to ya door. You already got the club sport peddles right? I'd have to get peddles too and wondering if the peddles they offer with this are good enough or do you go for the club sport?
    Be interested in ya review, i haven't heard too many complaints as of yet, just a few button issues but nothing for wheel function.
    I think the Aussie importers of Fanetec stuff are a bit hesitant after past experiences, if its all good we might be able to get the info to Hess and see if he wants to import these wheels.
  14. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    Hey bones.
    The clubsport wheel base costs $450, then you have to buy a rim . Choice of BMW at $180 and Formula rim at $250..
    So far it has cost me $720 ($20 postage to my US address), and then it will cost me somewhere between $150 and $200 to get it to my home here in oz.
    So it's not a cheap option, neither is it a safe one. But I'm taking the risk anyway.
    I was going to buy the Thrustmaster T500 from Pagnian, but unfortunately it could not be sold separately, without the pedals.
  15. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    @beau

Far Out Man!!! thats some serious bickkies! (hope it get here in 1 piece, love the clear case and removeable streering wheel)

You said that the Trustmaster T500RS can't be sold/brought without the pedals...

So i just wonder why you didn't buy it? (you would have had a back-up set of pedals)

Does the CS pedals you have NOW fit the Thrustmaster T500RS?

What CS pedals are they?
  16. Neishy

Neishy Rookie

PSN ID
    NOS_neishy4a-gte
    On pc the pedals and wheel plug in separately, so you can run any combo you want.
  17. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    @ aussie man

I've wanted the CS wheel ever since I found out it was in production.
    I was only ever going to buy the T500 if the price could be Significantly cheaper then the Clubsport. ie, without Pedals.
    Plus there are a few features I dont like with the T500 compared to the CS wheel. Like the static paddle shifters.
  18. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    arhhh ok.
    @beau
    yeah the paddles are a bit weird in my view too.

Static paddles would be a pain in the butt on short shifts mid corner and down shifts on slight curved braking zones.

@neishy
    Wow, i never knew that you can use different gear like that on PC... mix and match and get the of both worlds.
  19. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    These are pictures of my custom G27 pedals, you notice that they are hung upside down, extra space between the Go & Stop..
    you will see in one of the pictures i have taken includes the bottom of the steering wheel to give you idea where i have placed them. Not how short i am :p
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

These pics are when i replaced the floor (18mm MDF) as the old floor let go one night after stumbled into it after a few too many rums with a mate. :lol:
    In the picture that has all the mess, the chipboard that i put in first time around when i welded the simulator was just abit tight.
    So it got a gentle helping hand with a HAMMER :p

The flames you see on each side are 100% custom, (18mm MDF too). i drew the flames for mates speed boat about 7-8years ago as a stencil when i was sign writting.
    I came across them a couple years later when i was moving house. So i thought i'd make some kick boards slash funky fun time night lights to go down under each side of my bed.. :lol:
    The Handbrake seen them the first night i brought her home and her exact words where
    "F F :):):):) WOW what the hell is that for?"
    i replied "it's so the light doesn't get in my eyes while i'm working" :lol:

Anyways i'll shut up and let look at the rest of the pictures now. Hope you like the updated pictures boys...

PS the pis are a bit small, you right click on the first pic and go to OPEN LINK, that should give you a better look at it. (uploaded pics in the wrong size) :/
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  20. mitchellsemiao

mitchellsemiao New Recruit

Next level ultimate cockpit, Thrustmaster t500RS wheel/pedal combo and a Thrustmaster shifter.
    There's also Buttkicker LE under the seat :D (and Rumbles is driving)
    [​IMG]