Division 4 Season 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jul 6, 2014.

1. CPTNPEACH

CPTNPEACH Rookie

PSN ID
    CPTNPEACH
    and i think WTFMAN was meaning there will be bumping due to the number of cars and tight driving lines not connections....
    ryan griffiths likes this.
  2. pykeybraa145

pykeybraa145 Team Driver

PSN ID
    pykeybraa145
    can anybody explain to me how to do this internet stuff?
    Vaughan Healy likes this.
  3. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    Yea not to sure what I have to do also, mine is usually pretty good but I would hate to upset someone
  4. pykeybraa145

pykeybraa145 Team Driver

PSN ID
    pykeybraa145
    same here mate
  5. X-WTF_MAN-X

X-WTF_MAN-X Team Driver

PSN ID
    X-WTF_MAN-X
    Yea I was meaning that CPTNPEACH thank you haha and I'm not sure about that internet thing either. :(
    pykeybraa145 and CPTNPEACH like this.
  6. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    You mean fixing your connection? You need to get in touch with @DekGT5mad he can help you out there.
  7. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
  8. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    Setting a Static IP Address on the Playstation 3
    It is very important to setup a static ip address, if you are going to use port forwarding. When you have port forwarding setup, your router forwards ports to an ip address that you specify. Without setting up a static ip address port forwarding will probably work when you initially set it up, but after restarting your PS3 it may get a different ip address. When this happens the ports will no longer be forwarded to your PS3's ip address. So the port forwarding configuration will not work.

What is an ip address?
    IP addresses are four sets of numbers separated by periods that allow computers to identify each other. Every computer has at least one ip address, and two devices should never have the same ip address. If they do, neither of them will be able to connect to the internet. There is a lot of information at the following link. You don't need all of it. But if you want to know more about how networks work, you'll find it there. For more information on ip addresses, subnets, and gateways go here

Dynamic vs Static IPs Most routers assign dynamic IP addresses by default. They do this because dynamic ip address networks require no configuration. The end user can simply plug their computer or console in, and their network will work. When ip addresses are assigned dynamically, the router is the one that assigns them. Every time a computer or console reboots it asks the router for an ip address. The router then hands it an ip address that has not already been handed out to another computer or console. This is important to note. When you set your PS3 to a static ip address, the router does not know that the PS3 is using that ip address. So the very same ip address may be handed to another computer or console later, and that will prevent both devices from connecting to the internet. So when you asign a static IP addresses, it's important to assign an IP address that will not be handed out to other devices by the dynamic IP address server. The dynamic IP address server is generally refered to as the dhcp server.

Setting up a static ip for your PS3.

[​IMG]

Step 1:
    Turn on your PS3, and then navigate to the Settings option on the main menu.

[​IMG]

Step 2:
    Move down this list to Network Settings. Network Settings should be at the very bottom of the list.

[​IMG]

Step 3:
    After you have selected Network Setting, move to the right and select Settings and Connection Status List in the list that comes up.

[​IMG]

Step 4:
    Write down the IP Address, Subnet Mask, and Default Router displayed here. You will use same Subnet Mask, and Default Router down below. You will change the last octet of the IP Address and enter it below as well. More on how to do that later. Go ahead and go back to the Netowrk Settings menu.

[​IMG]

Step 5:
    After you have selected Network Setting, move to the right and select Internet Connection Settings in the list that comes up.

[​IMG]

Step 6:
    An short message will pop up. Press Ok to move on.

[​IMG]

Step 7:
    Select Custom for the setup method.

[​IMG]

Step 8:
    On the next page select Wired or Wireless connection depending upon how your PS3 is connected to your network.

[​IMG]

Step 9:
    We are going to setup this connection manually so we can forward ports to your PS3. So select Manual Settings.

[​IMG]

Step 10:
    Auto-Detect the speed and duplex settings.

[​IMG]

Step 11:
    We are going select Manual Settings on the IP Address Setting page.

[​IMG]

Step 12:
    Enter the the ip address you want to use for your PS3 into this page. It's important to choose an ip address that not in your router's dhcp range. You can check this by login in to your router and looking at it's dhcp or LAN page. Alternatively you can just pick an ip address that is not close to the ip address we found earlier. For instance if your PS3 was using something like 192.168.0.2, then you would want the new ip address to be something like 192.168.0.200. If your PS3 was using something like 192.168.0.240, then you would want the new ip address to be something like 192.168.0.2. Only the last group of numbers on the ip address should change, and that group of numbers would range from 2 to 254. Please, don't over think this just pick a number and go with it. I have just tried to provide some guidelines here so you can pick a better number.

Enter the Default Gatway and Subnet Mask we wrote down earlier.

You will also have to specify the DNS servers your PS3 will be using. This is usually required when your network's router is not passing the dns server information to the computers that have static ip address properly. First you need to find out what DNS servers your PS3 should be set to. The easiest way to do this is to give your ISP a call. They will probably ask you why you need them. Tell them the truth, your PS3 is requesting them. They should give you two ip addresses, one for the primary dns server and one for the secondary dns server.

[​IMG]

Step 13:
    Select Automatic for the MTU settings.

[​IMG]

Step 14:
    You should almost always select Do Not Use on the Proxy Server page. The only time you need to setup proxy server settings is when you connect through a proxy server. If you were doing that, you would have been given specific instructions from your isp on how to setup this section.

[​IMG]

Step 15:
    Set the UPNP options to Disable. UPNP should be turned off so it doesn't try to use it, instead of your port forwarding configuration.

[​IMG]

Step 16:
    Your PS3's IP Address should be Confirmed. If it is not then you have made an error in setting up the static ip address for your PS3.

[​IMG]

Step 17:
    Your PS3 should save your settings. Select the Test Connection option on this page.

[​IMG]

Step 18:
    All of the tests should pass, except the UPNP test. We previously disabled it. If you have already forwarded ports, you should come back with a NAT Type 2.

Port forwarding you can do yourself by using this link http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/default.htmor just call your ISP and ask them to set it for you based on the posted information.
    This link has a database of tens of thousands of brand/model modem/routers with just as easy to follow instructions with screen shots,including how to log into your router.Obviously i can't post for every model router or the thread would be gigantic & i ain't sitting for months on end doing it! lol If anyone still can't get their head around the port forwarding send me a PM with a phone number to call you and a good time for them.I will call with my number displayed & for mobiles & text enabled landlines send a txt first to give my number back first.:)
    Peter Wise, Clevohead and Stumbles like this.
  9. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    DOING THE ABOVE WILL GIVE YOU NAT2 GIVING YOU THE ABILITY TO ENTER UNFIXED LOBBIES WHICH YOU CANNOT IF YOU ARE NAT3,REMOVING THE NEED FOR A RACE HAVING TO BE RERUN IN THE EVENT OF THE HOST GETTING DSC'D. CURRENTLY I BELIEVE SOME DIVS UNNECESSARILY RUN THIS RISK FOR THOSE WITH ONLY NAT3 WHICH IS NOT FAIR ON THOSE WHO END UP WITH A WORSE RESULT ON A RERUN,WHEN THEY HAVE SORTED THEIR CONNECTION.THIS IS A COMMUNITY SO PLEASE TREAT IT AS SUCH AND DO YOUR BIT BY SPENDING THE 30MINS OR SO TO SETUP YOUR ROUTERS.
  10. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    LMFAO!!!
  11. ryan griffiths

ryan griffiths Rookie

PSN ID
    neemo55
    So if my connction is already nat2 I dont need to change anything?
    With 16 cars on track bumping is inevitable which should make it exciting
  12. Molch

Molch Rookie

PSN ID
    Molch_82
  13. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    ok everyone, had a bit of feedback from the conversations i sent out last week so just wanted to highlight a couple of things as a reminder to everyone, new and old members.....

1. We all want fast clean racing. The last few seasons this has been achieved !
    2. That doesnt mean we pull over to let people through, but if you lose the line for a corner then give it up and continue the fight later in the lap/race.
    3. CONTACT IS TO BE AVOIDED AT ALL COSTS ! Side by side racing is exciting, and some door to door contact can be expected. Using other cars as a 'brake' is not looked on favorably, and you should give the position back if the pass isn't a clean one.
    4. Rear ending people to gain positions WILL RESULT IN A PENALTY if you don't give the position pack. Its pretty simple ! If you have a run in the draft and they defend the inside line, you might have to go round the outside, or set something else up !
    5. You must keep 2 wheels on at least the ripple strip at all times. CORNER CUTTING TO GAIN ADVANTAGE WILL RESULT IN A PENALTY ! One or two mistakes are acceptable, any more can be seen as cheating. A few of the tracks don't penalize for this (Redbull ring is one example) so we will outline any problem tracks before the round.
    6. PLEASE DONT RAGE QUIT. Show some respect for your fellow racers and the league. If you are having a bad night, think of BJ, tends to put things in perspective ! Park it in the pits till the end of the race. Quitting the room could also affect room stability with the full grids.
    7. If there is an issue in a race please dont blow up and abuse anyone. Submit a protest to the room captain and one of the mods. We will sort out any driving infringements behind the scenes.

Please be on time for the race lobby guys (and girl !). We can generally give 10 minutes leeway if you let everyone know, or if there are issues with connections etc. I think if there is no word by 8:30 the race is entitled to start. Remember we have drivers from all over Australia and New Zealand so we need to be mindful of everyone.

Finally, cant stress enough, drive clean.....redress if you need to so the mod team dont get on here Monday morning and have 43 protests because drivers have done the wrong thing;)

Have a great season guys, should be a cracker.

mod team
  14. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Just bought a shiny new Netgear modem/router and will work on settings this afternoon. If I have any troubles I may need to call you tonight if that's ok Dek?
    DekGT5mad and CPTNPEACH like this.
  15. OTS_SPEED

OTS_SPEED New Recruit

gday fellas new to league im been put in div 4 just giving a shout out and good luck to all drivers in season ahead
  16. CPTNPEACH

CPTNPEACH Rookie

PSN ID
    CPTNPEACH
    Welcome OTS. I remember you from bathurst nights many months ago. Good luck and welcome
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  17. pykeybraa145

pykeybraa145 Team Driver

PSN ID
    pykeybraa145
    do i need to port forward?
  18. X-WTF_MAN-X

X-WTF_MAN-X Team Driver

PSN ID
    X-WTF_MAN-X
    Hey stu, is there a rule in how many times a driver can block at one time like in V8 Supercars??
    pykeybraa145 likes this.
  19. CPTNPEACH

CPTNPEACH Rookie

PSN ID
    CPTNPEACH
    between turn 3 & 4 there is a cement pad to the left of the kerb that you have to take if you are going quick to then be able to turn into the first tunnel? Is this legal as the tyres sometimes through that cement pad aren't touching the kerb? Ive seen other drivers doing it but wasn't sure?

Attached Files:

20. pykeybraa145

pykeybraa145 Team Driver

PSN ID
    pykeybraa145
    i just did all that hope it worked (didnt port forward)