Division 5 Season 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jul 6, 2014.

1. scottb721

scottb721 Team Driver

PSN ID
    sooby_scott
    It's never just you T_Vue :)
    JAKO155 likes this.
  2. T_Vue

T_Vue Rookie

PSN ID
    T_Vue
    Lol because I've been having issues with my new ISP as well.
  3. JAKO155

JAKO155 Rookie

PSN ID
    Producer634
    Peter Wise and T_Vue like this.
  4. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    I need the practice so helps me but it still sucks. stupid sony
    T_Vue and CastrosfriendChe like this.
  5. JAKO155

JAKO155 Rookie

PSN ID
    Producer634
    Was schedualed for tomorrow (Maitanence) Those sony bastards can go to hell
  6. CastrosfriendChe

CastrosfriendChe Rookie

PSN ID
    CastrosfriendChe
    we never had this problem with Commodore 64!

I just hope my lack of practice and downright ambivalence towards this bloody track isn't still around come next Sunday.
  7. Smiddy_11

Smiddy_11 New Recruit

PSN ID
    Smiddy_11
    Gee, my PB at trial mountaintop is 1:32.463.... I've gotta find some more time...... I've only done about 30 laps so far. Hopefully Sunday will be my first race
    Peter Wise likes this.
  8. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    @JAKO155 Won't know until sunday arvo if I will be in attendance for round 3... will leave a message on the shoutbox when I know either way
  9. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
    Not racing tonight fellas.
  10. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    I am good to go for tonight
  11. Smiddy_11

Smiddy_11 New Recruit

PSN ID
    Smiddy_11
    Is there room for me guys?
    Looking forward to my first race
  12. CastrosfriendChe

CastrosfriendChe Rookie

PSN ID
    CastrosfriendChe
    Guys, I'm pushin it for tonight. MIGHT be able to get there by 8:10. Possibly 8:20.
    Feel free to do whatever. If I miss the first race can I partake in the second???
  13. Smiddy_11

Smiddy_11 New Recruit

PSN ID
    Smiddy_11
    thanks for a great night of racing guys, First night racing with you guys and i had a ball, got disconnected in qualifying. I think my time was a 1:31.9?? managed to get back in for race 1 and was sitting in 8th on lap 12 after a few spins and got disconnected again! I started the reverse grid from pole and got away well, i think i held off Jacko for about 2 1/2 laps than started a good battle with home brew spent most of the time filling his mirrors! than got a bit wide and spun at turn 13 regathered and i was in 5th for a few laps than did the same thing again. finishing in 7th i think?
    did a PB in the last race though.. 1:31.636!
    thanks for a great race guys looking forward to next week.
    Oblisc, SuiCid3, Peter Wise and 2 others like this.
  14. Oblisc

Oblisc Rookie

Thanks for an eventful 2 races last night guys, was definitely fun racing in the sprint format. Qualifying went fairly well but I knew I would always be chasing my tail with the pace that Jacko had been showing. Qualified in 2nd with a 1.30.1 which I was happy with and the plan for the race was just to get away as quickly as possible and try and somehow stay at pouncing distance to Jacko incase there was a mistake. Im not sure if I got away particularly well or Jacko didnt but I found myself in the lead and pulling away by turn 2. The clean air and a few solid laps saw me push out and hold a 3-4 second lead for the first 7 laps.

As I expected, Jacko uped his pace and on lap 8 was on my tail. He used the slip stream to get a good pass on me and we battled a fair fight for the first 4 corners at high speed with millimeters between us. Ultimately he won out and extended the lead to around 2 seconds. I managed to maintain pace with him until lap 9 where he caught the outside dirt at the exit of the long left hander at the end of the back straight. He fish tailed a couple of times and just when I thought he had saved it he sharply turned into the side of the track. I regained the lead and then went into survival mode. Just concentrated on keeping solid pace and minimizing risk. Not much happened for the last 5 laps or so and claimed the victory albeit it being a little lucky due to Jacko's mistake.

Race 2 the pack was in reverse order and this was the race that I thought I might of had the best chance in. This was not to be.... Jacko got off to one hell of a start and cleared all the way up to around 3rd in a matter of a few laps. I got stuck in some battles mid pack and my lap times were way off the pace consequently. By around lap 8 I was up in 3rd with Homebrew ahead in 2nd and Jacko in the lead by 5 seconds. Homebrew pace was quite good and very consistent so it took a while for me to close into his slipstream and make a pass. Once I reached 2nd I figured this is where I would stay as I didnt see me matching or beating the pace that Jacko was setting. It so happened that the turn that gave me the lucky win in race 1 would be my downfall in race 2. I hit the outer turf on the long left at the end of the back straight and although I almost caught it, Homebrews consistent pace allowed him to regain 2nd. I had about 4 laps left to try and reel him back in but time was the enemy. I did catch back up but hats off to homebrew for an incident free solid paced race that got him the silver-wear.

A good fun night with plenty of battles.
  15. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Results and Lap times anybody
  16. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Will have them posted tonight emmo.
  17. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Thanks mate.
  18. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    @JAKO155 hey buddy the wheel and the car obviously suit you this season...have just had a look at the race time of div 2 and your race 2 time where you had to fight through traffic would have been good enough to finish on the podium for both races .....give him the title now....quick .....lol and we can fight it out for 2nd. congratz on your improvement mate it is truly impressive!!!!
  19. Oblisc

Oblisc Rookie

I plan of giving him a rough time all the way to the finish Vardz.. Guessing you will be there too ;-)
  20. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I'm not looking forward to next season when he brings div 2 pace to div 4 :eek:
    Ad2mny and JAKO155 like this.