Division 5 Season 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jul 6, 2014.

1. T_Vue

T_Vue Rookie

PSN ID
    T_Vue
    JAKO barged through the field in race 2 like a bulldozer on drugs! I stood no chance even though I widened my car.
    Smiddy_11 and Oblisc like this.
  2. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    @VARDZ my qualiy time was 1:32:032. I will do a bit of a race report later
  3. T_Vue

T_Vue Rookie

PSN ID
    T_Vue
    @VARDZ, my qualifying time was a lowly 1.33.354. Will post pics and a statement later.
  4. T_Vue

T_Vue Rookie

PSN ID
    T_Vue
  5. T_Vue

T_Vue Rookie

PSN ID
    T_Vue
  6. Smiddy_11

Smiddy_11 New Recruit

PSN ID
    Smiddy_11
    Great photos T_Vue
    T_Vue and Peter Wise like this.
  7. T_Vue

T_Vue Rookie

PSN ID
    T_Vue
    Thanks @Smiddy_11.
  8. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    Round 3 saw me qually 4th with a 1.31.648. Was a pretty uneventful race slotting in at 4 from the start and closely following Vardz until a spin on lap 5 put me back to 5th behind Copperj until I caught and passed him after he ran wide at the hairpin on lap 8. Back in to 4th and from lap 10 I started to pick up Vardz considerably every lap but ran out of laps to finish some way back in 4th.
    The second race was much more challenging. Starting from 8 I knew the really fast guys would be storming from the rear and took it very steady early on so as not to get caught up in any incidents. By the start of end of lap 1 I was last except for Vardz following Ostey in 9th. I noticed Sooby dropping down the order from 2nd into last place at turn 4 then almost imediately Ostey caught the wall and Vardz and I drove by. Vardz was looking very racy and not wanting to get into a battle with him and slow us both up decided early on not to fight over positions with him, so when he poked his nose down the inside into the hairpin I open the wheel to give him plenty of room. Time enough it fight for position with him later on. Unfortunately for him he took a very tight line and bogged down so was never going to make the move stick. He gave it another go into turn 4 and got by. We then set of after Castro who was a fair way ahead. Lap 4 it was Coppers turn to drop from 5th to 9th due to a spin, we were still closing on Castro. We caught him end of lap 6 and Vardz had a good look up the inside to make the pass stick down the straight, I wasn't far behind so followed him through making the pass into the hairpin. Up ahead Oblisc and T Vue relegated Smiddy from 3rd back to 5th and was now our next target. On lap 10 I decided to make my move on Vardz as he had had a couple of moments and passed him down the straight after he hit the wall. My tyres were still really good from all the drafting I did behind Vards so had heaps to fight with. I didn't need to worry about Smiddy as he spun at the corner at the bottom of the mountain. I was now in 5th and T Vue just ahead on lap 12. I closed on him and slipstreamed passed him on the straight into 4th on lap 13, Vards also went by him.Once I got there I thought as my front right was only down to 8 and their tyres would be much worse than mine I would cruise to the line. Wrong. Vards got under me into turn 4 when I ran a little wide and we bumped slowing us both, then T Vue got us both at the next corner and I retook Vards as I had the inside line. T Vue then drove the tightest line into the hairpin I have ever seen, I tried to go wide but he held me up mid corner, then a bad line choice to the outside coming down the mountain trying to overtake him again completely left the door open for Vards. Bugger, back to 6th. A fair bit of over confidence cost me big time. Still, was an awesome last couple of laps guys. Well done everyone.
    Congrats to Jako, Oblisc, Vards and Homebrew on your podiums was a great race.
    Smiddy_11 and T_Vue like this.
  9. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Just watching the replay of race 2 to get lap times and results and vue you are right about @JAKO155 being a bulldozer on drugs. 2 of the passes jako made you had to ghost to complete them and your pass on sooby ruined his race...its great to have extra pace buddy and yo would be enjoying being up the front but you seem to be making a habit of it.
    SuiCid3, Smiddy_11 and T_Vue like this.
  10. T_Vue

T_Vue Rookie

PSN ID
    T_Vue
    Great racing last night, everyone.
    I wasn't looking forward to it because it's Trial Mountain (probably one of my weakest tracks). But I thoroughly enjoyed both races—super clean despite the heavy traffic from close nose-to-tail and door-to-door battles.

Had some great back and forth with @VARDZ and @Kart-No-1 in race two in the dying 2–3 laps. What a finish, right up until the line (less than one tenth)—likewise, I almost caught @Peter Wise at the end in race 1.

Time to practise for Brands Hatch!
    Smiddy_11 and Peter Wise like this.
  11. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    @emmo46
    RACE 1 : FINISHING ORDER AND F.L.'S
    OBLISC 1'31"086
    JAKO155 1'30"434 Fastest Lap & Pole.
    VARDZ31 1'31"611
    KART NO-1 1'31"757
    COPPERJ32 1'32"640
    T_VUE 1'32"716
    CASTROSFRIENDCHE 1'32"910
    SOOBY-SCOTT 1'31"973
    OSTEY 1'34"046
    SMIDDY-11 DSC'D 1'31"936
    MMM-HOMEBREW 1'33"350
  12. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    @emmo46
    RACE 2
    FINISHING ORDER AND F.L.'S
    JAKO 1'31"039 Fastest Lap
    HOMEBREW 1'31"672
    OBLISC1'31"116
    T-VUE 1'32"502
    VARDZ 1'31"689
    KART 1'32"364
    SMIDDY 1'31"615
    CASTRO 1'32"848
    SOOBY 1'32"298
    COPPER 1'31"989
    OSTEY 1'33"171
    mmm_homebrew likes this.
  13. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Hey, I'm getting better, my time was right up there among the div 5 guys this week:rolleyes:
    Ad2mny, SuiCid3, T_Vue and 1 other person like this.
  14. JAKO155

JAKO155 Rookie

PSN ID
    Producer634
    Race one i was going in confident with a nice 1:30.501 for pole.
    Got a slow start and trying to get pass Oblisc, I did end up passing him but a mistake at lap 9 cost me big time because i lost 10 seconds oif time.

Race 2 was interesting because if the reverse order. I did manage to get up to fifth by lap 3. But I realised on replay i went ghost to pass them, I didnt even realise until i noticed them behind me. Sorry about nudging you to sooby. Would've been avoided if my connection was a little better (car bouncing around)
    Congrats to everybody and cyas another day
  15. JAKO155

JAKO155 Rookie

PSN ID
    Producer634
    Yes Vardz I just saw the replay an it seemed like his car was bouncing around (I think it's maybe his Internet connection?) but I'm not sure. I would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused and i vow to race clean and fast on Brands Hatch :)
    Blindman likes this.
  16. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    You can come and race with me at the back of the pack @ emmo46 lol
  17. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Try and keep it a little cleaner @JAKO155
    Remember what happened last time ;)
    JAKO155 likes this.
  18. scottb721

scottb721 Team Driver

PSN ID
    sooby_scott
    I got a nice photo of the rear quarter love tap lol
    Climbed back up 2 places so wasn't all lost. Had some great racing in the first stint until I turned it around in the tunnel. My pace wasn't as bad as I'd feared thankfully.
    VARDZ likes this.
  19. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  20. scottb721

scottb721 Team Driver

PSN ID
    sooby_scott
    Going to be away in Brissy for Rd5 too :-(
    Might have to flatpack my GTPro lol

Question - what wheels are everyone using ? Just curious.