Division 5 Season 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jul 6, 2014.

1. CastrosfriendChe

CastrosfriendChe Rookie

PSN ID
    CastrosfriendChe
    Oh man just realised I'm going into the city next Sunday night for a gig. I think last season it was Springsteen, this time it's Dylan. Oh well there's my dropped round sorted. Wait isn't it fathers day? I swear last season one round was delayed because of mothers day. Come on boys, go take your dad go karting :)
    mmm_homebrew likes this.
  2. Oblisc

Oblisc Rookie

For what its worth Jako your battles with my have been clean and fair. Unfortunately peoples connections can make it hard sometimes.
  3. T_Vue

T_Vue Rookie

PSN ID
    T_Vue
    Just controller for me at the moment. Stuck in tiny study room.
  4. mmm_homebrew

mmm_homebrew harry

PSN ID
    mmm_homebrew or GT_BANDIT_POPS
    What a night, i had no pace going into 1st race, felt like the handbrake was on. had a little touch in a delicate spot and spun very early in race 1. (gr8 photos t_Vue) thx for waiting castro, not sure if i didnt do something wrong. then backed it into the fence the next lap. about 2 laps later all went still then a msg from sony "dropped from server due to data loss." .... I wont mention what i said. Decided to change to spare ps3 and try for second race. because of disconnect i was up the front and managed to start clean. Jacko made an awesome pass on me early in the race, then jumped one more to claim first and just ran away. i havent watched the replay yet but i will. Oblisc came through next but unfortunately had a spin and i grabbed my spot back. claiming 2nd was a great boost to my confidence and i think i figured out what i done wrong ....i forgot to crash!, nevermind, i'll remedy that next week!
    SuiCid3, T_Vue and Peter Wise like this.
  5. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    Qualified 5th for the race which I was happy with considering the pace that Jako and oblisc we doing in the warm up.
    Got a decent start and was rubbing a bit of paint with kart through the first couple of corners but he managed to get a bit of a gap on me.
    On Lap 5 kart put the power down too early on the exit at the first tunnel and put it in the wall gifting me 4th position, By the start of lap 8 he was back on my tail and by the end of thr back straight he made his move and reclaimed 4th.
    Lap 9 saw sooby scott trying to nudge me out of 5th but I manage to hold him off and claw my way back onto kart's bumper but I just couldn't get my lines right through last few corners and he pulled away again.
    At the start of lap 13 T_Vue was only 1.4 seconds behind and closing. Start of lap 14 saw him right on my bumper so I new I had to try and and stick to my lines and make my car as wide as i possibly could. He didn't quite get the draft down the back straight and i managed to hold him off and cross the line 0.082 in front of T_Vue.
    That was awesome, Thanks T:D
    Congrats to the Podium, Well deserved

Race 2 and I started 7th in the reverse grid, Got away reasonably well again but not as good as jako, he was up into 5th after the first tunnel :eek:. I managed to grab a spot on the first lap as was up into 6th. lap 2 saw Sooby run wide coming up to the first tunnel and get a bit to much grass and had a massive spin shunting him back to last. Lap 2 and and i tried a move on the inside of t_vue at the end of the back straight but couldn't make it stick, had a good run out of that corner and nearly nudged him of the track at the next right hander (sorry t), Thankfully he managed to hold it. I managed to get underneath him in the hairpin and claim 4th.
    I started catching homebrew but mucked up the turn at the hairpin on lap 3 letting oblisc through, heading into the 1st tunnel on lap 4 saw me take too much inside kerb and i became a spinning top. By the time I got going again I was back in 9th.
    Put my head down and slowly started catching up to casto, By lap 11 I was .572 seconds behind and closing, I managed to give him a bit of a tap coming into the first tunnel which upset his car so I slowed and let him reclaim the position and started the chase all over again.
    I ran wide at the right hander after the 1st tunnel and put a wheel in the grass sending me off in a spin again. Managed to get it straightened up before ostey caught up to me. This put me in 10th and managed to stay here until the finish.
    Well done to the podium,
    congrats to homebrew taking 2nd :D. first podium finish??
    T_Vue and Blindman like this.
  6. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    Here's our photo finish from race 1 @T_Vue
    [​IMG]
    Ad2mny, Oblisc, SuiCid3 and 2 others like this.
  7. T_Vue

T_Vue Rookie

PSN ID
    T_Vue
    Well done on the podium finish mate.
    Hope there's more to come.
  8. T_Vue

T_Vue Rookie

PSN ID
    T_Vue
    Great shot there.
    What a heart pounding finish. I thought I'd try to slingshot past you down the straight before final chicane, but was too little too late and didn't wanna risk both our races by lunging.
    Good defending as well.
    Peter Wise likes this.
  9. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    Yea I really enjoyed that battle. I thought you had once i had stuffed up that turn at the hairpin
    Blindman and T_Vue like this.
  10. Smiddy_11

Smiddy_11 New Recruit

PSN ID
    Smiddy_11
    DS3 controller, was going to get a DFGT but no point now with the PS4 issuesissues
    T_Vue likes this.
  11. Oblisc

Oblisc Rookie

That is a cracker finish! Gotta be one of the closest so far in any div! Wasnt there a 3rd car really close in that battle too?
  12. CastrosfriendChe

CastrosfriendChe Rookie

PSN ID
    CastrosfriendChe
    Yeah there was a third car...I guess it was in the other race?

My night was ehhhhh and more ehhhhh. Got home just in time for QF.

Starting back of the pack somewhere, 8th maybe.
    Entering the first tunnel on the first lap there was no space out wide so went in on the inside. Was going to move to the outside of the track on the exit but Homebrew, who I guess had taken the more common racing line, was cutting into the inside of the corner. My fault, I should've conceded that spot and eased off the accelarator and stuck to the inside of the corner. Instead I tap Homebrew as my car drifted outwards and yep, our race was over. At first I was hopeful you'd regain control straight away, but then came the over correction and on top of that I was slow to start back up when you eventually took off. Oh well, I'll try and learn from that experience, really not a fan of taking someone out, especially at the start of a race like that.

Second race, I think I was starting in 7th spot. Had no pace. Going back to QF I noticed that I was losing time mainly on the middle to back sectors. I probably started to find some time, but I don't recall tailing anyone all that closely, which would've given me some tips to setting a better pace. That's right though, Vardz and Kart were following me for a bit, not all that close to start with, and yes I was hoping they'd slow each other down, but Kart had the right idea. So I was eventually caught. When that's the highlight of your race, you know you ain't doin something right! lol

Congrats again to podiums.

Bring on Apricot Hill! That's right people. I've got just under 2 weeks to practice this one :)
    T_Vue likes this.
  13. T_Vue

T_Vue Rookie

PSN ID
    T_Vue
    Yeah, second race saw me, VARDZ and Kart battling for 4th....all finished within 0.5 secs (I think) of each other. The last 2 laps had us 3 swapping places multiple times.
    Smiddy_11 likes this.
  14. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    What with going away this weekend, only today and tomorrow to practice, I am thinking I will be waaaayyyy off the pace this Sunday. Still, I might be lucky enough to be still on the road come race time and spare myself the pain of racing on this horrible track.
  15. Blindman

Blindman Team Driver

PSN ID
    BLINDMANRACiNG
    Suck it up princess !!!!,!,
    Kart-No-1 and Peter Wise like this.
  16. Oblisc

Oblisc Rookie

Anyone started practicing at Brands Hatch? I jumped on last night and consistency on this track is going to be hard! Anyone have any benchmark times??
  17. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
    I'm sure you can beat a 1:35
  18. Oblisc

Oblisc Rookie

I have only run for around 30 mins and found it tough. My best was a 132.9. Heaps of time to be made up but I think its going to be a tough track to link up consistently.
  19. Smiddy_11

Smiddy_11 New Recruit

PSN ID
    Smiddy_11
    1:32.8 is my fastest doing constant 1:33.3-1:33.5's over the race distance.
    its very hard to find a consistent line through Paddock hill bend (turn 1) and Surtees (turn 4)
    ive seen Div 1 guys in low 31's and high 30's.... dont know how they do it!
  20. Oblisc

Oblisc Rookie

That is good pace Smiddy. Im aiming at getting into the 1.31.xxx but I know its going to be hard!