Division 5 Season 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jul 6, 2014.

1. T_Vue

T_Vue Rookie

PSN ID
    T_Vue
    Hey guys.
    Can't make it again tonight, sorry.

If I don't see u next week, may see u in S4.
  2. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    Thats a shame vue. Hope to see u next week and in season 4
    T_Vue likes this.
  3. scottb721

scottb721 Team Driver

PSN ID
    sooby_scott
    I'm going to miss tonight, sorry guys.
  4. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    I will be there in about 20 mins
  5. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    Only 5 lined up on the grid. Well done vardz on your first win. Bad luck oblisc on the dsc as you had the race in the bag
  6. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    1. I'll be away for 2 weeks, room captians please post results and times in the threads or PM me, I'll get lap table and champ tables back up to date when I get back.
  7. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Round 6 results @Hatfield @emmo46
    1ST VARDZ 1'43'432
    2ND COPPERJ32 1'43'148
    3RD HOMEBREW 143'500
    4TH CASTRO 1'43'995
    5TH DSC OBLISC 1'41'905 FASTEST LAP & POLE
  8. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Thanx
  9. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  10. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    WOW .... My first Sunday League win!! I know that the dominate competitors all season in Jako who was a DNS and Oblisc who was unfortunately DSC but I will take it. Found a great rhythm early and it was probably after my first stop and just after Oblisc DSC'd that I made my first big error...Probably the shock of leading the race. This reduced the lead over copper that I had built up to only a few seconds but I tried to block it out and concentrate. It was when I suddenly saw that very pretty blue timer pop up +16.xxx sec that I thought that I could relax a little. not sure of the exact margin but I know it was the length of the back straight on the final lap. The one thing that I have wanted to do is drive under the flying chequered flag with my lights flashing....:whistling::whistling::whistling:. Not looking forward to the last round at all as I just have not spent any time on it at all. See how we go.
  11. JAKO155

JAKO155 Rookie

PSN ID
    Producer634
    Hey guys sorry I couldn't make it sunday, I fell victim to the 500mb update :(
    Oblisc likes this.
  12. CastrosfriendChe

CastrosfriendChe Rookie

PSN ID
    CastrosfriendChe
    Going into the race with next to no experience of the track itself was, to put it mildly, a bloody stupid thing to do. I felt like it'd take a few laps to get into the flow of things and by then I'd have lost a few crucial seconds. That race was also the smallest turnout after being with Rooz for 3 seasons so far...which made me laugh...best chance to get a podium...yet still so highly unlikely lol. The first tight corner was a stumbling block, never could approach that one with authority. Whether it was Copper or Homebrew chasing me down...I could see their gain every time I got through that corner.

I should say, not sure if it was a bug for me alone, or if that was the current 'normal' but in the race I could not see how many laps we had to race, only the amount of laps i had completed! And because I was winging it, I had no idea about how to pace myself for pits/tyre wear etc. It was really frustrating!

With no pit strat. I decided to use the leader as my marker give or take a lap or two. When Oblisc disconnected, I actually thought a podium was more than achievable with only four of us left. I found myself in second position behind Vardz, who had a healthy gap. I couldn't see him.

Then it all went to crap.

I went to pits for the second time and instead of stopping, it became a drive-through. Yet to watch replay, but thinking my speed was too high on the entry point? I think I was able to make it right of the hat...but either way, with little to no petrol I had to pit on the next lap which just killed my chances. It did give me a chance to see how many laps we were aiming for though lol.

Copper passed by, so now I'm in third, Homebrew was right behind me with what felt like the pressure of a big Tonka truck behind me, I went in too hard to a corner and hit the sand. If we don't think about how many people were on the track, 4th sounds pretty damn good. The end o_O

I guess I should say congrats to the podium (and Vardz on your first Sunday league win), or put another way, EVERYONE bar me lol :)
    mmm_homebrew and Peter Wise like this.
  13. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    @CastrosfriendChe I really thought for a while that we would have 2 ROOZ racing team members on the podium but not to be.... I have found the team practice sessions invaluable castro...we have the 7 times ROOZ Div 1 champion and the best "racer" as our team captain IMO that is more than willing to assist us @warrior2167. I know not everyone can get on during the week but we do short races and save replays on a Wednesday night around 8.30.... you will be surprised at how much time you find after just watching the aliens in action.
  14. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    Had very little practice coming into the race at RBR. With only 5 tranporters getting their race steeds to the track and jako being a no show (got caught at the weighbridge as his system wasnt up to spec) I though I could be in with a chance of a podium. Ended up qualifying 3rd behind oblisc 1st and vardz 2nd.

Got a good start and managed to get past vardz into 2nd at the 3rd corner on the first lap but coming into the last corner ran wide onto the green stuff and went from second to last place. Start of the 2nd lap and castro ran wide at turn one allowing me to catch him and dive up the inside on turn 2 toget back into 4th. The chase was on to catch homebrew, I managed to get on his bumper on lap 3 at turn 2 and make the pass at turn 3. Vardz had about a 4 second gap on me which I was trying to reduce but didn't succeed.

I made my first stop on lap 8 moving me back to 5th, but with everyone still to stop I knew I would move back up again. Lap 10 saw Oblisc pit and then get disconnected form the lead (Bad Luck Mate :(). Bt lap 11 the first round of stops were finished and I was in 2nd behind vardz with castro 3rd and homebrew 4th.

Vardz had a fairly healthy lead on me so I just tried to get in a rhythm and maintain my position. but on lap 12 at turn 2 I got too much of the green stuff and put it into the fence and dropping back to 3rd and homebrew right on my bumper. but he made a slight mistake at turn 4 and went to play in the sand pit.

By lap 17 I could smell castros exhaust fumes and I wanted P2 back so I kept the pressure on him and it worked with him making a mistake at turn 1 on lap 18. I ran wide at the last turn on lap 18 and castro took P2 back. I knew I had to pit again so I stayed behind castro and pitted on lap 19.

Came out in 4th but with castro and homebrew still to pit I was in with a shot for P2 on the podium. Castro pitted on lap 20 but copped a drive through as he didn't get it into the pit lane entry quite right. The last 6 laps was just trying to keep the mazda on track and stay in P2 which thankfully i did.
    Congrats to Vardz on your first win and homebrew for taking 3rd. Bad luck to castro on the drive through as I reckon we would of had a good battle for P2.

Happy I was able to score some good points for my team and help retain the Team championship lead:D as I have not had much success this season.

Onto the Nurb and hopefully I can get another good result there
    mmm_homebrew and VARDZ like this.
  15. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Lads the go for tonights race, in particular qual is this:
    If it's stable do a 1 lap qual run using the qual option. If it's dodgy psn for the room maybe set up the grid based on champ positions.
  16. CastrosfriendChe

CastrosfriendChe Rookie

PSN ID
    CastrosfriendChe
    Guys, really under the pump tonight...gonna try and get home by 8:30. Really keen to race, but if holding everyone up for too long (by whatever time you guys think is a good cutoff) I'll just jump on and watch.
  17. mmm_homebrew

mmm_homebrew harry

PSN ID
    mmm_homebrew or GT_BANDIT_POPS
    Wow, what a race, my first real fair dinkum podium!! Qualified in p2 which surprised me, lost a spot in the first corner to Vardz (good pass m8) then tried really hard to psych him out by sitting on his bumper for about half a lap, seen he had an unfortunate slide into a fence and I regained p2. Wasn't long before I fell off and Copper managed to grab the spot with a nice smooth pass as I was scrambling back on track. Had some very good racing with Copper for quite a while till I had a brain melt and binned it about 3 times on lap 2. that let Kart catch up and pass. Managed to re-take 3rd on the long straight. Kart kept some pressure on for a while but must have had a moment which let me get away again on lap 3. Started to reel in Copper but the melting brain struck again and I had to have 2 goes at backing off the fence, I think Kart passed me again while I was doing the gardening. Start of lap 4 i passed both Copper and Kart while they had a pit, I wanted to try to make a break without traffic. I managed to knuckle down and put in a fairly clean lap (my fastest, which included the run into the pit). Copper passed me in the pits for the start of lap 5 and it took until about sector 13 till I managed to squeeze past in a rather tight set of bends (thanks for giving me that six inches of track m8, hope it didn't put you off) i managed to make the pass stick to nail down 2nd spot on the podium. Woo Hoo!!! ..I have really enjoyed this car and the close racing with so many of you guys this season, thanks. Well done to Oblisc for running away with it again, really bad luck to Vardz for the pain of a power outage just after he crossed the finish line in 5th place. I watched the replay and you disconnected 10.874 seconds after you crossed on your fastest lap but it didn't record you as completed. Bad luck also to Jacko for more connection problems
    Oblisc Qual 9:31.715 Fastest Lap 9:29.616 Finish time 1st 48:22.093
    mmm_homebrew Q 9:42.001 FL 9:36.190 Finish time 2nd 49:22.944
    Vardz31 Q 9:44.817 FL 9:46.509 Finish time 5th 50:13.317
    Copperj32 Q 9:46.307 FL 9:35.106 Finish time 3rd 49:25.583
    Kart_No_1 Q 9:47.131 FL 9:44.821 Finish time 4th 49:56319
    CastrosfriendChe Q 10:02.233 FL 9:53.308 Finish time 6th 50:47.280
    Sooby_Scott Q 10:10.384 FL 10:38.538 Finish time 7th -----
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2014
  18. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  19. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    As Homebrew said....Wow What a race!....Good a good start from 4th and was right on homebrew's bumber who was pressuring vardz in 2nd. With lack of passing opportunities and all sticking to their racing lines I sat back a little waiting for vardz or homebrew to make a mistake and it happened about half way into the first lap with vardz spearing into the fence allowing homebrew and myself to charge on through. Soon after homebrew had a moment and I managed to slip passed for P2.
    Homebrew was keeping the pressure on and then I saw him in my mirror have a head on with a fence just after the start of lap 2. That gave me some breathing space so I just tried to stay consistent as Oblisic was slowly getting further away.
    By lap 3 I had had a few crashes and I could see kart not far behind so I pitted at the end of lap 3 with kart in tow but homebrew wizzed past trying for the undercut. I kept a gap back to kart and coming up to start lap 5 homebrew was just coming out of the pits as hit the first turn. I tried to ignore the fact that hombrew was right there waiting to pounce at the slightest mistake but alas it all became to much and about 3/4 of the last lap done I got a bit sideways and slowed enough to let homebrew get a run on me and away he went and I couldn't reel him in.
    Well done to Oblisc for the win (and Championship I believe :thumbsup:) and homebrew on taking 2nd.
    I really enjoyed the close racing I had with homebrew and vardz on that first lap (it was intense) and with homebrew on that last lap.
    Thanks for the racing fellas and hope to see you all in Season 4 :D
    mmm_homebrew and Kart-No-1 like this.
  20. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Officially, well done oblisc for the championship win.
    Also to VARDZ and Jako for the podium spots.

Hope you enjoyed the season and we see you back for season 4