Division 3 Season 4

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Oct 4, 2014.

1. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Good race guys, I was way off pace this week with no practice so just trying to stay out of everyone's way.
  2. SPL Racing

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    I only did a 1 stopper and finished on mediums but it says softs on the replay list
  3. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Yeah, I think there is still a replay bug.
  4. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Yeah, I changed to mediums. The glitch is still an issue, makes it hard to police, can send a screenshot from my replay if you want.
  5. garyw61

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    nah, just forgot about the glitch when i asked the question.
  6. aussief1

aussief1 Rookie

PSN ID
    aussief1
    Same here :)
  7. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Came in 2nd, which was a great result considering I had an off during the first few laps. Aussie was fast and consistent, got pole an brought her home.
    Had a great battle with Gary for third place and managed to overtake him, thanks to a small mistake on his part on the last turn, where he lost traction after oversteering.
    Had a close call in the lap before last while running second, where my screen went all black and thought I got disconnected, lasted a couple of secs but enough to lose the advantage I had on Blindman (braking reflex :p), so had to become real fat in the last lap to save my second position.
    Silverstone will be hard, don't know the track and will have to learn it real fast.
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2014
    garyw61 likes this.
  8. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Well, not the most fun night for me. I had got down to mid 30's during practice the other night, but couldn't get there in the warm up before the race. Managed a 30.883 in qually which was only good enough for 6th on the grid.
    Then, the crap started. Seemed to take forever for the race to load, and when it did, there were spots vacant on the grid in front of me yet I could see all 5 cars in front of me?? Joe was behind me, so didn't notice he'd dropped out. As the race started, I had no gauges, or lap counter, so was driving by sound. When I got a chance, I was going to pause and un pause the game, but it was pretty busy those first few laps.
    Blindman had an off, so I was up to 5th, and as I was chasing Gary, I seemed to have more pace so my teammate let me through to. 4th. Then Serg had his drama out of turn 4 so I was up to 3rd and gaining on Seth. As I got closer, noticed a bit of lag so braced myself for some interesting times, then he disappeared. I was up to 2nd and was getting ready to pause/un pause my game (to get my screen back to normal) coming to a slow corner when there was a massive clap of thunder and everything went black.... For all of about 3 seconds. I let out a few expletives (my wife wasn't impressed, she said, "it's only a game"... she doesn't get it, lol).

Well done to Aussie, (pole time of 1:30.325) too quick, and well done Serg and blindman after off track runs. Congrats Gary for flying the Pagnian race team flag.
  9. pykeybraa145

pykeybraa145 Team Driver

PSN ID
    pykeybraa145
    lol fastest in the first 2 sectors I decided to do a burnout across the line to shred my tyres, great race everyone
  10. aussief1

aussief1 Rookie

PSN ID
    aussief1
    Fantastic night for me.

Managed a half decent qualy lap which I thought was lucky to secure me pole. Was aiming for a 30 flat which I managed in the warm up before the qualy session.

I got a good start, was very cautious in the first couple of laps whilst I found my rhythm. I settled into a comfortable pace were I felt I could conserve the tyres, as I had settled on a one stopper. I was able to build a good gap to the raging battle in second between Seeeeeth, stumbles and S_CLOSE Stretched out 19 laps on the SM tyres before just a short 10 lap stint on the slower SM tyres. I was around dominator and Moloch who let me through or sat behind which was pure class on their behalf as they had their own race they were in the middle of. I hope their respect of my position didn't hamper their true race pace. From there I was just focussing on making no errors as the laps ticked down.

I've always felt very comfortable around Laguna and able to leave a margin for error. Very happy to score my first win against so many quality drivers. Throughly enjoyed the race.
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2014
    SPL Racing, Blindman and S_CLOSE like this.
  11. Blindman

Blindman Team Driver

PSN ID
    BLINDMANRACiNG
    Sorry captain could of been a 1 2 finish if I knew Aussie was there I couldn't see him at all got a good start thought I was leading so just tried to keep in front of Close made a couple of little mistakes during the race which resulted in me dropping back to 8th then put my head down to get back to the front or so I thought .pitted got back to the front and slowly pulled about. 21 sec lead except for Aussie who I couldn't see. I pitted for mediums for the last stint and thought I would pull in Gary and Close easily but took a couple of laps past Gary then went after Close picked him up on the 2nd last corner a little tap coming out of the corner slowed my momemtum for a run to the last corner to try and past Close but he coverd the inside line so I tried the out side got along side turned in hit the gas and spun it up side ways and close got a better run to the line . Really enjoyed the racing with every one was good fun but would of been nice to see aussie . Looks like it is going to be a tight season !:cool:
  12. aussief1

aussief1 Rookie

PSN ID
    aussief1
    Strange we cannot see each other BLINDMAN. Any suggestions for a fix????
  13. SPL Racing

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Maybe you could both go to div 2 and give the rest of us a chance ;) That might fix it. The only time I saw you guys was when you lapped me :cry:
  14. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  15. Blindman

Blindman Team Driver

PSN ID
    BLINDMANRACiNG
    Don't know Aussie will have to let some of the other guys no who are smarter than me to come up with a plan
  16. Blindman

Blindman Team Driver

PSN ID
    BLINDMANRACiNG
    Hahaha I had the same problem last season would of loved to go back to div 4 just couldn't get to grips with the mx5 .but I am enjoying driving the channel 9 Camaro even though it is a beast
    SPL Racing likes this.
  17. garyw61

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    This is my routine every Sunday night before a race guys:
    1. Reboot router (disconnect from power completely for at least 10 seconds)
    2. Reboot PS3 (also disconnect from power completely for at least 10 seconds).
    3. Start up GT6 and clear cache.
    4. Try and find Serge to let him know I am about to open the room!

If everyone could do steps 1 to 3 next Sunday, we can see if this improves things.
  18. dominator94

dominator94 New Recruit

PSN ID
    dominator_12_94
    i think i pitted 3 times lol i pitted with 3 laps to go for fuel haha
  19. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    @garyw61 did you manage to grab fast laps for us unfortunate buggers? I think I got a 31.0 but not positive, was trying to drive with no gauges so didn't really look at times, lol
  20. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    I will be "booting" my ps3 out the window if it does it again!!
    garyw61 likes this.