GT6 [COMPLETED] Season 11-17 Throwback World Domination

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by JonoStan96, Sep 29, 2014.

1. Alfa5252

Alfa5252 New Recruit

PSN ID
    Alfa5252
    Once again sorry N64 for some reason i thought i was further ahead and wouldn't have clipped you.:oops:
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  2. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    It's all good mate, :):):):) happens in racing :)
    TDZdave likes this.
  3. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    OK, but I'm innocent I tell ya.
    Ad2mny likes this.
  4. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Race 1: FL Rotor[​IMG]
    Race 2: FL MINT[​IMG]

Race 3: FL: Beau Albert[​IMG]
    TDZdave likes this.
  5. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    lol
    TDZdave likes this.
  6. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    @N64TheStig007 do you have the lap times, I'm going to do a combined lap time board like the one I do for the ROOZ championship seasons.
    JonoStan96 and flashfirst like this.
  7. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    Did I get FL in race 3?
  8. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    I'll get on that mate.

@R0T0R-AU86 No, I believe Beau did, but I'll double check if you did a faster time on the final lap.
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2014
    TDZdave likes this.
  9. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

Yeah you were the only one to do a 45 I believe. I came close with a 46 but caught the gravel out of the final chicane on the last lap.
    Edit: Just remembered I couldn't see Beau that race.
  10. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Yes rotor got fl in rd 3
  11. chrystalmighty

chrystalmighty Rookie

PSN ID
    ChrystalmIT
    Crap! Just realised I didn't save replay of R2, anyone got it? Can give laptimes?
    And to whom, and via which media do I send results?
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2014
  12. Soove9

Soove9 New Recruit

Hey guys, last night's racing was really great. Thoroughly enjoyed myself and thanks again to @N64TheStig007 for organizing a great mixture of cars and race conditions. Rain, sunshine and a night sky with fireworks :D

First race I eased myself into it and did OK for the qualifying lap and started towards the back of the field, I knew I was racing more against myself and the clock rather than going for a podium. I managed to do a few clean laps and a few not so clean laps. But throughout the race there was a few good small battles with fellow drivers. The highlight of Monza would have been last lap, last corner where@ S54VED took the dive on the inside into the final corner. With just the appropriate amount of touching, both of us came out onto the straight with a drag race to the finish. I managed to keep the rear wheels off the grass and it came down to 0.007s between the two of us. I reckon if I farted, I probly would have gotten ahead by 0.001s :p Great race mate.

Second race was reverse grid so I was looking forward to it as I've been doing a few laps in the MX5 TC earlier in the day and Apricot Hill is a track I've done more Ks on than Monza or La Sarthe. Manage to stay in front a little bit then was overwhelmed by a swarm of fast cars within the first lap. Lap two saw a bit of a pileup at the back hairpin where a number of cars were involved. That gave me some breathing space but it wasn't long before the faster guys caught up with their pace. I hit the pits on lap 3 and got clear road for the next few laps, but that turned out to be a bit of a mistake, I should have came in 2 laps later as my tyres were worn quite badly on front/right and I started seeing my lap times get slower. Lesson learnt!

Race 3, I ended up quite far up the front due to technical issue with the grid, sat behind Beau_Albert, but suddenly I saw reverse lights 1-2secs before the go, his car "ghosted" out but came back solid as soon as I came off the line. *BANG!* and chaos followed. I thought it was quite humorous, even though we all knew it wasn't on purpose. The race was interesting as I don't do La Sarthe very often and it was at night. I was treating it as more of a practice race, hoping I won't hold anyone up. The pace the front runners were on are just amazing. Shameful to say i was 15-20s slower per lap.

Overall it was a really enjoyable night of racing, there were some great battles fought throughout the grid and it was a real pleasure and honor to race with the Div1 and 2 guys, just the pace these guys are on are amazing, the precision and consistency really blows me away. I've learnt a lot from watching them practice and seeing their lines, braking points and more importantly where they let off the brake and make the car turn. Hats off to you guys.

Looking forward to next weeks races and Season 5, I'm sure I will have the opportunity to learn a lot more about this game. Thanks again to all the organizers!

Now... more practice ;)
  13. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Just drop the photo of the finish screen on a post in this thread and tag hatfield and emmo46 if you have one as the others have done or type them up as I did in the division 5 thread. Will check if I have race 2 but I don't so...don't think I saved any of them
  14. chrystalmighty

chrystalmighty Rookie

PSN ID
    ChrystalmIT
    SO! Last night! There's a lot more to hosting a room in such a full-on series than one might think! Had a few delays co-ordinating with guys from div6, something I should have thought about MUCH earlier than I did! Finally got qualifying underway, almost through with Vardz on pole,then Gregory33 comes in, send him off to qualify while we all sit trackside. Vardz decides to use this time to accept a friend request from Gregory33, and for his trouble, has his PS freeze up. We waited for him to reboot and rejoin, then cheered him on to requalify, came up 3rd. That race done and dusted, (i managed to redeem myself from the.previous poor showing with a podium) we moved on. R2 went smoothly, although my lack of practice showed (and having PSN deliver me an auto kinda threw me a bit too) ending with a 5th placing. Just as the race was winding down, I get a phone message from work, they've been badly damaged by storms, and could I start at 7 instead of 10? (this means a 5am rollcall for me) so that kinda threw me a bit, and although I got a screenshot of the results, I forgot to save the replay
    R3 somehow screwed up the reverse grid, which I didn't even pick up on. Starting from 5, I put in a reasonably performance, until a nice clean overtaking manoeuvre from Footlong ended with a slight clip to my front endend, just enough to send me spiralling off into the sandtrap! (i know you probably didn't even know it happened, no stress mate, it was otherwise a beautiful maneuver) Homebrew cruised on by as I was digging myself out, leaving me in 6th.
    Footlong_warrior, Ad2mny and Soove9 like this.
  15. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Just post them here, I'll find them.
  16. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
  17. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    There may be alterations to Gold chart if it confirmed who got fastest lap in race 3.
  18. MINT_GTR

MINT_GTR Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    MINT_Matt
    Cheers guys for a great night of racing for what looks like another cracker series in the hands of Jono :thumbsup:

Race 1, well well well....I don't think I have had more obeejeebuzz moments in a short race than that. Was happy to slot in 2nd for qually as I new rotor was about to show me another master class in the wet....another crazy start by razor had them side by side into the first corner, I took a back row seat as I didn't want to get dirty....they both got penalties and myself and Jono came through. Jono was all over me like a rash until he spun and then soon after Rotor until he got a penalty. Somehow I was still leading after the round of pitstops although rotor had his eyes on some mint and shortly after he regathered the lead for a well deserved win :thumbsup:...glad that was over, no more wet....yay!!!

Race 2, I was really looking forward to the little roadsters and it didn't disappoint. We were one big conga line for the opening 2 laps until I threw a leg out coming into the hairpin and tripped razor up and collected a few others in the process.....off to get some dance lessons after that one.....i redressed to find myself near last, bugger. I refocused and started hunting the guys in front until I came in to what was a pit party with most of the field and we all suffered quite badly!?! Hunted down cagme and razor....again ....and enjoyed a battle with them. Got past to run out of laps chasing natman down. Good fun though and great win by beau :)

Race 3, lemans at night in a GTR was a great way to finish the night. Too bad PD went to bed early and decided to put us in random grid positions come the start and hold the start lights for an eternity. From 6th to 11th and then back to 6th off the line, everything went back to normal for myself....so I thought!?!? Coming down the first mulsanne straight, I pull out of poops draft to see him drive away!?!? Damn it, forgot the oil change...derrrr!!! I new from that moment I had to pull something out of the hat to at least podium. A few mistakes from potentional podium getters left it down to just a 2 horse race for the win, myself and razor. And what a last lap and half that was, battling all the way to the very last chicane. Still not sure how I won but cheers razor for making me work for it all the way to flag :thumbsup:

After that night of events, can't wait for round 2 in a fortnights time. Until then bring on ROC!!!
    Ad2mny and razor4797 like this.
  19. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Rotor scored the FL in race 3. Will post the pictures soon.
    TDZdave likes this.
  20. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99