GT6 [COMPLETED] Season 11-17 Throwback World Domination

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by JonoStan96, Sep 29, 2014.

1. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    @N64TheStig007 How do you want this scored, Jono, usual 25, 20 16 etc? points for Pole and/or FL?
  2. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Usual points as per league settings. No points for pole however.
    TDZdave likes this.
  3. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Silver Room race results.
    Monza:
    Qualifying -
    [​IMG]

Results-
    [​IMG]
    DSC: S_CLOSE. Bryan_F missed start.

Apricot Hill-
    [​IMG]

Le Mans-
    [​IMG]
    DSC TTR_Joe90 + Tanktex.

I forgot to save the first replay but I will get FL's soon.

My races. Monza was disappointing like when I did it in the League event. Was a good battle early with emmo and tank but the leaders were gone. A few penalties and a big slide in the final turn sealed last.

Apricot Hill. Got a win here in the sprints last season, but mostly because I lagged everyone out :whistling::oops: and I did better than expected this time. Stayed within sight of Seth and Sergio all race, plus was hounded by flash for most of it too. Nearly had a massive pile up with Bryan at turn 3 but just dodged him I think. Overall best race of the night.

Le Mans. Such a huge contrast of cars, especially this one. Took a bit to get my head around the grip in braking and accelerating, and the general skittish-ness of the car, but it made no difference to my result, I still sucked. I think I was the last to pit and I wasn't last when people started pitting but I was after I stopped. Tried to chase down emmo just ahead but he pulled away, and even Serge who was 20hp down pulled away after he come unstuck final lap. Sigh.
  4. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    To avoid the embarrasment of admitting i started La Sarthe by hitting reverse accidently, im going to do my race reviews in Emoji's!!
    Monza: :cry:
    Apricot Hill: :eek::D
    La Sarthe: :thumbsdown::whistling:
    Soove9, MINT_GTR and Ad2mny like this.
  5. chrystalmighty

chrystalmighty Rookie

PSN ID
    ChrystalmIT
    Found out during race I've got an early start tomorrow, so will sort results tomorrow arvo.
  6. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Not a great night, disconnected in Monza, had a good race in the Mazda but Seth was faster. In Le Mans my car was way down in power, don't know why, so was a sitting duck. Still a fun night.
    Ad2mny likes this.
  7. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    @MINT_GTR I know now what happened at the hairpin on lap 2 race 2... It was a huge lag punt by you which sent me into the wall. Not your fault mate. It's carnage on replay though lol
    MINT_GTR likes this.
  8. flashfirst

flashfirst Rookie

PSN ID
    flashfirst
    didnt know damage was on i thought it was off all of the way throught
  9. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    enjoyed that thoroughly.... Q on pole for monza but when I went to accept Gregory's friend request I froze up and had to re do my lap and started out of P3 finished 4th... Really happy with apricot hill started 4th was leading by lap 2 and won by 7 secs and did my first 1'26'xxx.. Great race Le Mans 6 of us finished within 10 secs and I snuck into 2nd... Great concept would like to see more of this in the gold silver bronze
    aussief1 likes this.
  10. MINT_GTR

MINT_GTR Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    MINT_Matt
    That makes sense, from my end it was the slightest tap and I was confused how that sent you spearing off....figured it was me so I redressed. Although I did that poorly too causing @SirPoopington to run into me, sorry mate!!
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2014
  11. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Great racing guys, took awhile to get going but we made it!

My lack of practice made me quite rusty, as my qualifying lap was only good for 6th. The start was rubbish too, but with several cars getting penalties, it was a huge surprise to be right behind MINT and fighting for the lead! I kept thinking that this would finally be my big chance at a fantastic result, but the car snapped at the second Lesmo, and I put a wheel on the gravel. Luckily, my mic was not on.

So began the recovery, and it was extremely hard to gain anything among the pack. Unfortunately, Alfa was far too keen to pass, and at the Parabolica I was forced wide onto the grass, and left very unimpressed. Took the chance to pit, but I lost even more time as Beau pitted as well. CAGM got the undercut as well, and I was spitting chips.

The rest of the race felt like Abu Dhabi 2010, absolutely nothing happened. CAGM's final corner mishaps let me through to 6th at the line, just. Another chance at a win at Monza gone in as many weeks. Very disappointing.

Apricot Hill was a much happier affair, and a return to the Roadster was very welcome, a car I really enjoyed. It was a pleasure to be involved in some great battles along the way, but I was desperate to catch Beau for the win. I got the gap down to around 1.5 seconds before we decided to pit, but unfortunately, PD's pathetic pit stop mechanics meant the gap grew to around 5 seconds afterwards.

It was even worse for Rotor, who lost even more time! 4 seconds in only a few laps was a too difficult task, even though the gap shrunk quickly at the race's end. 2nd was a good recovery from Monza's failure.

Le Mans was a bit of a crazy one. I don't remember the car being this much of a handful in GT5 on this track, as such, braking and traction felt like a lottery. I got a terrible start, and Razor's forceful move into the 2nd Mulsanne chicane compromised Rotor and I heavily.

However, as the race continued, it seemed to be a 3 horse race between myself, Razor and MINT, until I oversteered into the barrier into the first Mulsanne chicane culled any chance of victory. Worse still, a ginger entry into the pits and the "whythef**kdidyoudothat" decision to put fuel in the car only added insult to injury.

I had a fantastic battle with Alfa at the end, but just held on for 3rd. It was a shame Monza was a bit of a disaster, as I may have walked away from tonight with the lead, but there's still many races to go. Plus, you can drop your worst of the first 9 races anyway. Fantastic support guys, I really appreciate it. I'll get the results done tomorrow, so tables can be done.

Cheers, Jono
    TDZdave, razor4797, MINT_GTR and 3 others like this.
  12. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I really enjoyed the few battles I had, I was completely outclassed as I expected at Monza and poor Ad's misfortunes saved me from finishing last. I had a few little tussles and I think I caused a bit of mayhem when I had a big oversteery moment at the first Lesmo on lap one. I took up a lot of track and some of the scenery trying to get the bugger settled.
    The only race I was looking forward to was Apricot Hill as I knew I was closer to the pace and would be starting somewhere near the front. I managed to screw that up big time by jumping the start and by the time the penalty cleared I was back to my usual lap one position again. I had a lot of fun chasing the pack and staying ahead of Aussie for a while after he spun at the hairpin on lap one. It wasn't to last though as I was closing on Tank and got over eager when he copped a shortcut penalty at the chicane, I pushed too hard through the chicane trying to get to him and with a touch of the grass I was gone. I recovered and pushed as hard as I could just for the hell of it and capped it all by spinning in the same place on the final lap.
    I was not looking forward Le Mans at all even though I started on the front row. Got beaten off the line and spent the first half of the lap in 2nd place. At the end of Mulsanne the pack swarmed all over me and I fell back a few places and then had an insane run up the next straight section with Serg and someone else seperated by a fag paper. Got a collision penalty when somebody ran off the track and came back on ahead of me and I couldn't avoid hitting them. That dropped me right back again. I kept the car on track for the rest of the race, had a few brief battles with a couple of drivers but it was mainly poor Joe and Tank suffering DSCs and Serg and Ad2 having various spins that secured my best result of the nght with 6th. great driving by all and good clean racing.
    See you all next week.
    aussief1 and Ad2mny like this.
  13. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
    I did well in bronze with a 1st, DSC, 3rd last night it was a lot of fun and we have 3 different winners from 3 races
  14. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    I just jumped on to have a break from study. Was hoping to get my new pedals working, but had some issues..

Didn't do too well mainly due to my own mistakes, but was good to have some races.

Sorry Damo, haven't seen the replay but I think I should have readdressed at Apricot hill. :oops:
  15. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Cheers for hosting mate.
    TDZdave likes this.
  16. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Fastest laps in the silver division were:
    Race 1, flashfirst 1:56.499
    Race 2, seeeth123 1:26.742
    Race 3, flashfirst 3:47.228

Seth is leading the points on 59 from Flash on 51 and Jim on 49.
    I will have the charts for silver up tonight, the lap time charts and other divions will be done once results and lap times become available.
    aussief1 and Jim_aka_The_Man like this.
  17. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    Sorry to the guys in the bronze room as I had to bail after the first race. Hope to see you guys next week as it was heaps of fun
    Footlong_warrior likes this.
  18. Footlong_warrior

Footlong_warrior Team Driver

PSN ID
    Footlong_Warrior twoinch_inya
    that's no worries man... see you next week
    Peter Wise likes this.
  19. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    There's been a protest launched in Silver Emmo, I'd hold off for now.
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2014
    TDZdave likes this.
  20. Footlong_warrior

Footlong_warrior Team Driver

PSN ID
    Footlong_Warrior twoinch_inya
    it was a great night overall...
    at monza i qualified 2nd because @VARDZ had to re-do his qualifying lap... @v8power383 got poll
    a few little stuff ups from me at monza sore me go from 2nd to 8th out of 9 drivers but i clawed my way back with other drivers making mistakes or pitting... i went into pit at about lap 8 in 1st and come out in p 4 @chrystalmighty was in front of me huge mistake and i went by him i can't remember who was in 2nd at the time but i got by that driver too... i bagged 2nd place

the 2nd race at apricot hill it was a reverse grid based on previous race results so i started in p 6 as @Peter Wise aka Copperj and a div 6 driver dropped out of the lobby i think i'm going from memory
    the start was a good one i got a few spots going up the inside on the big left hand sweeper in the first lap i got to 3rd and was trying to catch @mmm_homebrew which he was in 2nd i couldn't do it until he went into pit then i went into 2nd & vardz had gap of about 3 to 4 seconds on me when i went into pit in 1st again i had about a 20 sec lead on vardz i think vardz overtook me & so did brew when i came out of pit i had @Crimj1985 on my tail he didn't go away until about the last few minutes... i bagged myself 3rd

at le mans some how i started in p 1 i held the lead for the first lap i went into pit straight up lap 1 get it out of the way i think on such a big track so iwent from 1st to 6th in front of @PurpleDog i made a few big mistakes surprised purple dog didn't catch me... about 3 laps went by i think most of the field had pitted which sore me in p 3 had another battle with brew & also crimj on my tail again(go away crimj lol) crimj got in my slipsteam & brews & vardz to steal 1st in the last minute lol... i came in 4th place

what an awesome set of races i loved it can't wait of next week