[COMPLETED] ASSETTO CORSA: Season 1.

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, Jan 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EdWood

EdWood New Recruit

Tovey_4saken and Anon666 like this.
  2. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    running around like a mad hatter at the moment but my skin is up i just went with a bare rust skin no numbers i'll grab everyones skins tomorrow morning when i get the chance :thumbsup:
    Anon666 likes this.
  3. grat

grat New Recruit Gold Member

Hi all,
    I am quite new to online racing. I have raced with some of you the last two days after getting so frustrated with crazy people on most servers. Thanks for organizing this---best races I had in three weeks. I might ask you if there is a slot still available, but I understand this 1st season is Monday night at 9pm (not feasible for me right now)---am I right? In that case, I'll just keep joining you at other times. Please keep the events coming. Cheers!
    KoAStR, Tovey_4saken and Anon666 like this.
  4. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Hey Grat. Welcome to the forum man. Yep, we are running this on a Monday night at this stage. I do believe AJ is looking at doing a Wed night event and I'm trying to stick with Thurs night as an official prac night. Other than that it's an open lobby mostly. Don't worry there is more to come. Also got a good little hotlap challenge cooking, just need to test it out.
    grat likes this.
  5. grat

grat New Recruit Gold Member

Thanks. Sounds great. Will keep ears open.
  6. Pringles_947

Pringles_947 Team Driver Gold Member

I should be free to race tonight! Getting keen =]
    R0T0R-AU86 likes this.
  7. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    I'll be missing this race, in-laws arrive this week and have too much to do, the baby will be next, sometime after this week.
  8. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    I'll also be giving tonight a miss. Have fun guys.
  9. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    pwahhh tough track real easy to lose focus and end up in the ditch :roflmao: going to be some intense racing track feels so narrow even though there is room to pass if it's perfectly smooth otherwise might be few broken hearts tonight :coffee:
    Cyber_STIG_77 likes this.
  10. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    I find those ripple strips really like to upset the car if you hit them incorrectly and before you know it you're ploughing into a wall at high speed.

With the top guys easily 3+ seconds per lap faster than me I'll just be happy if I can finish without too many "off-track adventures" :)
  11. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    Yeah i know really have to keep off them till the tyres get heat (5 laps min) and the track rubbers up i'm not sure where i'll be standing on the lap board but hopefully first 5 laps go smoothly so we can all have a fair crack at the top guy's :thumbsup:

Just got word that valve and HTC have teamed up to release their own virtual headset and to be honest it appears to be a more complete package then oculus
    http://www.htcvr.com/
    R0T0R-AU86 likes this.
  12. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Remember guys use the links in the OP to upload skins to specific car folders.:thumbsup:

Also just updated my skin for a minor mis-alignment if anyone cares.. It's just the carpaint file in this one so make sure you get the whole skin folder download first then overwrite the old carpaint within the original skin folder in your system.
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/qdt4czf67liowfn/Lotus_Evora_GTC_KoAStR_v2.zip

It's weird. A straight line in the template through the rear quarter panel and door will be misaligned on the car in game. That's fine I adjusted for that on one side then copied to the other.
    It seems that the mis-alignment in the template is different from left to right so the other side didn't match (just assumed it did).
    Anyway that's what the fix in this v2 file is.
    Tovey_4saken likes this.
  13. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    It's the way kunos have baked the skins sometimes it is perfectly aligned on all sides and even and other times some cars are all over the shop the tatus is a good example with its wing doing very strange things to the paint file :thumbsup:
  14. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    You cheeky bugger here i am thinking i'm not too far off and you go and pull that race out :roflmao: way to make a bloke jump out of his comfort zone im on the ball today though :coffee: i'll be chasing ya :laugh:
    KoAStR likes this.
  15. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2015
  16. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Great race Edwood! I'm guessing you changed boots in the pits? But for a couple of mistakes I think you could of had me, seems fresh boots was the better strat. ;) Thanks for bailing out on that final turn though. :thumbsup: Could have been disastrous for both us! I got penalised a bit getting around some of the lap traffic too. With such a twitchy car/track combo I was erring on the side of caution. Fortunately I was about a car length or two behind you Oblisc when you spun. All anchors, I thought that was race over! :confused:
    Driftoz likes this.
  17. Driftoz

Driftoz Team Driver Gold Member

i managed to get replay from lap2 till the server crashed so ill try put video together in the next few days, also cheers for the race it was fun i actually got to keep up with some people for most of the race and was holding 10th for a little while till i went off track lol
  18. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
  19. Driftoz

Driftoz Team Driver Gold Member

someone got a little tail happy lol [​IMG]
    KoAStR likes this.
  20. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    Is this right? It has me coming in as 16th - yet I was disconnected from the server on lap 2 (or were there only 16 of us racing last night?)

I was VERY disappointed last night. Managed to drop 1 second off my PB time to hit a 51.6 during qualifying only to see everyone disappear from screen, not far into lap 2.

It really doesn't help that I live about 5km from the exchange and my connection to the internet leaves alot to be desired (and there's nothing that can be done)....it obviously doesn't like it when there are so many cars on track. This is the 2nd time in the 3 rounds I've participated in that I have dropped off the server early in the race.

If it continues I may need to pull the pin as I hate putting in all the practice and effort to learn the cars and tracks each week only to suffer a disconnection early in the race and be totally disappointed. Also, not sure why but I couldn't see anyone's skins on track - even though I had downloaded and installed them. I was relying on my over-shiny car to dazzle everyone's eyes so I could get away.....but I need to stay connected to the server to do that :mad:

We'll see how it goes next week - fingers crossed...:confused:
    Anon666 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.