[COMPLETED] ASSETTO CORSA: Season 1.

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, Jan 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve Crossland

Steve Crossland Team Driver

Man I keep handicapping myself in the qualifying sessions :)
    This time I ended up getting in home just in time after having to go up to the hospital to get my leg dressed. Had a minor accident & my mountain bike bit my bloody leg. Looks like a shark bite haha.
    Anyway, with 2 minutes left in practice I loaded my race setup, then changed to softs, lowered the tyre pressures & fuel & was set for qualifying. Spun twice, blowing any chance of putting in a decent lap & had to start, once again, from 18th.
    On the grid I remember that I was still on soft tires, so had to run with how it was.
    Great start out me up to 14th by T1 & 12th by lap 2 so I was in damage control & just trying to keep the tires as cool as I possibly could. Didn't work too well & was losing up to 5 secs per lap. I pitted lap 10 and put mediums on. SOOOO much better & back up to my normal pace of 50's and 51's. Pitted in 9th & came out in 12t but soon clawed my way back up. Latched onto the back of Cyber Stig who put up a terrific fight for 3 laps. Were were nose- tail almost te whole time until he made a small error and slid off, allowing me to slip past & go after Fargon, who at that point was losing 5 secs per lap. Caught & past Fargon on the very last lap to claim 6th place...

Phew, man I gotta start getting better grid spots. Makes the job so much harder to do it fomr the back (although it was a :):):):)load of fun)
  2. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    Well Done Koastr and Edward..

I was happy enough to grab pole on a PB, but seriously struggled getting the grips with the MR car and tuning.. I just can't get it around my head, its reserve but different... arrgh was doing my head in..

To the start, it was just terrible... Ended up bogging down and getting swapped at the start, however i ended up managing getting past Edward in the first few laps and started to close down Koastr, until it happened, bloody devil kerbing!!! :mad: Ended up spinning and loosing 12 seconds, with Stig and Anon getting past.. I was able to rejoin and get past Anon, i was on damage limitation mode... Stig was next but a ways down the road... after the pit stops i pulled right out the back of stig, was able to get past without too much trouble and that was my race.. I think even had I didn't spin, i didn't have enough pace here in this combo.. sigh, I didn't spend enough time tuning it or practicing, i guess that's my own fault..

Extremely disappointed in my race pace here..

WD lads.
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    it shows some weird results...doogle 18th, serge 19th both with 0 laps, then tovey 20th with 15 laps???
    a few others out of place compared to the number of laps completed...can you confirm?
  4. Mael

Mael Professional

A view from the back:

Tough race. Struggled with high rear tire temperature so decided to start the race on hard tires which was a mistake. I was almost a second a lap slower than expected. Managed to stay out of trouble running as high up as 10th until a slight bump from behind spun me out. Made a a couple of mistakes while trying to recover culminating in an accident with Tovey. Tried a overambitious lunge in the inside of a turn which went badly :( From there on just could not stay on track finishing just in front of Driftoz. Luckily the server crashed otherwise he might have had me!
    Anon666 and Driftoz like this.
  5. Driftoz

Driftoz Team Driver Gold Member

haha meal i dont think i would have but i was trying early on we had a good 4-5 lap run with me chasing you, was good fun.
  6. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Hey Hat, yeah there was something a bit weird with the race finish and the results software is a bit odd. The final standings, barring any late protests, are:
    Koastr
    EdWood
    R0t0r
    Stiggy
    Anon
    Steve Crossland
    FargonZ
    Pringles
    Cyber
    Kobus
    pete/haagan
    Oblisc
    Slasher
    Mael
    Driftoz
    Grkinn
    CobMcCool
    Tovey
    Josh
    Cooper
    DoogleDave

DNS Serge, Skywalker, Ozzy.

24 car grid, hell yeah!!!
  7. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    @DoogleDave, you had no problems in the prac and qual sessions though?? More stress when all cars are on the grid together obviously. AJ was having some issues as well with this and it was a setting in his router. Port forwarding or firewall maybe. I know you are more tech savvy than me, but it could be something worth looking at??
  8. Driftoz

Driftoz Team Driver Gold Member

@anon just before server crashed i was 15/16 so everyone under Grkinn dced im guessing.
  9. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Yep. Hey skinners, how do I cover or replace the logo on the windscreen??
  10. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    What happened with the server, I gather it crashed by the above posts?
  11. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
  12. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    You need the full template files that Tovey put up - for the lotus the files were named windows and int_windows or something.
    Anon666 likes this.
  13. Fargonz

Fargonz Rookie

Just a short vid of me chasing down cyber... bandicam only allows 10min capture :confused: so lucky for cyber it cuts out just before he becomes another victim of the kerb
    Anon666, Cyber_STIG_77 and KoAStR like this.
  14. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Nice track
  15. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Great angle. It gives you a sense of how hectic the laps really were in this thing. Even looking at the back of Cyber's car it looks deceptively sedate. I love how all the dash elements are active regardless of the camera too. Nice vid, nice close driving.
  16. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    I'll have to have another look at the settings but last time I looked it seemed OK.
    With a rubbish connection to our phone exchange its not uncommon to get intermittent dropouts - the price you pay for living near the end of the line to your local exchange.

An attenuation of around 56 and a very low SNR (around 6-7 from memory) doesn't help my cause - but short of going NBN (which we won't see for quite some time), there's not much that can be done to resolve that.

And during prac and quals was just fine. On the odd occasion in practice during the week I will lose connection to the server so its not something that ONLY happens during our races....it's just ALOT more annoying when it happens during a race.
    Anon666 likes this.
  17. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Well, either the server crashed or AC crashed or aliens happened. How do we check the server log??
  18. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Ive looked at the logs but the actual error logs are empty pages, the output logs logs on the other hand are loaded with text, if you open the severs file manager you can download the logs by clicking on the "GLOBE" icon.
    I will ask Cyrentek if they can look for the cause of the crash at their end, as I doubt it was a game issue.
    Cheers
  19. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  20. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Hey Hat. Sorry to be a pain. Stiggy and TheStig13 are the same person.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.