Division 3 Season 5

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 5, 2015.

1. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    I decided to take great care of my tyres in the second stint as it cost me a place at the end of the first stint, making it real easy to flood to get by.
    I had enough towards the end of the hards stint to defend if needed, but managed to keep flood behind somehow. Payed off as my thought was everyone else would shot their tyres trying to catch me :)
  2. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    Was not expecting much from last nights race - was quite happy that most started on RS tyres leaving me and Dominator to
    limp around at the rear.I made life even harder for myself by tank slapping out onto the main staright then spinning.
    Ran 18laps on my RH's and as i left the pits was completely gob smacked to see the only person i did not want to see in front of me - my team mate!!? bugger on the tyre issue WTF....thought you were in with a chance.
    Was enjoying the extra grip of the softs and was slowly creeping up on to who i thought was in fourth place (Bryan)
    Finally saw the name above the driver and it was Anarkie who was not even on the leader board? Thought he was a lap down
    because he looked like he was ghosting - just a couple of laps to go i thought no stress will try to take him but it won't really matter if i don't.
    He put up a hell of a fight and i got the slightess of runs on him for the finish line and pipped him by 0.003 - was not until i saw the final leader board that i noticed that we had been racing for position!
    After all my :):):):):)ing about how bad this race was going to be it turned out to be ok.
    Well done the podium - i hope to be better at Spa!
    Ad2mny and JonoStan96 like this.
  3. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    A very surprising and somewhat pleasing result last night. Tokyo has to be one of my most hated tracks, so was not expecting to finish near the front at all.
    Decided to start on softs, I had no other choice because I had no idea how long they would last.
    Qualified in 5th over a second off the pace but not knowing what tires those behind me were on I figured I was one of the last people on softs.

Race started and it was mostly uneventful for me. I knew I lacked pace so could only watch as S_Close, WTF_MAN, AO and Bryan drove away from me building a nice gap, yet surprisingly I was building my own gap to pykee and the rest behind; so I was mostly running on my own.

Tyre prservation has always been one of my strengths, so towards the end of the soft stint I was able to close the gap to the leader from ~8s to me actually taking the lead! I was now back in the race!
    I took a risk and stayed out a lap longer than the rest. I could see on the track map one of the front runners facing backwards after crashing into the pit wall; who was that haha??
    Hard to tell if staying out the extra lap was the right choice as it was a slow lap, but after making my stop I came out still in the lead. I couldn't understand how I was in this position being as slow as I was.

AO was 1-2s behind, and soon he made an easy pass on me. I knew I couldn't hold him off as he was just too fast. I was never a changce of challenging him. All I could do was focus on trying to stay with AO and keeping the gap to S_Close back in 3rd.
    Seemed to be going okay until I hit the outside wall on the exit of the final corner and spun. AO was free to take the win and this gifted the position to S_Close, but I was able to get back up to speed before losing another position to Funz.

From there it was really just a procession. I didn't have enough tires or pace to challenge S-Close, and Funz and Bryan behind were never quite close enough to make a move on me, so it was just tedious counting down the laps trying to not make a mistake.
    Annoyed I threw away 2nd, but happy to grab a podium.
  4. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    Haha thanks, it's about the only thing I seem to be good at, so I like it when we have seasons where tires are a factor, it helps keep me in contention.
    It's funny though if you look at the fastest lap times every week, i'm always one of the slowest!
  5. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Yeah... That was me... :oops: :roflmao:
  6. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Ad2mny, WAC, anarkie14 and 2 others like this.
  7. anarkie14

anarkie14 New Recruit

PSN ID
    anarkie14
    [​IMG]
    This is the definition of depressing...

So Joe was about half a lap behind after the pit stop and was slowly catching up. I had a few moments, no crashes but had to scrub some speed off a few times. He caught up and by the last lap he was pressuring for an overtake. He did get in front for the kink on the back straight, but I criss-crossed and held the lead. Last corner onto the main straight, he was able to slipstream past. Golly gosh that was annoying. But credits to Joe, well deserved mate.
    Ad2mny, WAC, SPL Racing and 1 other person like this.
  8. WAC

PSN ID
    I didn't even know we were battling for position as i couldn't see you on the drivers board - but i still wanted to get pass you!
    Nice work on the criss cross at the kink - didn't think i could hold you out being on that side of the track.
  9. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    Just realised I hadn't done my race report...
    Quali went well 2nd time around with a half decent lap of 1.36.0. Thought I had pole in the last minute only to see Bryan came out with a flyer!:thumbsup:
    As we lined up on the grid I had no vision of my speedo etc, so here I was frantically pressing the change view button to try and get it to work ( it has worked before for me..? ) So as we were coming into the first corner I was still pressing it so I apologise to Serge and WTF if I was a bit erratic.
    First few laps I was putting pressure on Bryan and it must have worked and he made a little error, after that I tried pushing a little bit to pull out a lead. Got to about 3 secs ahead but I chewed my tyres out and Bryan and Flood got past with a lap to go before I decided to pit. I wasn't that upset as I was struggling to get more than 12 laps in practice on softs and was going to do a 2 stopper if I wasn't in the lead.
    As I entered the pits behind Bryan I noticed he entered in a little bit quicker than myself and as I exited I came out ahead with quite a margin over him! ( I had a big smile with your misfortune Bryan, sorry:D)
    As Flood exited the pits I found myself 2 secs behind him, but with warm tyres I quickly closed up. Followed him for a few laps and then he had a spin coming onto the straight! ( my smile got even bigger:D )
    After that I just concentrated on keeping a steady gap to 2nd and looking after my tyres to take my first win in Div 3:cool:
    Big thanks to everybody for the racing and look forward to Spa
    Ad2mny and REVO_Bryan like this.
  10. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Press the start button next time. That should bring it back.
    Ad2mny and AOCleaner74 like this.
  11. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  12. Oblisc

Oblisc Rookie

Hi guys, I wont be available to race or host tomorrow night as its the Canberra day long weekend and I will be interstate.

Hope you have a good race.
  13. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Thanks mate, hope to see you next Sunday.
    @pykeybraa145 , @Crunch . Are you guys racing this Sunday and alright to host?
  14. WAC

PSN ID
    Actually where was Crunch last week?
  15. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    I was at Noosa on holiday. I'm back now. Sorry bout that- I told my team but not you guys.

I don't even know what track this round is yet, so uh, yeah if pykey doesn't post by 5pm tomorrow (AEST) then I'll do it.
    WAC likes this.
  16. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    Ok guys, I'll be hosting tonight then.

I'll be using High quality with Mics Off. Traction Control will be On, and Qualifying Off.

Will be on momentarily.
    S_CLOSE likes this.
  17. WAC

PSN ID
    Bad night for PD.
    Really wanted to race in that one but as I could not see 3/4 of the drivers seemed abit pointless and the possibility of ruining someone else's night is too much for me.
    Unfortunately that is me done for this season as work has got in the way for the next couple of Sunday nights(managed to get someone else to fill in for me tonight) not how I wanted to go out.
    Let's see how good Project cars is aye !!
    Later fella's..thanks :)
    J90 out
    Ad2mny and Crunch like this.
  18. AOCleaner74

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    Looks like u will get another chance Joe, we all got stuck in the pits!
  19. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    So as the host for tonight, I need to explain how I saw the events unfold. An observative piece with a hint of analytical opinion follows:

I didn't open up the room in a timely manner, as I had just downloaded the latest patch that the news section showed to be from February 26th. Highly probable that this fact caused some synchronisation issues, as I then wanted to immediately check out the valiant return of Midfield Raceway.

Room opened at 5 to 7 (AEST), and within seconds a number of people had filed in. From what I remember, there was about 6 or so people in that first room. Zero problems. I was then notified that the 'Room Full' standard glitch was taking place, so I remade the room. On past occasions (when I was host), that has solved the issue, but this time it didn't; the same people who joined the first room once again immediately joined within seconds and practised without a hitch, though the same people who couldn't join before still could not.

Noteworthy here is that I also cleared cache on both occurances; I reset my router, and remade the room (third room). Within seconds, the number of people who could not join either of the first two rooms were immediately in. However, as soon as the first few drivers from the original group (who had zero problems getting in before) started joining, they would either lose connection, or could not view drivers on track. Only following a reset themselves could they gain access.

Once this long and painful process was over (everyone was in deemably), I reset the track from standard Spa (no time and weather) to timed and weathered Spa. Amicable protests over this ensued, to which my response was that it was okay; being a legal formalist, I choose to follow official directions ONLY because this ensures a predictability as well as validation of process. Thus, when a number of people cite Stu as saying that only the non-timed, non-weather track could be used, I simply said that I was not aware of this, and that I follow the regulations as laid out here:

http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/gt6-gtloz-lounge-settings-procedures.194/

In accordance with this, anything the room captain says is my official direction, and S_Close did a great job in dictating courses of action. No room captains raised an issue with the track- S_Close called for a vote (which did not happen - of mention) and in the end, validated.

So qualifying began. I then realised quite quickly that I could only see S_Close on track, and once he had rejoined the room, I could no longer see anyone. Hence, noone else was on track during my qualifying. I believe other drivers had some similar issues, but not to my extent. Regardless, qualifying time ended, at which point another textual raucous eventuated to begin the race in the form the lobby was in. Among that, FloodSim was also vocal to start the race, and in accordance with my role, I started the race.

Race started from my perspective with only me on track, and it stayed that way until lap 11, when I eventually pitted. My pit stop went fine, and I continued. 2 laps later, all other drivers said they were stuck in the pits, to which I was the only one to have not been stuck. The race informally ended as everyone save WTFMAN and me exited the room. Congrats on S_Close's child, btw!! :thumbsup:

So in the end, I finished to see in what state the replay and results was, and it's just replica of what I recorded with my PVR live.
    -
    That's how the race played out on my end. I was incredibly eager to race throughout, and believe that someone who joined by the third group was not compatible with the majority of drivers. Having not reset once this person joined the third room, my connection as host compromised the rest of the race.

So in conclusion, I tried my utmost to host well (having every driver on my friends list as well- something I ignorantly didn't do in past seasons hosting), and wished to follow all procedures.
    I can show how it played out with my recording if need be, and I can also grab a screenshot of my connection speed on PSN if need be. With best interests at heart, it is possible that someone may be a faster 'second backup' host. I run 35Mb download and 1Mb upload.
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2015
    SuiCid3, WAC and SPL Racing like this.
  20. AOCleaner74

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    You were actually leading the first 5 laps until u spun at the bus stop;)
    No probs with what happened mate, next time we really should have the host set the room up 1 hour before qualifying to sort this mess out...