Division 3 Season 5

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 5, 2015.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    results stood and all drivers stuck in pits got equal points for the next position after all valid finishers and then dsc's were sorted out below them
  2. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    The host could not see the other drivers so his replay won't show anyone else but him winning the race;)
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Well crunch is only on 9 points so give him the win just for trying lol
    Crunch likes this.
  4. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Great Hat sounds good to me! All in favour....I....all against... it's official ;)
    Crunch likes this.
  5. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    So pending @stucar17 view on the matter, these are the options I can see:
    1. Take the result as is, with all stuck in pits receiving the same points, like in Div. 7.
    2. Rerun the race on a Saturday night during the season.
    3. Rerun the race on a Sunday night, immediately before or after a scheduled round during the season.
    4. Rerun the race on a possible bye week on a Sunday during the season.
    5. Rerun the race the week after the final round of the season.
    Are there any other options? Should there be a vote on the matter?
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2015
  6. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    I'd like to pick the options in this order:
    4 - 3 - 2 - 1 - 5

Just because, let's be honest... why run a race while every other division's season is over? What is the likelihood of any championship results changing also?
  7. Cyberstig1

Cyberstig1 Rookie

PSN ID
    Cyberstig1
    Cyber Rant V1.012
    Post Traumatic Race Disorder
    I do not claim to know a lot about Cyberspace, I do know that the older and fatter I get I am taking up more of it. I will try not to bore U all stupid, however I offer up these thoughts and observations and hope to generate some further discussion.
    I have now done a few online races with U guys and have nothing but praise for the organisers and participants. I am attempting to make some constructive criticism here and in no way wish to offend anyone.
    Sony Servers were dismal on Sunday night. I was particularly looking forward to Spa as I can not say round one or two were my favorite places to race. In div 6 we had a stable room with everyone in – until the host re-set the room. It would appear that this is standard practice – it would also appear that it causes serious stability problems within the room server. After several attempts to get it sorted @CPTNPEACH kindly set up an alternative room. That was the beginning of my undoing. After several attempts to get in – I finally did. Went to go on track - was told my car did not comply – it still let me on track and then dumped me – Black Screen – forced re-set – file check -the whole kit and boodles. It was not until later I remembered that I have never been able to get into a Ctn Peach room – such is life.
    Now as I said I am somewhat of a Techno phobic Luddite – to which I believe @DekGT5mad can agree. I am pretty certain that my system meltdown was not caused by a fault at my end but at Sony PD server. It requested sending fault info to Sony.
    This caused a great degree of Cyberstress. Which I believe may be caused by Server Stress, and leads to Racer Stress. I would appreciate any feedback from @NAACS and @DekGT5mad as they may be able to shed some more light on these issues.
    Are we as a group contributing to Server Stress???
    As per: GTLOZ Official Lounge Settings
    Race quality should be set to high and voice chat disabled.
    Is this causing issues – in my experience having Race Qual on high can cause issues, Would it not be a better idea to have it set to standard. Not all of us have the same quality net connection and the room needs to try and cater for that.
    In div 6 our rooms have also had voice chat on High – I am sure this uses bandwidth and affects room stability. It should be Off. If it is deemed necessary at least have it on Low.
    Trying to have 16 users in the room is maxing out the server capacity. It could possibly be a good idea to limit room size to 10 or 12 drivers and have more divisions.
    We are also dumping about 100 extra users onto the same track at the same time. It could well be worthwhile having the dif divs rotating through the track. By that I mean if div one starts at track 1, div 5 starts at track 5 etc. That way we would only have one or two divisions on each track at one time.
    I suffered terrible Post Traumatic Race Disorder and Driver Remorse as a result of Sunday night. I offer these ideas if they may help in any way. All comments good or bad encouraged.
    I have posted this in a few spots to try and get input.
    @stucar17 - Your thoughts mate.
    Cheers Cyberstig.
    WAC likes this.
  8. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    You have some great suggestions there.
    There's only two things I'm not sure about:
    - I don't know how the servers work at all, so I didn't even know that having all of us on one track could be an issue. I think they're all separate, and having the same track means nothing.
    - Having divisions with 16 drivers each ensures a weekly race of around 12 drivers anyway. This is the only thing I'd vocally raise opposition to, as I've only raced in 2 races individually in my years of league racing with every single enrolled driver competing. It never (exaggeration) happens. In the past, I've organised leagues enrolling more drivers than room capacity (I think maybe 3 extra at most I've had) because I know that people won't come. What I did was praised widely at the time by the drivers, as we would unearth a lot of the no-showers quickly, and get close to full capacity (but as I said, only ever reach full capacity TWICE EVER).

Honestly though, a lot of us here just have our fingers crossed that Project CARS is capable of holding the Sunday races.
    Footlong_warrior and S_CLOSE like this.
  9. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    OK Guys,

Have had a chat out the back and all the mods agree that the round 3 race will be rerun at the end of the season, the sunday AFTER the final round. Drivers who were not on the grid will not be eligible to race as they weren't there on the scheduled night, so in fairness to those who were there, shouldnt be able to claim points when they wouldn't have anyway. For those drivers they can obviously still use that as their "drop worst round".

Now, the only issue is who do we get to host that night, as oblisc (i believe) wasnt racing as crunch was the host......If oblisc has a solid connection and no regular issues, can he host, but not actually race.....
    @Oblisc thoughts ?

Cheers stu
    Oblisc likes this.
  10. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Well considering all other div's are not racing...you could have any other host, host on the night and just watch the race...
    Crunch likes this.
  11. pykeybraa145

pykeybraa145 Team Driver

PSN ID
    pykeybraa145
    #bloodyguttered, can't garuntee I'll be on this sunday 3 fu**ed up races is the end of me
    LiamBevBeauKon likes this.
  12. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Ok guys,

Just a pre race rant before the sprint round......Will be going in every thread to remind everyone we want "racing" not crashing !

This round will be bloody tough, only a couple of spots to make a genuine pass, remember you have to be along side to have the inside line to the own corner. Contact resulting in a spin or loss of position where you are not along side may result in a penalty, likely a drive through.

Please use your heads, so we dont have the monday morning protest :):):):) fight.

REMINDER, race medium tires : Reverse grid second race : Wear NORMAL.

@Oblisc ARE YOU RIGHT FOR HOSTING....

Stu
  13. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Hi Guys, at this point it doesn't look like I'll make this round but if I do, will try my best to stay out of everyone's way. Only practice I've had is changing nappies :)
    Ad2mny, WAC, Footlong_warrior and 3 others like this.
  14. Oblisc

Oblisc Rookie

Hi guys,

Im in Melbourne at the F1 with Rotor so no race for me unfortunately tonight :(

Really bummed I am missing the sprint round.

Best of luck to all participants tonight.
  15. Oblisc

Oblisc Rookie

Im happy to help out with this if it goes ahead @stucar17 just keep me posted if it happens.
  16. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
  17. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
  18. Footlong_warrior

Footlong_warrior Team Driver

PSN ID
    Footlong_Warrior twoinch_inya
  19. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    guys, just a general request for all drivers....Given the issues we have at the moment with the PD network can we please refrain from entering other division rooms till their race is finished....this will stop any potential issues with drivers being disconnected form their race and also stops the message bar from being activated disstracting the drivers.

Thanks stu
    VARDZ likes this.
  20. pykeybraa145

pykeybraa145 Team Driver

PSN ID
    pykeybraa145
    I WILL HOST TONIGHT <-------------