IRACING iRacing General

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by beau261, Sep 11, 2011.

1. ENFORCER_98

ENFORCER_98 Lead Foot Boffin

PSN ID
    ENFORCER_98
    yeah i was driving pretty agressively lol.... i'd already binned it twice lol i ended up getting back to 5th lol....
  2. colin-50_

colin-50_ Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    am now on 3.92
    tonight i will be on 4.00
  3. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Hey guys, just a reminder that if you have any Certificates of Achievement from iRacing, post a link or something, and I'll add it to the iRacing Official Series Hall of Fame

Jamie, did you get a cert for your Rookie Div v8SC Championship victory last season?
  4. JamieFookes88

JamieFookes88 Jamie Fookes

PSN ID
    JLF131188 J. Fookes (GT6)
  5. colin-50_

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    i have got my d licence
  6. beannie84

beannie84 Rookie

PSN ID
    beannie84
    Woohoo col, good stuff. Now do some timetrials or qualy in the mx5 in the grand touring cup to get that up to a c class licence. Then u can do v8s
  7. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Well done Col.

Jamie, can you load those first two certs up to your preferred image hosting site and give me those links. Otherwise, if I use the links you've given me, only currently logged in iRacing members will be able to see the certificates, even on our forums.

Or I can do it later, I just don't have access to photobucket at work.
  8. colin-50_

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    what number do you need to get your c licence
  9. colin-50_

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    i mean health rating
  10. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Same again. Always SR > 3.0 for monthly promotions, or SR > 4.0 for instant promotion, provided you have met your MPR (Minimum Participation Requirement)... so to get to C class you'll have to particpate in D class events to meet your MPR.
  11. colin-50_

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    thanks KoAStR
    how do i get to dclass time trials and events
  12. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Same as you're used to doing for Rookie series really.

1. You need an appropriate car and series - check iRacing Road Series, scoll down for D-Class. For road this season they are (* requires purchase):
      1. Caddi / Kia*[/*]
      2. Solstice / MX-5 / VW Jetta*[/*]
      3. Spec Racer Ford[/*]
      4. Mustang*[/*]
      5. Skip Barber*[/*]
      [/*]
    2. Press the + button on the series you're interested in to make sure you have, or purchase, the required track for this week.[/*]
    3. Then once you've decided what car and series you want to drive, find the series name in the drop down list top left of your window (above the service ticker, under the iRacing.com graphic). Or you can find it in the Race Guide. Click on it.[/*]
    4. Choose your next session, practise, TT, qual, race (as you'd normally do for rookie races).[/*]
  13. colin-50_

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    thank you m8
  14. JamieFookes88

PSN ID
  15. Neishy

Neishy Rookie

PSN ID
    NOS_neishy4a-gte
    Where do you find them Jamie? I still havnt seen mine for my div 3 win.
  16. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
  17. JamieFookes88

PSN ID
    look at Stats>Personal than scroll down until you see Certificates. They are there. You need to screenshot them and crop the certificate from the screenshot and upload to an image hosting site.
  18. JamieFookes88

PSN ID
    they had a monkey who wrote the physics
  19. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    :D Hi guys,i finally took the plunge and am absolutely hooked,GT5 comes so much easier after being on this. Only been racing with initial content,love that the races are a decent length. Starting to do ok,have had a couple of 5th's in the stockcar at USA speedway(short track),and today picked up a 3rd at Laguna Seca in the MX-5 roadster,had second but ran wide at the left hander to head up the hill to the corkscrew and blew that,i had 3.5secs on the guy behind,but i couldn't hold him off with the dirty tyres,Man it takes so much longer to clean up your tyres compared to GT5!!!! LOL,but i certainly don't miss the dropkicks in open lobbies,and network problems. Sony should let ppl pay for their own server if they wish & Polyphony should bring in a safety rating system that maybe takes your EXP backwards! Or at least penalises moron's!

I've applied to the ROOZ series run by Beau Cubis,but haven't got an answer,does anyone else run a league? I'm happy to buy necessary content,i just need 2 weeks notice cause i'm on a full time carers pension for my wife. Hope i might be able to get to the top and make a living out of it!!!! Maybe dreaming,but got to have a goal!

Cheers hope to hear from someone soon :) O:)
  20. hairybear

hairybear Rookie

i think i know what you mean, my lap times in Forza dropped considerably after i started on iRacing. problem is after iRacing, Forza doesn't get a whisker of my attention span anymore lol. then again the Forza series has been sliding backwards anway.
    by Beau's series i assume you mean the Clubman Cup? it's over now. there is a Legends series running though, just check the iR league thread here at the site. all the planned races in this series are standard package so don't worry about having to buy any extra content.
    the only other thing on the horizon is Beau is gauging interest in a enduro event. no specifics yet.

also post in the ROOZ iRacing drivers list thread here, it allows everyone to match your ROOZ id with your iR id.

and lastly to be able to race in any ROOZ leagues you'll have join the league at the iRacing site under the Leagues tab. just search for RaceOnOz and send a request. see you on the track :D