IRACING iRacing General

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by beau261, Sep 11, 2011.

1. colin-50_

colin-50_ Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    ah bones i need to get started
    what is the easiest and best way to get on the board as they say in regards to racing
    i need help please
    i want to get rock and rollin
    and whats about the legands race that is going on in raceonoz league
  2. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Hey Col,

http://insidesimracing.tv/forums/to...al-getting-started-and-obtaining-a-d-license/
    This link is for Insidesimracing.com iRacing Tutorial - Getting Started and obtaining a D License - and will give you a pretty well thought out run down on the best strategy to get to your D license.

Hope this helps mate.

I don't know how good this advise is but Saun and Darin know their stuff, so I am assuming this would be a safe bet for guidance in the matter.

;)
  3. colin-50_

colin-50_ Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    colin-50_
  4. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
  5. TheStig13

TheStig13 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    thestig-13
    Thinking of signing up to iRacing, however I don't have a credit/debit card that I can use online. Would I be able to sign up using a prepaid card?
  6. hairybear

hairybear Rookie

iRacing accepts Ultimate Pay which as far as i can figure out is a card ( like a xbox live card ) which can be used to buy software online. looks like 7Eleven stations have them.
  7. JamieFookes88

JamieFookes88 Jamie Fookes

PSN ID
    JLF131188 J. Fookes (GT6)
    Don't see why not. But you'll have to keep updating the details every time you want to renew.
  8. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

Thanks to some sweet overtime at work, i've now purchased Barber, Brands Hatch, Indy, Mid Ohio, Oran Park, Oulton Park, Road Atlanta, Sebring and Virginia. All the V8 & Grand Am. My theory will be to race the Riley after the V8 to restore the confidence the beast V8 takes away. Lol
  9. MADCAP

MADCAP Rookie

[​IMG]
    HODAK & NEISHY Battles Turn 1 Luguna

[​IMG]
    TeamRACEONOZ Pit party...
  10. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Great shots M8, love the 7 Rooz in a row, i think the other cars still out on track felt a bit intimidated when we all roared up behind them.
    Pity it was only in the last few laps of that session, we will have to do it again soon.
  11. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

Great shot of the glowing brake rotor. Not sure who was who. Neishy usually runs 86.
  12. ENFORCER_98

ENFORCER_98 Lead Foot Boffin

PSN ID
    ENFORCER_98
    Kodak Hodak is #76 and Keish Neish is #13
  13. Neishy

Neishy Rookie

PSN ID
    NOS_neishy4a-gte
    Yeh I'm 86 normally but I have to run 13 in the monthly OMR V8 series, keep forgetting to put it back.
  14. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Yer the rotor glow looks hot eh. :cool: pity rotor glow doesn't show on your own car in replays, just everyone elses. hope they fix that.
  15. MADCAP

MADCAP Rookie

YEAH whats with that - no Glow on own car jipped - but yes AE86 Master was playing with me last night - great pit party
  16. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

How come I got put in the second split with Enforcer . While Leigh and Jamie, both out-qualified me, got to race in the 3rd split. Leigh is a higher iRating too.
  17. OuttaAngst

OuttaAngst Rookie

Miki, the split is based purely on irating, and the irating you see after the race is after the +- points for the race have been applied. Before the race you had 1401 and Leigh had 1385. Unfortunately this put you above Leigh and into the bottom of the 2nd split and he was the top of the 3rd split.
  18. OuttaAngst

OuttaAngst Rookie

Qual time has nothing to do with determining splits.
  19. ENFORCER_98

ENFORCER_98 Lead Foot Boffin

PSN ID
    ENFORCER_98
    im very surprised i didnt have to pass you last nite miki lol... bones was waiting for me to kill my motor LOL
  20. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

Hey, I may be the current turtle of all the ROOZ teams. But i'm only 2 seconds off your pace. Strange though, I feel as though the enduro was great for me. Once i'm in a rythem, the lap times don't fluctuate much.
    @Outta. I didn't go back and look at the before race ratings. I should have checked. Cheers. :)
    @Enforcer. Were you a bit rough with the downshifts. I thought the only place where you need to use engine braking the most is for the first hairpin. I think it's just before Siberia?