IRACING iRacing General

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by beau261, Sep 11, 2011.

1. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    :) Cheers,i've found Beau's league and am registered,so i'll be in that when whatever kicks off,i'd be happy with a say 2 to 4 hr Enduro at Laguna Seca,in the Cadillac CSV for all,or the MX-5 and Pontiac Solstice combo that i've seen one of the other leagues run together,i'm not sure which MX-5 it is but i remember they had same HP(definitely) and weight(i think). That could be the first race of a series,and i think a few ppl would like to form teams,the other races could be at the other basic content road courses,including even Charlotte & USA international,if we were in the MX-5/Solstice's,though they might need to be shorter on time,or a straight lap count,and I'd be happy to host a room if we needed a few. Using fixed setups could provide a Div/Qually system like the ROOZ GT5 sunday night league,it seemed to work well enough! I'm not trying to take over,just a few idea's that definitely sound appealing to me! :p
  2. hairybear

hairybear Rookie

not sure about fixed setups for an enduro, driving for such a long stint i'd like to be able to change the car to make the distance comfortable for my racing style.
  3. JamieFookes88

JamieFookes88 Jamie Fookes

PSN ID
    JLF131188 J. Fookes (GT6)
    just put a fuel limit. the rest should stay open. Endurance racing with a fixed setup is annoying, imo
  4. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Good to hear you're enjoying it Dek!

We run all the ROOZ organised events through the League page created by Beau. A few of us are admins for the iRacing league, so if Beau's not around we can still get things moving. Hairy Bear's Legends series is running through that too.

+1 on everything you said about moving to iRacing... as for penalising morons in GT5 I thought making damage repairs post race cost you credits could also be a deterant. But unfortunately there will always be an innocent party.
  5. colin-50_

colin-50_ Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    i have my c licence what do i do now
  6. beannie84

beannie84 Rookie

PSN ID
    beannie84
    Time trials in v8 ;) get some practice in and join in the races

You can also do grand am series but you need to buy the McLaren
  7. colin-50_

PSN ID
    colin-50_
  8. colin-50_

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    i am a bit concerned
    i appllied to that colin v8 learning think
    which is now run by OSR
    Hi Col, I remember ya

I'm guessin your referin to joining the V8 development series? I initially started it up but gave it to OSR because they have 15yrs experience running things, I just help out where I can.
    i dont whether to join to learn or not as i want to stay with RACEONOZ
    i know i am not good enough yet
    but i dont want to jepedise any change for later postings
    can you help with what i need to do
  9. colin-50_

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    i also dont want to damage our friendship by doing that
  10. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Col you can join in any series run by other teams/groups. Few of the RaceOnOz guys already running in that development series and it is a good place to start to learn the V8. Neishy and I are in a OMR league that runs the real life V8 race schedule and the 2013 liveries. So join in that OSR development series you will love it, you don't loose SR or IR in these league sessions but you don't gain any either.
  11. colin-50_

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    thanks mate i just did not want to step on your toes as to speak and apprechiate all the help you can give
  12. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Like Bones said it's all good, you can particpate in any series you like as part of the ROOZ team.
    In fact it can be good exposure for guys to represent ROOZ in other league series.
  13. colin-50_

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    dont you need a rooz skin to do that though
  14. hairybear

hairybear Rookie

does that include cars other than the V8's. when i can i run in the InRacing News and Grand Touring Series' in a Solstice, sad i know but i have a lot of fun in it. i could make a livery in the vein of the V8's for it.
  15. beannie84

beannie84 Rookie

PSN ID
    beannie84
    hope i'm not speaking out of turn here, but i beleive your welcome to do any iracing series - if you choose to run a Rooz livery, thats great and like Koaster said, running the rooz name in other series would get our name out there.

the v8 series is the main series (from what i can gather) that Rooz as a whole like to participate in, hence the efforts of Frank's well done skins that we all use for it.

if you want to run a Rooz skin on other cars, just ask some of the guys (may also be hiding in one of the threads on the forum) - i've seen a few skins with the rooz flag flying around on other cars :)
  16. OuttaAngst

OuttaAngst Rookie

The v8 is the only car I have run with a ROOZ livery. As others have said, just race what you want. We are all here just to have fun, so don't feel any obligation to fly the flag if it gets in the way of the racing you enjoy.
  17. colin-50_

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    but i want to fly the ROOZ flag
    BUT I HAVENT GOT ONE TO FLY
  18. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Thats right Beannie, origionally ther4e wasn't enough RooZ guys to run our own leagues so we been running in other leagues and the organised time slot for the official races. We have got a reasonable number of racers now and can get a good turn out to our own league races but we still like to racein the other league races.
    The Rooz Skins are a good way of being easily recognised, this can be a good thing and a bad thing depending on how we treat It. If we got guys that constantly drive a good clean hard race (which we do) then you earn respect for RaceOnOz. If we got guys not respecting others, pulling out of pits infront of people, dive bombing, just Timmy Tooling in general you loose respect reel quick and its hard to get back. We have got a fairly good rep at the moment and if all guys in a rooz skin drive to the principle "to earn respect" we will be doing our bit for the Rooz community and our sponsors/
    So no need to rush into having a rooz skin while learning but if you think you are ready to represent this great club then by all means ask for a Rooz skin. I know Jamie asked if he could have a skin after he had spent a little time learning the car, and he is now winning races and some good exposure for the team.

Col have you got trading paints loaded on your PC, if you can get that done we have got a raceonoz rockstar skin you can use till you get up to speed, you can use it in the development series.
  19. colin-50_

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    no i havent but how do you down load trading paints
    i will load on the pc tonight when i get hope just tell me how and how i get the skin
    and i would not do anything intenctionly to damage the ROOZS name
    i would ware it proudly
    i will be on team speak tonight
  20. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR