AC Assetto Corsa - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by KoAStR, Apr 24, 2013.

1. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Might need to reinstall mate
  2. wookie_666

wookie_666 Rookie

So, I just set myself up with 3 27inch screens and simvibe with a buttkicker. I must say, makes for a very immersive experience. Sim vibe need more work for assetto corsa, but for IRACING, works well.
    Bring on monday night
  3. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    There are so many factors that could cause AC or Steam to crash.

It could even be something like a memory leak, which is often due to bad programming and builds up over time until a critical point is reached and memory allocation fails.
    Nothing to do with issues of the physical memory sticks in your PC, its more about the programmers code in the game not re-allocating memory properly.
    This could be one explanation why its fine for so long and then crashes. And it could just a certain object/car/track or part thereof that has dodgy code so it may only happen to some people running specific scenarios (you can see from this why it is so hard for developers to test every single permutation possible in testing).

If it happens to enough people they will ask for the log files and look for the common denominators, then release a patch.

Hope you get it sorted. Its a pain when something so random like this occurs, looming like a dark cloud.
  4. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    I've been going much smoother with the new PSU, and I upgraded my HDD to something bigger a few months ago so I keep it all together on one drive. In saying that I still have had a few crashes - but usually before I get in, or immediately after I get in a server. Generally once I'm in it's all fine. Don't think I have helped at all, might just go back to my hangover...
    Peter Wise, Mael and Cyber_STIG_77 like this.
  5. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    Call it in to the dev's over at the fourm @KoAStR if you post up your issue and give them your log's they will respond and have a fix or idea pretty quick even some of the usual members have been very handy with reading the log's and pin pointing the problem :thumbsup: hope it get's worked out soon mate :coffee:
  6. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Thanks guys.
    Did a couple of 25 lap races in the server yesterday arvo without any issue so fingers crossed.
    Will try again today and yea if it happens again will submit the logs to AC devs.
    Tovey_4saken likes this.
  7. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Err...and what sort of times where you getting? :whistling:
  8. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Don't ask, I doubt we want to know.

By the way lads, I did enjoy the run Thursday night and yes the last turn "sausage kerb" or bratwurst-knockwurst-bockwurst-smashwurst kerb is a problem on this track. Please work hard at getting a late apex and avoiding it please. If you are seen to be driving around it, ie going wide, you may cop a post-race penalty. Driving onto it is acceptable as long a 2 wheels stay on the black stuff. Avoid driving over it as the car becomes very unpredictable when bouncing over the top.

If you run wide or get pushed wide in a passing manoeuvre, then drive around it but you must not be seen to take advantage - eg I dive down the outside trying to overtake and run wide, I can drive around the kerb but the overtake is not valid so I ensure the other driver is still ahead of me. Or I dive up the inside getting my nose at least half way up the other car before breaking, there is no contact in the corner and the other driver stays on the throttle and runs wide around the kerb, they must ensure I am given that position. As is always the case, if there is contact then the driver in the wrong ensures they stay behind.

Also, very importantly on such a short track, close attention must be paid to the blue flag. I will be running 1 screen as I can't see the blue flag on 3. We have teamspeak so use it if you are approaching a lapped car, but be patient. Guys getting lapped, just wait for a straight and ease off the racing line and let the front runners through - don't drive off the road or try and give room around corners cause it is asking for trouble around here.

Finally, short track and short pit entry. Use teamspeak and keep an eye on the map and your mirrors when entering the track. You don't want to drive into the middle of P1 and 2 in the middle of an epic battle because Koastr will find you...he will, and when he does, oh boy, that hickey won't just wash off!?!?!

See you there lads!!
    KoAStR, Tovey_4saken and Driftoz like this.
  9. wookie_666

wookie_666 Rookie

Anyone going to be on tonight. Looking to get some laps in with the locals
  10. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    I think the server is not available tonight, but @Driftoz was going to try and run one from his PC. Don't know if that go off the ground though.
  11. wookie_666

wookie_666 Rookie

i ws running on driftooz server earlier. Not sure which it was though
  12. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Yea I am keen, I can see the server is up at the moment.
  13. Driftoz

Driftoz Team Driver Gold Member

the server which has been up today was my home server the dedicated servers are now running and should be fine for monday night
  14. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Will try and jump in later on and do a few laps. Tough track for overtaking.
  15. wookie_666

wookie_666 Rookie

Hey all. probably eaiser to ask this here. Looking at a more realistic wheel and pedal set for racing. I have the G27 with the GTEYE brake mod at the moment. The wheel diameter lets me down. I can pick up a Used T500rs with pedals, and the standard wheel rim plust the F1 wheel rim for under 600 bucks. Those of you in the know, is the t500rs a better feeling wheel with the diameter and belt drives or is it not much of an upgrade over the G27. Also, what about the pedals.

Cheers.
  16. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    I upgraded from a G25 to a T500rs with F1+458 rims about 12months ago. The difference is massive, the T500 has sooo much more power and much finer detail in the FFB. The pedals are also a significant upgrade with full metal construction and a factory " heavy brake mod " included.
    I purchased the t500rs Ferrari integral pack from the gamesmen then added the 458 GTE rim. The reason I did this was of the static shifters on the standard T500 pack, after years of using the dynamic shifters on the G25/27 wheels I just couldn't gel with the static shifters on the stock wheel rim. This is def worth considering when buying a T500.
  17. Driftoz

bit of fun me @KoAStR and @Fargonz had tonight have more funny footage but hdd crashed lol
    KoAStR, Fargonz, Mael and 2 others like this.
  18. wookie_666

wookie_666 Rookie

Cheers for that. I actually use the H shifter where possible, so I would need to get the shifter also. But for the t500 pack, its not a bad deal second hand on ebay. 550.
  19. colin-50_

colin-50_ Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    does assetto corsa work on the IMAC
  20. Driftoz

not sure probably not unless you can run a windows virtual machine but dunno how well it will run