AC Assetto Corsa - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by KoAStR, Apr 24, 2013.

1. Fargonz

Fargonz Rookie

It's in
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg
    Or
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\cfg
  2. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Thanks mate, that's what I thought but I couldn't find it last night. I did a search on the entire assetto corsa directory for "free" and nothing came up... like it's disappeared in the v1.1.6 update or something?

The other file "onboard_camera.ini" doesn't seem to have the setting I'm looking for.
  3. Fargonz

Fargonz Rookie

quite possibly..
    anyways.. create a note pad file and paste this in it
    [CAMERA_SETTINGS]
    ROTATION_SPEED=0.1
    ESC_DOF_FACTOR=1
    MOUSE_LOOK_SPEED=1
    MOVE_SPEED=7
    MIN_MULT=0.1
    MAX_MULT=3
    FOV=4.5
    EXPOSURE=35
    MOVEMENT_DELAY=0.2
    SPERICAL_COORDS=1
    save as camera_onboard_free.ini

see how that goes for ya
    KoAStR and WAC like this.
  4. Fargonz

Fargonz Rookie

sorry mate you want to set that sperical_coords to 0
  5. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Cheers thanks alot.... I will be sure to set spHerical_coords to 0 ;)
  6. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    [​IMG]

all is starting to take shape still alot of work on the roof and the textures will probably be swapped out :thumbsup: track it's self is almost ready for curb work :D
  7. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Looking good Tovey!!
  8. Mael

Mael Professional

A track for the people who can run the max graphic settings, still a work in progress (warning road side barriers are not solid!).
    Lake Louise
    Will make a excellent track for endurance races:D
    WAC and Anon666 like this.
  9. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    I know i shouldn't test drive a new track at 100% ...but nobody has told the P1 that - I have launched it off the same part of the mountain twice now lol - first time is pretty crazy (specially with triple screens)
    Think i might step into a reasonably priced car for this one...
    Thanks for the great link Mael - i get lost looking for what to download over there.
  10. Mael

Mael Professional

:laugh: First track where I ducked below the steering wheel!
  11. Mael

Mael Professional

I've been looking for a good rally game for a while and in great excitement bought the per-release of Codemaster's Dirt Rally.

:cry: What a disappointment, don't know if my FFB or other settings was incorrect but the cars did not handle as I expect them to. I learned to drive (slightly too fast :whistling:) on gravel roads and expected similar car behavior. I'm not giving up on Dirt but will mark it down as a work in progress and try again after a couple of months.

So just for fun tried one of AC's rally stages. What a hoot :thumbsup: . These are obviously non-official mods and needs a little more work, the trees are not solid for example.

Give the stage a try - Forest Rally
    There are a pace-note APP but did not try it.
  12. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    Try out this ffb mod it fixes some of the problems that the stock 1 has while codemasters re writes a new one :thumbsup:
    http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/ffb-tweak-no-void.104688/ also when you start each stage and get off the line pause then un pause and it gets rid of the twitchyness and imo the best car in the game that handles as it should is the group a imprezza :D wicked fun i will posting up a vid for a night run in the dirt rally section on here later :thumbsup: as for AC rally there was talks of soft ground physic's being implemented later on down AC's life cycle at the moment dirt is tread as tarmac by the engine then grip set way down to something like 0.4 :)
    Mael likes this.
  13. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
  14. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Good find Tovey. Will look at getting something sorted for season 3, might need to spend some of my free time doing that so we can get something up sooner rather than later. Will do some driving at some point...
    Tovey_4saken and WAC like this.
  15. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    I just had a crash in AC while offline, so that's a first after the two crashes during league races.

The crashes during the league races said AC.exe has stopped working etc... this one said something about C++.. I am updating the microsoft .NET framework to v 4.5.2 hopefully this will help and have already checked I have the 2013 version of C++ installed.

I read on the AC forums someone else having an issue with AC being installed on a different drive to their OS.... I recently moved my steam folder to another drive, all the mods and I was running out of space on my SSD. Others have said they run on a different drive with no issues... I hope this isn't it

I have verified my game cache etc. any other ideas?
  16. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    I've got all my steam data on a separate drive and it works fine, I get that same problem of "steam exe has stopped working" but it has only happened a couple of times in the last 6 months.
    did you only move your steam library ? Might be worth re installing steam + AC if it keeps dropping out:(
  17. wookie_666

wookie_666 Rookie

I have just moved mine. It hasn't crashed yet.
  18. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Yea just moved the steam library.. the weird thing is it's not until the games been running for an hour or so that it crashes.
    Followed the procedure on steam.
  19. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    might be a dodgie hdd ? Overheating and crashing ?
  20. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Mmm I hope not?!!
    I thought the various other measures had done the job today, after some practise in the server all was good. Then as I was typing a message from the pits I got the acs.exe has stopped working error again. Doh.