Division 3 Season 6

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, May 2, 2015.

1. Pughiez

Pughiez New Recruit

I was on my qually lap when the race started
  2. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    That is why they are refered to as "HANDBRAKES" they stop ya ...lol
  3. Jim_aka_The_Man

Jim_aka_The_Man Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jim_aka_TheMan
    Correct - WTF & Watto couldn't be in the same room.
    WTF's internet was lagging quite bad so he could not host properly.
  4. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I'll score him as 10th then.
    Blindman likes this.
  5. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    I'm shocked to come away with 2nd place at Apricot Hill. The last wet race I ever competed in was the Supra at Monza way back in I think Season 2 of the GT5 league, and I hated it!
    I didn't bother doing any practice here so I was expecting a horrible night.
    Qualified 8th, something like 1.5s off the pace, so everything was going as I had expected.
    Settled in to the race near the back but picked up a couple of places as people went off track. I was getting into something of a rhythm, not fast, but getting quicker, and not getting dropped too far behind.
    Because I did no practice I had no idea what tires were going to be like. Around lap 13 people started to pit, at that point I realised pitting seemed to be the accepted strategy, but my tires were still around 9 so chose to no-stop and see what happened.
    Around lap 20 I was in the lead with Crunch also no-stopping ~11s behind, everyone else had pitted. I was able to maintain the gap, and it didn't look like naacs and the rest of the field were gaining on him as fast as I would have expected. I started to get nervous as I thought I might have been in with a chance of a win. Tires were getting down to 7 and it was getting scary to drive, I wanted to pit so much!
    5 laps to go and naacs passed Crunch and my lead started to close.
    Cut the last chicane a little too close and got a 5s penalty which let naacs close right in. With 2 laps to go he easily got past as I had nothing to fight back with.
    Last lap, holding on to 2nd, with disturboed right behind I went defensive forcing him to attempt a dive around the outside coming into the last chicane. I knew we were side be side and I left room for the chicane, but turns out he wasn't even there, I was worried I'd hit him, but he'd gone too deep into the braking zone onto the grass.

Might have been much tighter with naacs at the end if I hadn't got the penalty, but he drove well and I'm very happy all the same; the car was a handful and very hard work, but I drove a smooth mistake free race and scored a podium on the round I expected the least from.
  6. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Flood if you have the replay of round 1 you can pause it at the time of WTF crossing the line recorded that time....then run it through until crunch crosses the line ...take a photo of the gaps then and everyone race time can be worked from there... just have the replay viewing from WTF and all the the gaps will be from 1st to last
  7. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  8. PZC_RSMike

PZC_RSMike New Recruit

What are the official rules for crossing the white lines with 4 wheels? I'm feeling there will be a bit of cutting on this next circuit, and wanted to iron out the rules now.

Is the rule for the track "white lines" or the tarmac?
  9. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

The general ROOZ rule with regards to track limits is that at least 2 wheels must remain on the curbs or within the white lines when there isn't a curb.
  10. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    IF your talking about the turn before the first tunnel, then yes, 2 wheels must remain over the white line. the concrete apron is not the track.
  11. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
  12. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    Division 3 Deep Forest Results

Pole: WTF_MAN

Race 1 Finishing Order
    [​IMG]
    9th WTF_MAN DSC Lap 5

Race 1 Fastest Laps
    [​IMG]
    WTF_MAN: 1:16.603

Race 2 Finishing Order
    [​IMG]

Race 2 Fastest Laps
    [​IMG]
    emmo46 likes this.
  13. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    Division 3 Deep Forest Overall Results
    Code:
    1. FloodSim     31.5pts (25 + 6.5)
    2. grassies     25.5pts (20 + 5.5)
    3. naacs        24pts (16 + 8)
    4. Carbonfibre  23pts (13 + 10)
    5. WTF_MAN      19.5pts (7 + 12.5)
    6. Jim          16pts (11 + 5)
    7. McCracken    13.5pts (10 + 3.5)
    8. PZC_RSMike   13pts (9 + 4)
    9. disturboed   12.5pts (8 + 4.5)

I think this is right but I'm sure the results guys will double check
    emmo46 and grassies like this.
  14. Watto64

Watto64 Rookie

Well done to the podium in both races.
    I had a night to forget but that's racing I guess.
    Next week, can Jim host from the start as his room seemed pretty solid and we can start on time. No disrespect to WTF but that's couple of weeks in a row where we've had connection issues and dsc's.
    grassies likes this.
  15. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Well done flood, another good night for ya.

It was a night to forget for me, but nothing that i wasn't expecting. Hadn't managed to get any practice in at all so was way off the pace right from the start. Couple that with multiple mistakes in race 1 and i finished well behind the entire field.

Race 2 i managed to hang with the front runners for a few laps, but ended up back down the order quick enough. That and my shoulder/back were locking up on me as my chair has started to fall apart!
  16. X-WTF_MAN-X

X-WTF_MAN-X Team Driver

PSN ID
    X-WTF_MAN-X
    I'm so pissed, had a 3.5-4 second gap to second in race 1 and my brother restarted the Internet, but started from P1 in race 2 and won that, but next week is Nurburgring, I know that track like the back of my hand and love it, it's a bit different to a race car on racing softs but I can manage :)
  17. Jim_aka_The_Man

Jim_aka_The_Man Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jim_aka_TheMan
    I might be unable to race next round. :(
  18. X-WTF_MAN-X

X-WTF_MAN-X Team Driver

PSN ID
    X-WTF_MAN-X
    Well my first room was fine until everyone got disconnected and the second one was really bad so I don't know what's up
  19. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
  20. Pughiez

Pughiez New Recruit

Thats when the room :):):):) itself. At the start of qually. Then we all rejoined and they were talking about making another room. Thats when i had enough and left. Its all too late at night for me to be playing around.