GT6 Division 1 Season 7

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Aug 24, 2015.

1. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    I am in the wrong div.....
  2. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I'm sure you do just fine, most of the guys are from the old div 2 where your pace has been.
  3. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

How'd I end up here again?!
    I may have to strain relations with the g/f and do some practice this season!

I Don't particularly want the embarrassment of Qualifying 2secs off div.1 pole.. . . cyas tonight.
    JonoStan96 and seth123 like this.
  4. damo_heato

damo_heato New Recruit

I'm gonna have to give today a miss sorry guys. Injured my leg a few days ago and I can hardly move :(
  5. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Race 1: Pole and FL: Dan
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  6. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    An absolutely epic race, I never expected to qualify 3rd after I had done virtually no practice.

I made a perfect start unlike warrior who jumped the start. Thankfully the run down to turn 1 is long, so I was able to use my extra speed to take the holeshot ahead of Dan. However I knew with the über long main straight I wasn't going to hold onto the lead for very long. Dan's pace on lap 2 meant the battle was over, and now warrior had recovered to 3rd. We had a great battle, toing and froing for many laps until he broke the slipstream. Our battle meant Seth, who was doing a great job on his Div 1 debut, was now just behind me. I had the legs on him on the hard tyre, but I made the critical error of pitting at least 2 laps too early in response to warrior's stop.

Traffic meant I lost several seconds while the auto drive had a spaz, the point made when Seth had actually closed the gap upon exiting the pits, despite the enormous power of the undercut. Now that he was in my slipstream on fresher tyres, I knew that even though I had better pace, keeping him behind would have been near impossible. I was forced to puch harder than I would have preferred, and this ultimately killed my race. Seth and I had a truly titanic battle, but eventually I had to let my teammate by and accept the inevitable. Lap 22 is absolutely insane for those interested in watching the battle, pushing each other to the limit.

As soon as Seth got ahead, he was gone. My left front was hurting badly, and I had to just nurse it home. It was a shame to fall so far back after leading, but turrning my nose up at a 4th in this field is stupid. Huge congrats to Dan on the dominant victory, warrior for scoring 2nd after a stressful morning and most of all to Seth for scoring a podium on debut in Div 1, a stunning achievement.

Cheers, Jono.
  7. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    @emmo46 when will we know who is 1A and 1B?
  8. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Sorry, I had them marked in the OP but have overwritten it with the chart.
    A - TRL-holl01, Warrior, N64TheStg007, R0T0R_AU86, mustafur, Razor4797, TRL_Beau.
    The rest are div 1B
  9. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    I knew I didn't have the pace, but was looking forward to having some good battles. Unfortunately, I was looking at names popping up in the top corner of the screen rather than a stationary Mustafur on the start line lol. Got pretty bad damage and lost 8 secs. After a few laps caught back up to the battling group, but after making a move on Nat, got lag punted and car lit up like a Christmas tree, engine damage again. The field had started to spread out by now, so had a very boring race just lapping by myself :( Hopefully next week will be a lot better!

Well done to the podium... It looked close, with new FL upon new FL being set :)
  10. MetalGear9493

MetalGear9493 Team Driver

PSN ID
    MetalGear9493
    Made a late adjustment to the brake balance to 4/6, as I wasn't happy with how the car was refusing to co-operate under braking at turn 3, happy with the result and subsequently snared pole. Start worked out quite nicely with warrior jumping the start, but Mario Kart had other ideas and grabbed the lead by the end of the opening lap, however it was short lived though as I retook the position around the outside at turn 1, and from then on I managed to stabalise the race, building about a 4 second lead coming into the pit stop window.

I was unfazed by warrior's early pit, and was confident of neutralizing his undercut attempt. After pitting, topping up with 15 litres, and slipping on some softs, I found myself retaining P1 by a similar margine. I started figuring out how to effectively use the rumble strips on the insides by letting the rear rotate the car when powering out on them, almost like a sling shot effect, and this had the added bonus of preserving the fronts.

I was able to maintain pretty consistent solid lap times for the majority of the final stint, hitting 32's for the first half and 33's right up untill the final lap where the only 34 was driven. Hope to have some more exciting races in this farewell GT6 championship, cheers!
  11. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Good racing last night, cant wait for next week
  12. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Cheeky Stig
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  13. Russell

Russell Professional

PSN ID
    BigChopperDog
    My worst qualify and race yet. Could not get into any rhythm. I was almost a second off my own practice times when qualifying, followed up by an even worst race. Still look like some good racing all. Can not wait till we get past these first 2 races.
    AOCleaner74 likes this.
  14. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    way way to fast Dan, well done for taking a clean sweep. Your going to be extremely tough to beat this season with performances like that.

Really happy to walk away with a second place finish after some uncharacteristic mistakes. Firstly the jump start and later on with the loss of power from halfway after forgetting the oil change.

Despite my mistakes, the race was very enjoyable highlighted with the great battle with Jono. After quite a few laps I was finally able to brake the draft and focus my attention to Dan, but he was now 3.5 seconds ahead. I just couldn't match his pace and when it was time to stop the plan was always Lap 13 to have a empty pitlane more than anything.

During the second stint I started to noticed I was losing time to Dan in the flat out final sector, and it was getting worse every lap which now meant I was a sitting duck, Luckily at the time I had a big gap to 3rd but it was shrinking fast. With 3 laps to go I didn't know I could hold of seth and thankfully the race was 29 laps as seth would have got me on the next. Looking forward to next week now to put in a better performance.
    Ad2mny, seth123, skywalker and 5 others like this.
  15. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    Congrats to Dan on getting the triple, well done mate!
    I was a bit surprised with my pace last night, I honestly thought I would be way off the pace and last place had my name on it! But to qualify 6th in this field was a big surprise. Got away well and ended up in 4th after the first corner. Managed to stay with the pack and cheekily got past Seeeth into 3rd only to have him pass me a lap later. Then Razor and Rotor came past and I honestly thought that they would pull away, but I stuck right on their tailpipes for quite a few laps with WTF and Mustafur closing in on us.
    As the tyres wore down I found that I have a serious problem with my pace compared to the rest of the pack even tho our tyres were showing the same numbers.... So as the hard stint was getting to a close Nebneb had closed in on me. We both pitted at the same time and I was about 3 secs behind the battle of WTF, Mustafur and Razor as I exited with Rotor splitting us once he made his stop. I kept the gap the same until the tyres started to drop off and yet again I found that my pace was not up to their level.
    With 3 laps to go Nebneb found his way past me and that is where I finished.
    Was a great race and a honour to be up against you aliens! ( Seeth, you are now one of them! )
    Now just need to work on keeping pace when the tyres are worn.....
    Ad2mny, warrior2167, Ben78 and 5 others like this.
  16. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    A race I really enjoyed!

Without any practice at all in the car or track or time to sort a race strat, I really had to wing it.. I thought I would at least get a few mins practice in, however the bloody PS3 needed a update... I got in the room just as qualy was starting. Having no time on track to my surprise I put the car on P11, and thought I could of put it up a touch higher than that.. I knew I had my work cut out for me and I had to adjust quickly...

The start was messy from where I was, Luke going up the back of Luke... haha I was able to make my way up the field. It took me 3 laps to get into rhythm, then started pulling in the other guys AO, WTF, and a few others... I started to do someover taking however I was struggling in the tight S's and struggled to break the draft from a few guys so i was always defending... I was planning on copying warrior going into the pits however he went so early I didn't know what to do, I didn't know how long the softs would last, I was pulling in seeth and jono, however they pitted also.. I stayed out... that was a big mistake. I ended up loosing out so much time, they where way down the track. even with Mustafur in front of me... I ended up catching towards the end however, I knew Mustafur being Mustafur and his pro leaning skills he wasnt going to make it easy for me... and he didn't... I don't know how many times he touched me, I thought he maybe wanted a kiss or something.. lol but in the end he finally out broke himself into T1, which i knew he would do :p

Brought it home for 5th, which i guess was ok having i done zero prac for this race..
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2015
  17. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    I had basically no practise going into this race, managed to qualify 5th which was ok but my hot lap was ruined in a battle.

As i was positioning my feet for the start I lifted off the brake and got a massive jump penalty which sent me last, unfortunately Skywalker found the back of my car as he wasn't able to see me.

From there on it was about trying to get my self as far up the grid as possible to limit damage, after about 10 laps i was in 6th behind Rotor and holding steady, untill i made a few errors before my pitstop.

After thr pitstop i was able to pump out hot laps and build a big advantage over WTF, then i hit the tyre barrier hard at T1 and did major damage to the car and costing me huge time, i knew at this point it would be very hard to hold off Rotor at the end as i needed the overlap to keep the advantage,. And in lap 28 he was all over me, i tried my best to defend but it was really hard with next to no front rubber left and i was understeering all over the place. Then going into T1 I thought i would trick him after he went for a defensive line to block my move by going on the inside of him but i wasnt able to slow the car quick enough to make the corner and he got by.

From there on it was all about holding onto 6th for dear life as WTF was right behind with slightly better rubber, i was able to just hold him off and nab 6th by whisker.

Overall happy with the pace, not happy with the result, my jump start penalty basically ruined my hopes for the podium as passing here is difficult and costs loads of time.
  18. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Ladders and Results Tables have been updated with provisional results, pending Div 3 protest resolution
    seth123 likes this.
  19. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    Guys just a reminder to take care at turn 1. I don't want to see anyone being forced into the barrier and then have to deal with any protests.
    AOCleaner74 likes this.
  20. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

SO !
    Unlike last week, I've actually done some practice/homework for this round.
    Unfortunately for me & possibly everyone else, I'm typing this from a local bar, starting on my 5th pint, so.. . . you know.. . stuff.
    skywalker, R0T0R-AU86 and Russell like this.