PCARS Division 2 - Season 1

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by Clevohead, Aug 26, 2015.

1. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    First race - Full Points
    Second race - Half points
    Combine total points, then apply normal race points to finishing order of combined points.
    Noxrai likes this.
  2. 0i8u2

0i8u2 New Recruit

Sux you can be taken out first corner in race one, do sort of ok in race two and end up with stuff all points.:)
    Do most of you guys use assist, abs in particular ?
  3. Killercarlcox69

Killercarlcox69 Professional

PSN ID
    Killercarlcox69
    Yes . ABS plus Traction control . What are you using ?
  4. 0i8u2

0i8u2 New Recruit

Cheats :D
    I don't run any assist. I guess I'm just old school if you know your way around a track you shouldn't need assist.
    Each to there own, it does make me feel a bit better knowing though.:)
  5. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    I run ABS, I don't think I could do without it. No stability or traction control for me.
    I use to use auto gearbox but last few weeks I've been on the manual gearbox... strangely I've been saving a ton of fuel even when I hit the rev limiter all race. I also keep the track guide on, I use it to start with to learn the tracks with the different cars but never get around to turn it off
    TheJuzzy and Clevohead like this.
  6. 0i8u2

0i8u2 New Recruit

I run manual gears but no guide line. Made it hard last night when someone took out my braking makers on a few corners. :D
    All the assist are set to off not real. I was pretty happy with myself last night, when we went into qualifying I only had a few hours practice and managed to get into 6th. When we first started practicing I started with high .13's.
    The only reason I asked about the assist is in one of the races Jim was a fair way back on the main straight, I was watching him so when he got close I could get out of the way. Before I knew it he was right beside me, I nearly turned into him. Mind you there was a bit of lag when he passed his car was jumping around in front of me.
  7. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    I'm suprised people use the guide line that should definitely be banned not even proper racing to be guided round the track. Should piss traction and auto gears of too get the whole field to run the same. Just an opinion though nobody get offended
  8. Jim_aka_The_Man

Jim_aka_The_Man Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jim_aka_TheMan
    I usually run line guide in prac, (forgot to turn it off before Rd1), did the same in GT6.
    Gears doesn't bother me what people use, personally I find manual is far better.
    As for TCS, ABS & Stability, if we are running the same regulations as GT6 then ABS is allowed, TCS is allowed, Stability isn't.
  9. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    There was no traction in gt6 or any aids except abs
  10. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    Only aids allowed in gt6 are abs and traction control. Everything else is prohibited
  11. 0i8u2

0i8u2 New Recruit

Hope I haven't opened a bag of worms here.
    I was just wondering what ppl are running and was curious cause you court and passed me in a blink of an eye, but that could well have just been lag or my poor driving. Most probably the latter :)
    Personally I don't care what ppl run. It's all for fun. This is my first time in league like this and I'm loving it. Doesn't bother me coming last as long as I have fun and don't ruin anyone's race I'm happy.
    It's better to come last trying, than to come first by a mile. IMO.
    We have a great group of guys with some good clean racing. Can't ask for more than that.
    Killer with his coke addiction, still not 100% convinced it's cola where talking about :D
  12. Noxrai

Noxrai Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    I run all my settings on real.
    If the real cars/drivers use abs, traction control then so do I. If they don't, I don't.

The gt3 series like Blancpain series all use abs and adjustable traction control. They are all not lesser men for doing so.
    TheJuzzy and Killercarlcox69 like this.
  13. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Once again, I apologise if my first corner mishap disadvantaged you in any way.
    If it's any consolidation, I penalised myself by waiting for the entire field to pass before heading off again.
    For those that have raced against me regularly in the past, know this is not how I normally run and can expect clean and fair racing when coming up against me.

Your replay shows me as #85 at the first corner take down and then goes to show my actual car, #25, ghosted on the starting grid every time you came back onto the front straight.
    jasondull1986 likes this.
  14. 0i8u2

0i8u2 New Recruit

In real life the abs is only a fail safe, if you were to look at a pro drivers brake telemetry in most cases it will not have kicked in unless there's been change in track conditions, oil, rain ect...
    In a game ppl use it to its full effects and take advantage of it by braking as hard and late as possible. TCS is similar ppl will push harder knowing they have it on. It doesn't bother me if ppl use it but at the end of the day if you do use it and your capable of driving without it then your only cheating yourself. IMO.
  15. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    Yeah something happened with a couple of the liveries for the reply, I think that happened due to a disconnect. Was kinda weird watching it after the race haha
    Killercarlcox69 and TheJuzzy like this.
  16. 0i8u2

0i8u2 New Recruit

17. Noxrai

Noxrai Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    I'm going to have to disagree with you there. In heavy braking zones, pro drivers will be on the absolute edge and they will feel the abs kick in. They may lift a micron, but they will use every ounce of grip the tires will let them. If they are not, then they are either conserving their tires or not pushing hard enough.
    TheJuzzy likes this.
  18. 0i8u2

0i8u2 New Recruit

I'm not going to argue with you over it. You can't really compare the programming of an $80 game with a $100,000 plus race car ABS system.
    The point I was trying to make is ppl rely and take advantage of it to its fullest in games. Just go back to page 9 post #173 watch jizzys hot lap. You can see he is just jamming the brake on full in the telemetry in hard braking areas. You can even start turning in while still braking hard. you simply can't drive a real race car like this and the ABS system doesn't work like this, you still have to feel the brake.
    I just don't think you should be using assist if you can push out consistent laps. Again just my opinion.
    TheJuzzy likes this.
  19. TheJuzzy

TheJuzzy Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    TheJuzzy
    I
    It's called trail braking 0i8u2, V8 Supercars driver's have done it for year's ,Porsche Carrera cup car drivers do it too , it keeps the nose of the car planted during turn in . So next hot lap I do I'll do it with no ABS to show how trail braking works .
    VARDZ and Noxrai like this.
  20. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

I would also like to point out you feel the wheels looking up through the brake pedal in a real car. My t500 pedals dont do that yet
    TheJuzzy and SuiCid3 like this.