GT5 Super GT Series

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by leeboy910, Mar 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    I found most of them handle pretty well...

I chose the Lexus because it's a bit different (to the usual Supras, GTR's and NSX's) and because the first race car I ever got in a GT game was the Denso Supra :) bit of nostalgia! It handles really well and responds very well to any tuning.

I shaved about a second off my lap times around Autumn Ring just by playing with the camber and dampers!
  2. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    I've tested a bunch.
    Calsonic GTR
    Yellowhat GTR
    ADVAN GTR
    EPSON NSX
    ARTA NSX
    and Yellowhat Supra,

The GTR's are the pick of the bunch imo. Except for the ADVAN one, it is widely regarded as the worst gt500 car in the game simply because of its notorious oversteer, seemingly incurable oversteer in fact. And it is for this reason alone that i've considered using this car. I would love the challenge.
    I'm not gonna go with the yellowhat gtr or the calsonic gtr because these two are easily the fastest, according to my testing.

I'll be doing more testing tonight if anyone is interested. It'll most probably be at laguna seca or autumn ring.
  3. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    My two cents worth,
    I dont mind too much how this is structured so long as i'm racing against the best of the bunch. I want the biggest challenge possible otherwise i'm likely to lose interest fairly fast. I would like as much competition as possible too, lots of depth. Maybe just split it into 2 division and be done with it.
  4. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    No surprises there.

Ha I love your logic Beau! Hopefully I'll see you out for a test session tonight.
  5. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    Lol, Yeah.
    It's not longer "seemingly incurable" I just worked it out. Its a weight distribution issue. Yeah hope to catch ya later koastr.
  6. carn_the_pies

carn_the_pies Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    is tiggles better than you beau
  7. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    Well, we will have to see. Hopefully he will compete in one of the seasons. He is good though. Definately worthy of div 1 in terms of raw speed.
  8. carn_the_pies

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    he said hes gunna do super gt but cant make sunday racing
  9. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    good stuff.
  10. lunz

lunz New Recruit

gonna have to pull out of this (damn). Just got no time to dedicate to testing and racing during the week
  11. TurboEvilOwner55

TurboEvilOwner55 New Recruit

Good practice last night. Seemed to spin on the first lap every time
    Didn't matter too much as I was a good 4 secs per lap off the pace. Need to find some speed!
  12. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Try turning your LSD initial torque value down. If it's only happening on cold tyres your LSD Accel / Deccel should be OK.
  13. TurboEvilOwner55

Yeah ok thanks Koastr,might try that tonight.So would you turn it down by half/quarter ?
    The other funny thing I found last night even when trying higher PP cars It didnt seem to change the lap time by much at all! Seems the GT cars are very suited to the ring.Good corner speed. was more important.
  14. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Default setting is already reasonably low so just try a couple of points at a time (unless you've turned it up at some other time). This will help make the car less 'twitchy'.

I assume you're spinning under power out of corners, so if intial torque adjustment isn't enough try decreasing the Accel value as well. You can turn this down by 5 - 10 points at a time. But watch your tyre indicators, and if the inside wheel starts lighting up red when powering out of corners, you've turned your acceleration diff locking % down too low.
  15. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    I haven't noticed a lot of inside wheel spinning...

I have adjusted my driving style since playing GT5 though...I've started turning in a bit earlier from a wider position.
    Basically this is making the car turn less (less lock needed to get around the corner) and my tyre wear is less as well...except when I light up the rears :lol:

I've been waiting for an opportunity to race with tuning...means I can tip the scale back in my favour a bit and set up for my driving style :)
  16. TurboEvilOwner55

Thanks Koastr
    Will try tuning the diff tonight see if it makes any difference. :cool:
  17. carn_the_pies

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    hey lee lostondrugs said he messaged ya?
  18. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    Whats the grid looking like leeboy? have we got a decent turnout
  19. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
  20. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    Yeah i seen that. I was wondering what the official turnout is, seeing as though its past friday
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.