[COMPLETE] ROOZ AC Season 4

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, Sep 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  2. Pete

Pete Rookie

Anon666, Sun Levi and Tovey_4saken like this.
  3. zampli

zampli Team Driver

thanks for race guys, happy to get win #2:)
    wasnt sure if i could get pole once pete put a quicker time up, but just managed to snatch it, didnt feel especially quick or nailing all the apexes tbh, but it seems at this point just getting it thereabouts and keeping consistent is good enough.
    on the third restart, mimicked my start from the first one (second wasnt so good) and just held it there through till the end.
    Anon666 and S_CLOSE like this.
  4. DarkAce

DarkAce Geoff Vincent

PSN ID
    darkace_123
    Hi all, sorry to do this to the team but will have to pull out for the rest of the season as the starting times are just too late for me (up at 4:30am for work). Hope you can get someone to fill in my spot on the Oilers. Thanks for the racing, and ........ 'I'll be back'. At some stage.
  5. DarrenO

DarrenO Team Driver

Bad luck Geoff, hope to see you round later.
  6. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Thanks for letting us know Geoff. Hope to see you sooner rather than later man.
  7. Mael

Mael Professional

Hey Anon what is the policy on leaving the track limits for the next race? There is a couple of places where I think cutting the track may be advantageous or at least help a driver in not losing a place.

The situation I thinking about is say a driver runs wide, does not loose time but in the process also does not loose a place to the driver just behind him. Should he give the position up or not?
  8. David Brister

David Brister Team Driver

well after watching some of the quick guys go past me at Barcelona, and on the last corner they ran wide to get a better line, while i was staying within the track, i wonder how much faster i could have gone.
  9. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    Things do get complicated when run off's are involved like Barcelona and misano has but basically two wheels within lines but in a run off case at least two on the curb that is usually placed on them
  10. Pete

Pete Rookie

On a technical note the server is configurable as to the number of wheels out off the track is considered leaving the track. It also logs these events. Normally our severs are set to 4 wheels off track.
    Realistically how would track cuts be enforced?
    Some one will say plp which quite frankly is an honour system anyway. And needs a mod track to have track bounds set correctly.
    My point is think about the complexity that is added to the situation when regulation is added. Like tovey said

Maybe we should have a dedicated driver steward for each race, that can issue penalties. also consider putting limits on the amount of testing teams can do and force everyone to drive quite cars with electric motors in them. *jokes*
    Tovey_4saken and Anon666 like this.
  11. Mael

Mael Professional

Which is sort of why I was asking, I want to know if I should let somebody go by if I maintained my position by going wide which is quite likely considering my driving ability :D

In F1 you not allowed to maintain your position by leaving the track whereas in V8's you allowed 3 chances like cutting chicanes as far as I know.
  12. zampli

zampli Team Driver

the widest i ran is max maybe two wheels on rumble strip but im pretty sure i mostly kept with two wheels within white line
  13. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Yea guys we generally consider that the rumble strip is part of the track, therefore so long as you have two wheels on the rumble strip you are good. 9 times out of 10 pushing further will see you hit the sausage curbs or a low grip strip/grass anyway so mostly it's still governed by the track limits design and somewhat self regulating with this approach.

Remember the ruling first race last season in the GT86 on the final chicane at Thruxton I think? The white line ruling there would have been way too conservative and the sausage curbs were a clear visual inside boundary, as if they didn't throw you around enough anyway!
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2015
    Anon666, DarrenO and Cyber_STIG_77 like this.
  14. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    And a bit more background on in game penalties: they are great for hotlap leaderboards and public lobbies but in league races with big grids of competitive standard and repsectable drivers we dont want to see people getting penalised twice in the event of avoiding or getting caught up a genuine racing incidentt which is often penalty enough. Also they can be a little inconsistent on mod tracks especially. So for the AC league they are relaxed- which is not to say that corner cutting is acceptable or tolerated just that in game penalties ate not the best way to deal with it if it happens. I dont think we have yet seen a cutting protest in all four seasons of AC which is a credit to all.
    Anon666, Cyber_STIG_77 and zampli like this.
  15. Steve Crossland

Steve Crossland Team Driver

The team points are nice & close this time around...
  16. Steve Crossland

Steve Crossland Team Driver

Yeah I saw this too quite a bit, at times guys were completely outside the lines of the track. I was staying within because when I would leave, or run across that outside area to take the corner it was changing my line due to the slight bump, so I was not using it.
  17. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    K has covered our policy with this. We may update it at some point, but I don't have the time to watch 36 cars run 20+ laps to ensure there has been no corner cutting. The PLP is the only system that works imo, but like K has said what if you are the innocent party or you run wide with lack of tyre grip and loose a heap of time...do you cop a 30 sec penalty as well?? In selecting tracks I try and avoid ones where there are obvious cuts. Last week there were a few spots you could run wide and use the run off a bit, but there is less grip out there and my FL's were all done within the white lines.

PS - sorry I've been MIA this week, but a combo of work, the wife needing the PC and having a gastro bug have all but killed me. Hope to be on a bit over the weekend if the cork holds...
    KoAStR and David Brister like this.
  18. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    try to avoid that splash and dash
    Mael and Anon666 like this.
  19. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    OK lads, finally had a chance to run some laps earlier today and yes there are a few areas where you can go wide or straight line certain corners. As Koastr has said, the ROOZ COC states that 2 wheels must remain on the track/rumble strip at all times. The catch with this track is that there seems to be limited cost in running wide, with the off track grip surprisingly good. In saying that, I did probably 30 laps and my fastest laps were all within track limits - getting too wide upsets the flow and if you go too far the grass here is like ice. If you feel someone has cut or gone wide beyond what is acceptable, please PM Pete or myself depending on your room and we will look into it.

Now, speaking of COC, there has been a few questions asked about driver conduct this season which have not resulted in any formal complaints thankfully, and I would like to keep it that way. The areas of concern are the usual things that cause problems. Race starts - T1 is where the race is lost, not won. If there are 3 restarts, then we will move to a rolling start. Single file, 3 car distance, 100-120kph until the last corner when the lead car will begin the race. Overtaking - There is only one Kamui Kobayashi, and it's not you. In cars like this, and tracks with this level of complexity, there needs to be some patience. Mistakes will be made and doors will open, so let's use race-craft and nouse not dive bombs and panel beating.

Nuff said, let's get out there and have some fun. Good luck all and go Gamesmen!!
  20. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.