GT5 Super GT Series

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by leeboy910, Mar 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carn_the_pies

carn_the_pies Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    number one driver in the kitty litter
  2. OuttaAngst

OuttaAngst Rookie

3. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    I see your lounge had 8, we had 8 finish in our lounge...

I say next week we have one lounge with all 16 in it.
    I won't be racing as I've got work commitments, but Stumbles said he is good to host.

One big lounge should make for more fun and battles right thru the field.

Thoughts??
  4. carn_the_pies

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    looks like a good battle there OA. 1.1 seconds must have been close.
  5. Trustfire

Trustfire New Recruit

hey guys, just want to apologise I joined leeboys room last night not realising this was your first championship race. The room was called Super GT Testing. I was gonna just come in for a few laps. Within 2 or 3 laps or so, the race started and I was like oh k, see how we go. I ended up leaving the race about 7 laps in as the car I had was not set up correctly and was violently tail happy and mincing tyres, kinda glad I did as when I left i saw the other room had similar numbers. I was like ooooh ffuuuu- this is the actual race. I know i was involved in a tussle with a couple of you at the start of which i think someone ended up worse for wear. I hope this didn't disrupt the championship too much.
  6. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Good race last night was enjoyable. I got third in qualifying 1.4 sec off the amazing Beau and that was as good as it got for me. Made a few mistakes went to the back made me way back to 5th, was good hard clean fight with many under over passes, then made a couple more mistakes in the worst of spots had to wait for traffic to pass to re-enter the track without causing to much grief. Disappointed in my consistency efforts but really excited about the type of race these cars and tracks provide. Will be more competitive next round (i hope) just need to get my consistency back, a feww less beers might help (had 1 too manny i think by time race started).
    Congratulations to 1stBeau 2ndOutta and 3rd Neverenough for the podium finish in the first race.
    New track next week and a new set up i guess, any setup tips for this track whould be appreciated, so if those good at setups could share their setups or even just give hint on the right direction to go.
  7. carn_the_pies

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    koastr gave me some good tips with the LSD settings.
    but that may change for this track.
    i turned down the intial torque and accell sensitevy and it handled alot better
  8. OuttaAngst

OuttaAngst Rookie

Beau was taking it a bit easy, so I can't take too much credit for only being 1 sec down. I had a pretty good quali, about .6 off beau. But I know beau had another half second in him. Got a great start into first for the first corner, then beau and I swapped positions for the next 25 laps.

I was far to brutal on my front tyres, always trying to carry too much speed through the corners scrubbed them up pretty bad, in the end I was below 50% at the front. Was a fun race though.

What were the results and race time of the other room. Will be interesting to see what everyones pace was like.
  9. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    I'll watch the reply tonight and grab a photo of the timing screen for leeboys room.

Good racing last night, I'm stoked to be on the podium. Managed a 1:12.0 in the race, 8 tenths quicker than I had gone in practice.
  10. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    :lol:
  11. sidfire1

sidfire1 Rookie

Good Race. Enjoyed it thoroughly and was keeping it on the track - just one little hiccup on the last few laps but I had a considerable lead from the rest of the pack pretty much early on. Good start by KoastR,

I qualified 3rd overall , but had a really good start for the race and jumped to 2nd right from the Onset and kept it there. Quite happy with my overall performance and consistency.

Koastr was a phenom, was hard to keep follow him, although I managed to for the first few laps of the race until he pitted..

my pit strategy was to be flexible and so I set my in race map to view scale so I can see KoastR in front of me and follow him as well when he pits..

good race. I finished 2nd.. quite comfortably in the reply, but not without intense concentration and sweat.
    and should add this:.. (kind of like the podium interview lol) - Thank you Beau. I am sure you will be happy to hear this - I finished 2nd :) many thanks for your tips you know what... my best lap was in the the 1:11's.

btw, waiting on the overall results - thank you stumbles for being the sport that you are :) looking forward to it.
  12. xNeVeR_eNoUgHx

xNeVeR_eNoUgHx Brett

one big lounge would be AWESOME
  13. TurboEvilOwner55

TurboEvilOwner55 New Recruit

+1 for the big lounge.
  14. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
    Last nights results

1st. KoAStR
    2nd. sidfire1
    3rd. Stumbles
    4th. leeboy910
    5th. Darko
    6th. TurboEvilOwner55
    7th. carn_the_pies
    8th. jontank5

Fastest Laps

KoAStR 1:11.499
    sidfire1 1:11.837
    leeboy910 1:11.891
    Darko 1:11.915
    Stumbles 1:12.093
    TurboEvilOwner55 1:13.461
    jontank5 1:13.827
    carn_the_pies 1:13.987

Congrats KoAStR on the win, well done sid and Stumbles for the other podium spots.
  15. OuttaAngst

OuttaAngst Rookie

Cheers Darko. Did you catch the Koastr's total race time?
  16. sidfire1

sidfire1 Rookie

Super! Thanks Darko! :)
  17. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
    Sorry forgot to check, will do it later on.
  18. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    I can't remember the time, I just know he was 15 seconds ahead of Sid and 20 ahead if me.

If Darko doesn't post it, I'll get it up in about 3 hours.

:)
  19. carn_the_pies

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    in terms of the one big lounge next week.
    my opinion is that 10-12 racers is the ideal number in a lounge not only for competive racing but also to reduce lag and messy driving.

im happy to do 16 but be warned ive done it many times ( intralclub anyone) and it can get very messy and choppy
  20. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

O dam was the 1st race last night?? For some reason I thought it started on Monday coming up, I should of read the poster better. Sorry Leebroy that is the 1st GtOz league race ive ever missed, i will deffinatley be in next WEDNESDAY and shouldnt miss any others.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.