2015 World Endurance Championship Discussion

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by skywalker, May 4, 2015.

1. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Well with 2 rounds down, this is has been the most exciting racing I've watched this year.

The Audi / Porsche battles are phenomenal and definate highlights from both rounds. With the Porsche having so much speed/pull out of the corners, but Audi quick through the twisties.

If you've missed them, and got 12 hours, heres links to catch up on all the action. Still 54 hours left of endurance racing this year ;)
    Rd1 Silverstone:

Rd 2 Spa:

Probably fav part was Audi overtake on Porsche around the outside of turn 13 into campus. I did the same move this past season at spa on @CobMcCool, amazing feeling pulling it off ;)
  2. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    My time as a Toyota supporter ended on Saturday! Been following WEC since they joined, but from 2015 Le Mans, lets go Nissan!! I imagine the car will struggle for the majority of the season getting to grips under full race conditions, but hopefully they can pull off some amazing results before the end of Sao Paulo! :thumbsup: C'mon the 23!
  3. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Are they racing the whole season from le mans? Thats cool. I think either Porsche or Nissan will win le mans if they can make it to the end without breaking. They are both super quick but reliability will be there Achilles heel.

It was awesome seeing a large field of LMP1 cars at Spa. Im a long term Audi supporter, and although I have a soft spot for Nissan (my first car was a Niisan), Im still rooting for Audi, gotta love the new aero package :)
  4. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    Yep, they're intention was the full WEC Season, however crash testing put them out for the first two, and I believe also the test week before the 24.....
    The Porsche's at Spa ran there Season aero ( Slightly higher aero ) and still were fastest down the straights, so I think in Qualifying, the Porsches in the stunning 24hour exclusive liveries will dominate Qualifying if they do infact have a lower aero spec package (which I am doubtful considering how slippery it already is) but as we saw last year with the Toyota, Pace is one thing, but reliability is another! Audi are certainly the favorites for the race after there bulletproof season so far and there history at Le Sarthe, but I wouldn't rule the Toyota out with its better tyre and fuel wear. :thumbsup:
    skywalker likes this.
  5. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Be Scared, be very Scared:
    JonoStan96 and skywalker like this.
  6. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Nice engine note :thumbsup: Sitting position looks more like F1.. the car isn't very high. I think it'll be a weapon at le mans.
  7. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    WEC 2015 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> F1 2015
  8. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
  9. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Well the nissan is slower then an LMP2, but they are not using hybrid power this weekend.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  10. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    :confused: Where did you hear that?
    If it were running without it, wouldn't it be in LMP1? Because i believe it is still competing in LMP1-H.....
    Btw, qualifying is underway guys! :D
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  11. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    It still has the hybrid attached so it's still part of the class. I'll be very keen to see how quick it will go once it uses all of its power.
  12. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    Ahhhh ok, well hopefully it can still beat the P2 cars!
    http://fiawec.alkamelsystems.com/
    After QP1, they are 6.5 seconds off the next LMP Car, and thats the privateer Rebellion car..... and the #22 and #21 are in absolute no mans land as if they are still running system checks, one car is at a 38, another at 41, and then a 58....
    Crazy lap by Jani in the #18, a 3:16.8 on a seriously cold day :eek:
  13. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Without hybrid power its essentially a slightly less powerful LMP2 thats FWD only, so for it to be basically within a second of the top P2 cars says it has alot of trick aero.
  14. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    Only 29 days and 6 hours until Nurburgring!!! I'm not counting at all.....
    Testing recently wrapped up, but alot was ran in wet conditions so it's not all that relevant to what kind of pace we will be seeing around there :( Will be fun watching which german marque will reign supreme on home turf! Would be nice to see the Toyota get in the mix as well, and hopefully Nissan get there ERS issues sorted, would love to see these kinds of battles x4!!
    [​IMG]
    skywalker, Viperzed and JonoStan96 like this.
  15. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Its such a good track the Nurburgring GP. Its a great combo of tight and fast flowing, providing great racing.

@warrior2167 3 hr around the GP? :)
  16. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Nurb 6 hr on this weekend! Predictions?

I think big battles between audi and Porsche, with webbers team on pole, but audi ultimately claiming the win :D
  17. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    Porsche are bringing a new spec Chassis so i'm really intrigued as to how it goes.... i'm actually going to say the Dumas #18 on the pole, but i think i'm going to go with Webber's #17 for the overall win. Weird, i usually dislike Webber but i think they will be in with a good shot :)
    I've heard Toyota also have a slightly redone chassis, but like that's going to help them all that much..... :(
    skywalker likes this.
  18. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Should be a good race! One of my fav tracks!
  19. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    A very, very epic track :D Very high speed and flowing apart from the opening sector too
  20. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    [​IMG]
    skywalker likes this.