GT5 501-Make Sprint Challenge Series 1

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by SEIDO463, Apr 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trustfire

Trustfire New Recruit

For next series definitely we should have a Open series, would be fun to see what turns up every week!

VOLVO ESTATE ftw :twisted:

Suggestions:

- Open Series - Jap, Euro, muscle
    - Wagon/Van Derby
    - Ugliest car challenge
    - Run what you own in real life ;)

I can think of heaps...
  2. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    Thanks flood and trusty. Yea the open make rounds are good, we will have more of those for sure!
    I agree on having a more suitable time and would like to arrange something but it's difficult 'cos I get home from work late usually after 7 to 8pm which is an hour or two behind AEST (depending on daylight savings)....I'll keep looking into that one...

After this upcoming round I'm thinking we will try SM tyres.
    As for the next series, thinking of upping the PP limit slightly and restricting the one-make aspect more.
    And I do have a number of other championships/series that I would love to get going too....

Appreciate the comments guys!
  3. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    Is tomorrows round starting at 11:30am Seido?
  4. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    sure is man!
  5. Aza2672

Aza2672 Aron Baker Gold Member

PSN ID
    AB_Saints_25 (Formerly Aza2672)
    I'll be there for sure :mrgreen:
  6. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

I should be able to make it. I've been pretty busy on the weekends lately, so I've missed a few rounds. I'll see how I go.
  7. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Hope you guys had fun. I couldn't make it today, slept in then the missus had some jobs for me.

Wasn't real confident around the track anyway, tried a few times, but the lights on standard cars are crap and there's just too many hidden turns around there...lol
  8. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    Thanks to all who showed for today's round, though not as big a turn this time.

I had a great first lap battle with chev in race 2 and had a awesome spin in the last race coming over the fast right hand crest...

I'll start with race 1 pics over the weekend.

I've made a little update on page 1 about the next round.
  9. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    As I expected, this wasn't a great round for me, and 3 last places confirmed that.

Everyone was talking about using the Countach, but me being me, wanted something different so I went for the Murchielago. I knew this wouldn't be quick enough when I had to turn the power down to about 52% just to make the 501pp limit. Plus it was still too heavy.

The thing was an absolute nightmare to drive as well, especially with some of the mid-corner elevation changes on these randomly generated tracks. I was getting huge oversteer in some parts, then understeer in others, not to mention both types of steer through that long downhill corner which sorta made up the back straight; which was evident on race 1 lap 1 where the thing just let go seemingly randomly.

I made some adjustments in pre-race practice which I felt killed some of the oversteer, but strangely enough didn't feel like those changes carried over into the race.

I'm not a big fan of the Lambo's, or random tracks, so I wasn't really interested in this round, but thanks to everyone for turning up anyway.
  10. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    The next round in the 501-Make Series is coming up on the 3rd of September Saturday at 11:30am AEST.

Round 7 at Eiger Nordwand Short (Reverse)
    Model: IMPREZA
    Tyres: SPORTS MEDIUM
    Races: 3 (no reverse grid and false start ON)
    Laps: 7 each race

[​IMG]
  11. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    Had a good session the other night with trusty on Eiger. We were knocking each others times down for a while.

I got a 1:10.400 in the '98 22B by the end of the 1hr session.
  12. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    Well Round 6 of the 501 turned out a not so popular round.
    I guess it was just a prac run for the next time we run at S3 maybe in the future.
    Thanks to those who showed anyway and here's race 1's pics...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Love the paint job on this car Aza.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  13. Juzzo

Juzzo Administrator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

PSN ID
    Juzzotec
    Sex on wheels :p
  14. Stumbles

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    I'm not going to make it again this week. Haven't touched GT 5 much this week and don't even have a Subi set up yet. Pity, I like Eiger.

Have fun guys.
  15. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    its not til next week mate :)
  16. Stumbles

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Ahh, cool. I'll get a subaroo built up this week then :)
  17. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    nice. Yea I really like Eiger, thought it was awesome when I first got GT HD.
    Trusty and I had a bit of a burn round Eiger the other night. I got a 1:10.400 in a 22B... good fun, then we got out some evo's and went drifting and that was awesome through those twisties there...
  18. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    Had a good prac session at Eiger with M1K1 yesterday afternoon. He was putting down some quick laps in his Impreza.
    Also got on with Trusty later last night for a quick race there, his 22B and my '95 Impreza. He's looking quick too.

My quickest lap in the '95 Impreza was a 1:11:1XX (on the first set of tyres)
  19. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

I was worried initially when we (Seido & I) started, all I could get to was 1:17's and thought that i'm stuffed. But, i'm no quitter, so I continued and tried to find time by varying lines, brake points etc. I'm quite proud of myself to be able to adapt my driving to suit conditions, it shows i'm still learning. After a while I found a little rythem and got to 1:10,8 and then Seido had a break and I went to practice in the Maclaren. Just got to remember Sports Mediums, Eiger Reverse & 3 races of 7 laps.
  20. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    Nice laps M1K1! I'm looking forward to this race!

I pushed my 95 Impreza a little faster last night, 1:10:9XX .. was like FK Yea when I hit the 10s lol
    Tested with a wing and ended up taking it off again.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.