7mate

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Mustafur, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Best channel ever, although alot is just crap, during the day they always play season highlights from classic F1, rally, touring cars and even Lemans.

Im watching it right now and its showing a season highlight of the 1975 F1 season.
  2. zampli

zampli Team Driver

Yeah' watching it now, motor mate has some good stuff, on everyday as well which is good, but I normally miss it cos of school. How long has it been on for? I've only discovered it recently
  3. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    I would say around a year, well thats how long i've seen it.

Watched some Group B highlights last week its amazing, never seen any of this stuff before anywhere.
  4. colin-50_

colin-50_ Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    i love the car repo programs and the picker s
  5. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Currently talking about the 1967 Ferrari P4 the exact race car available in GT5
  6. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Saw that today Mus, didnt know its in GT5 though.
    I watch it fairly often as I get home around 3pm alot of the time, typed in the shout box ages ago. I know Aussies seen it in the past too. Personally love all the the Nordschleife stuff and the early 60's F1 coverage.

Everytime you just see a random section of the Nordschleife you can pretty quickly realise what corner they are on and which corner is next. Gt5 did I pretty good job, its like we have the track memorised pretty much.

And yea Col I like the pickers too, some of them pretty cool
    The repo stuff is acting though man not real. You can see alot of fk ups, like I saw one when they repo'd the Monster truck that was so B grade hollywood. For a start they stuff up when they change the camera angle as you could see the stunt driver with a helmet on. The shot before shows the "Repo" driving with no helmet. Conuintiy fail.... Its discussed on you tube.
  7. TheStig13

TheStig13 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    thestig-13
    Motor Mate is great, the only good thing to ever be shown on daytime TV :lol:. I've noticed they've been repeating a few of the shows recently though, for example the "50 years of Mini" documentary has been on at least 3 times, and I'm fairly sure I've seen a few of the doco's on European Fords a few times as well. Always a good idea to check the electronic guide to see what's on Motor Mate, especially if you have a DVR/HDD Recorder. Dream Car Garage (which is on after Motor Mate) is also very good - especially the earlier seasons, the later seasons aren't as great.

One of the other great shows on Maaaaaate is Turtle Man, never before has a redneck saving wildlife been so damn hilarious :lol:
  8. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Motor mate is on now.
  9. beannie84

beannie84 Rookie

PSN ID
    beannie84
    Yeh its a good show, its an old 80's show which has been revived... Showing older f1 and rally series from the previous decades. There's also a show called grand prix legends I think, goes back to 50's and 60's..... Stirling moss, fangio etc, great legends!!!
  10. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I wish it was on an hour later...
  11. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    1987 new zealand rally showing right now, first season of Group A rally cars.
  12. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    1976 F1 season review playing its amazing how close racing was back then, in the austrian GP for example there was a lead pack of over 6 cars constantly shuffling for the lead 3 wide down the straights and all.
  13. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Was great racing back then. Have seen some of those replays and certainly keeps you on the edge of your seat.

All with very poor safety by today's standards too.
  14. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Jack Brabham doco on right now.
  15. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I have been recording the interesting stuff on my PVR. I grew up with racing in the 60's and 70's hence my fascination with Fittipaldi. What I find incredible now is how unsafe the racing was then, we didn't think of it at the time. Pre 70's races show very little in the way of safety fencing and people used to stand on the edge of the track!!
    Wouldn't it be great if a future GT?? included F1 cars from the 50's 60's and 70's. Even the 80's monsters.
    The 'ring of the 50's and 60's is a different beast to what we see in GT5. the tracked is edged by hedges and there is no run off in most places.
  16. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    It is a Shame they Removed the 80s and 90s versions of Fuji from GT4 I liked that.

Even though the 80s version was basically an unforgiving version of high speed ring.
  17. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Yeah, I preferred the older version as well.