ACC ACC fun Run Monday's

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by marty, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

That’s a fair point... I would say there is certainly an advantage with running newer tire model... but being fun run it’s really not racing for sheep stations... plus over 90min at Zolder I am wondering how that will play out...
  2. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

How do I get 1.07? I just have Steam and that's on 1.06?
  3. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Its still only a funrun and there would be no way to enforce people to use either version.
  4. marty

marty AC Server Legend

5. tezpez85

If I don't update to 1.07 beta, can I still join the race with 1.06 tonight?
  6. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Yes, but its pretty easy to opt in and out of beta to go back to an older build. The improvement to the tyre model over curbs and TC are a pretty big step forward. Well worth moving to the beta for now with this but you can join any server with either build atm.
    Rolz and tezpez85 like this.
  7. tezpez85

Nice, have updated and given it a bit of a whirl
    marty likes this.
  8. Flamebadger

Flamebadger ACC Server Legend

What time are we scheduldd to start tonight? Had a quick look through the thread but couldn't see a time - apologies if I missed it.
  9. Rolz

Monday is usually 8:00pm official Prac starts
    marty likes this.
  10. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

No racing for me tonight sadly - have to work late - good luck to all, have a great race!!!
  11. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Qualy for normal 90 min Mondays and 2x 30 min Thursday rounds is generally 8.30pm est. For a longer race like the 2.4hr it will be earlier.

For tonight it will be 90 minutes at zolder with a 10 minute qualy at 8.30, Thursday I will let @Rolz choose the combo as I am unlikely to make many Thursday the next 2 months.

For the following Monday I will try something a bit different and have a 911 gt3 cup only race. Not sure the track as yet but probably keep this a 90 minute race. Maybe for Thursday we can have a sprint round in this combo but it will need to be a locked entry list server to make sure only the 911 cup cars are in the field.
    SteveDrivingSlowly and Rolz like this.
  12. Rolz

Great idea about the porsche cup race! :thumbsup:
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  13. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Very interested in seeing who can pull Zandvoort out of where for tonight :)
    Will assume Zolder
    marty and Rolz like this.
  14. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I will assume you are dreaming of Zandvoort, Ive never made a typo. When I look back at many of my posts I wonder if any were written sober. :roflmao:
  15. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

I'll second that!
  16. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Ive loaded the official practice already as in race you cant access server menu with current 1.0.7 build.

In game session times are practice 10am start, qualy 2pm and race 7pm with time scale 1x for tonights 90 minute race.
  17. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Sorry guys was unable to complete the race, I got damage early and needed to stop for repairs. On my way into the pits I got rear ended so that added to my stop time and was a 65 second pit stop.

Was jus running a lonely race trying to catch someone after that, the live timing was so messed up I had no idea what the gaps to others were. Then with about 30 to go some random window popped up on screen and took me into windows mode. I tried to press ALt Enter to force full screen again but it didn't work and I had about 15fps from that point. I also didnt have enough fuel to finish and my pit MFD wouldn't show after the first stop so I couldn't make another stop. After escaping to pits and with such poor fps was not worth continuing.

Was some good racing early but I really struggled for pace in the 911 so was never going to end much better then mid pack.
  18. Rolz

19. Wally

Wally Team Driver

Some good racing tonight. I had good battles with Max Doubt early, and Bueller/Serge/Matt Frost/Nando. I can't comment on our two hits Serge as my replay doesn't go back far enough. I pitted relatively early, with about an hour to go from memory, mainly to get out of traffic. I think it cost me in the end when I was having some good racing with Matt Frost, swapping positions a bit, until he could pull away on what I presume were fresher tyres in the end. I cut the fuel a bit fine - I just made it and switched to engine map 2 in the dying stages just in case.
    Just gotta get faster...
  20. Flamebadger

Flamebadger ACC Server Legend

Another great night, thanks all. Think I started with something like p10 in practice so get to p4 in the race was pretty good. Zolder is a pretty intense rollercoaster but hard to pass. Had Marty and then Andy behind me for much of the first stint and Andy definitely, but I think Marty as well, had more pace than me. Was able to keep there or there abouts with the Captain though.

Due to some repairs for light damage and a bit of a conservative over fill in the pits came out about 7 seconds behind Andy and Captain Barracuda and ended up 9 sexonds behind Barracuda. 2nd half of the race was much quieter for me, aside passing some lapped traffic.

If anyone captured a replay of the first hour, would love to see it :)

And again: thanks everyone for the racing