ACC ACC Fun Runs Singapore server vs Aussie Server

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by marty, Sep 12, 2019.

?

Which server would you prefer to host current Monday and Wednesday fun runs.

1. Mondays Singapore

60.0%
  2. Mondays Australia

70.0%
  3. Wednesdays Singapore

60.0%
  4. Wednesdays Australia

50.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Here is a basic poll to see which server people would prefer to use for current fun run nights.

Ideally people should vote for 1 Monday and Wednesday option but you can even vote for all if you dont mind which server is used.
  2. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

I still think Singapore has potential when we are allowed to force pits and emulate a CP sever with a 60min race... but that’s me :)
    marty likes this.
  3. Wally

Wally Team Driver

For Mondays, both servers have their pros and cons. Better ping, or potentially bigger numbers.
    marty and Rolz like this.
  4. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Nothing definative in these poll results as yet but also pretty low numbers have voted. Going by current results we will stick with Singapore Wednesdays and the coming Monday. For the Monday after if voting stays even then maybe run on the Aussie server to give those racing a comparison between the servers as its been a coupke weeks since we ran a scheduled race on an Aussie server.
  5. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

I ticked all 4 as I don't mind which location the servers are set to at this stage (once we get to a proper ACC season I would prefer it to be an Aussie server). My pings to Singapore servers always seem to be above 150 which isn't great but OK for the fun runs. I'm on Optus Home Wireless Broadband (4G) which has been working fine on Aussie servers but I doubt I'll be able to get Optus to improve their routing.

I think its a good idea to be doing these location and settings server experiments. At the moment these fun runs are essentially public servers and we are seeing if the ACC ratings system can actually create good racing on them. I still prefer private league racing but with ACC's current issues and low rooz numbers we don't have that luxury right now.
    marty, Godzilla and Rolz like this.
  6. marty

marty AC Server Legend

The next Monday and Wednesday races will both be run on the Aussie servers, currently the Singapore experiment has shown no significant increase in player numbers only an increase in our local pings. :oops:

Seeing the very low numbers of people even voting in the polls and of these most would race on either shows there is no real advantage in using Singapore servers currently IMHO.

If there are local guys not racing because of the higher pings it defeats the purpose of all our pings raising for the one or 2 extras that may join but have rarely finished any races anyway. The coming Monday will be a rules test on a passworded Aussie server but even the practice servers have had no significant increase in user numbers even though I tried to join the Singapore servers whenever I could to get them a bit busier.
    Rolz and Godzilla like this.
  7. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Seems funny how we get more Europeans join the server when its open and it says Australia instead of Singapore, as an experiment I will take the country out of the name on all servers. Also for Wednesday night I will try run the Singapore server but have no country in the name and just keep it at 250ms ping limits.

Will see if this has any effect, you guys should all be able to see which servers are Aussie and which are the Singapore ones. Aussie ones will be server 1 and 2 with the singapore ones 3-5.
    Rolz and SteveDrivingSlowly like this.