ACC ACC Tips Tricks Workarounds & Issues thread

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Competizione PC Monday Night' started by marty, Dec 4, 2019.

1. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

- More for single screen users. When exiting the pits switch to MFD gap timings to see if anyone is about to approach from behind as you exit.

- Serve Penalty Check Box - When serving your penalty and you have this option checked then all other options such as Repairs and Services should be disabled as the penalty will not be cleared if any other option is checked.

- Bug. Prior to race start when you hit "Back" and the car drops off the jacks and onto the grid, if you then go back to the setup screen the pit strategy # changes from 1 to 30. When you go back to the grid you start the race with pit strategy 30.
    Rolz likes this.
  2. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

When I had to serve a penalty back in the Monza round I had that box ticked yet my crew added fuel according to the selected pit strat and then I had to wait out the penalty time before I could leave. I thought it would ignore any pit strat when ticked but it didn't for me.
    marty likes this.
  3. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

Interesting.. Maybe its just repairs that can't be carried out. I'll test this in SP when I get the chance. :thumbsup:
    krunch likes this.
  4. Wally

Wally Team Driver

5. Bueller

Bueller Rookie

Had a quick look at Marty driving last night and it does seem as though he is doing a lot of coasting through apex compared to how I drive, very interesting (and excellent). I always feel as though others get a good run out corners than I, and to compensate I try getting on the gas too much and or too early. Smoothness seems to be key, knowing how to do a good set-up also seems important (to keep it smooth)...all these things I'm just not that good at though lol, I'll keep working on it.
    marty and Wally like this.
  6. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Does really depend on the corner and there are quite a few long slow corners at Zandvoort where you need to wait to get on the gas at times. If you get on it before the apex and then either run wide or need to lift again your costing yourself lots of time.

You want to get on power as soon as you can but you also dont ever want to have to get off it after you do. If you do that your most likely actually getting on power too late on the second stab losing exit speed, also there arent too many slow corners you should be on power before the apex, if this works you probably slowed too much for the exit or braked too early.

Its also fairly car and setup dependant how you can approach corners, there is more then one way to skin a cat as they say. Use the delta to your advantage and try different approaches to corners and see where the gains and loses are through some experimenting in line and technique.