AC Assetto Corsa - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by KoAStR, Apr 24, 2013.

1. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    it was always on 25 till we got to 1.0.4 which changed default to 20 so hopefully 25 works out with full lobby don't want to increase too much otherwise we start losing other players positions like the french crab walking cars :roflmao:
  2. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    O.M.G!

That is all..
  3. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Tovey_4saken likes this.
  4. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    yep new replay cams one facing the driver as well which looks amazing new pp filters tweaked graphics and word is the new smoke is thousand times better and doesn't hurt frames on ultra :thumbsup: plus the flags think i read the 1.1 update is 5 gig worth i think and dlc is 7gig? will have to confirm
  5. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Can't wait *squee*
    [​IMG]
    Tovey_4saken and Peter Wise like this.
  6. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    cant find the numbers it's somewhere in a 178 page thread haha but i do know another 128mb just got added to the dlc so either a late entry car (because the packs been ready on steam for 4 days now)our some quick final polishing :thumbsup:
    ooo don't forget fog clouds all that jazz and first use of 3d trees and 3d people in needed areas of the tourist nord :thumbsup:
  7. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    Most of us already knew this but incase anyone missed it :thumbsup:

Dear followers,

Our development team is working hard on the next release of Assetto Corsa, that will upgrade the main version of the game and will include important additions. We would also like to thank you for all the constructive criticism and helpful tips you submit to our official forums everyday helping our team to improve Assetto Corsa at the best.

Graphics
    We are redefining some features related to post processing effects, HDR and particle rendering optimizations that improve graphics environment, lighting and framerate performance. The engine has been optimized in order to guarantee a more stable framerate in all conditions, including single-player and multiplayer races. Smoke effects have been also improved, fixing an issue that affected the performances when huge amount of smoke was generated, especially at race starts.

Artificial intelligence
    CPU occupancy has been optimized to guarantee better and more stable performance. Furthermore, we worked to improve interaction of AI with each other and against the player car, as well as their "racing attitude”. The result is less collision accidents, better and more predictable lines and greatly improved race starts, delivering a better racing experience.

Flag and rules
    The next build will introduce race flag and rules, including yellow, blue and black flags, both in single and in multiplayer. More details regarding this feature will be available at the release.

Overcast conditions
    Next build will introduce the option to define the sky/weather conditions: player can choose between light/heavy fog, clean/light/heavy cloud, that affect lighting, visibility, track temperature, and so on, adding more immersion, different racing scenarios and environmental effects. As usual all the conditions are moddable and new ones can be created by the community.

Damages, views and sounds
    Several parameters and functionalities related to damages, head movements, mirrors FOV values, reverberation and environmental sounds have been added or optimized, improving the overall driving and replay experience.

Replays
    Assetto Corsa replays are universally appreciated for their fidelity, resulting in very realistic movements, car behaviour and camera management, but resulting also in high requirements in terms of hard disk and memory space. Unfortunately such big files are not easily handled by players who join or organize leagues and online championships. Next build will add quality settings options that allow up to 4x smaller sizes and longer replays.
  8. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    ^^ This is what is helping to set AC apart from the other current/next gen sims.
    Cyber_STIG_77 and Tovey_4saken like this.
  9. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    indeed! it is my most favourite feature in ac see something or hear something that you don't like well just open up the file and have at it :thumbsup: makes everyone's game unique to them.What i change to see hear and feel as real could be different to what you have :thumbsup:
  10. Driftoz

Driftoz Team Driver Gold Member

just in time to test my new asus gtx980 strix :p
    Cyber_STIG_77 and Tovey_4saken like this.
  11. Driftoz

Driftoz Team Driver Gold Member

DLC being released in approx 4hours :D lol my steam store page and the steam website wont load and getting an error i wonder if its cause of the assetto corsa DLC haha
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2015
  12. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Kunos have delivered! :cool::D A with 2 weeks to spare on the early forecast of within Q1!
    Soooo tempting to chuck a sickie to stay home and play with the new content......... :sneaky:
  13. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    If anyone has played around with any files at all even added pp filters it is a good idea to remove them and delete the docs ac folder and do a steam check if you don't the game won't look and feel right  also note there is a fair few bugs but for such a massive release that's normal and they will be patching all through the week :)
  14. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    The only thing I played around with was the camera_onboard_free.ini and the FFB tweaks you gave me. They should be alright as is eh?

On another note @Tovey_4saken are you able to put up a full template for the p4/5? :notworthy: Cheers
  15. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    yeah they will be fine you have to re apply the ffb tweak though :thumbsup: felt mushy as all hell without it :eek:

yes i will get onto that right away :thumbsup:
    KoAStR likes this.
  16. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Ffs how good is this why the flang am I at work?!
  17. Steve Crossland

Steve Crossland Team Driver

Bought the DLC content this morning for Assetto Corsa & The Green Hell (Nordschliefe) is a completely laser scanned version which has every little bump & camber change that the real track has. It is similar in appearance to Snoopy's version, but there is so much more life in wheel's force-feedback.
    It's altogether a lot more challenging also as you have to deal with not just the layout, but better elevation changes, bumps & Curbing.

Only tried the GTR so far and it is pretty good. I'm hanging out to try the old Alfa WTCC car.

Cost me $14.99 USD on steam & Well worth it!
    Peter Wise and KoAStR like this.
  18. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Yup I got mine pre-order so just $10... add that to the $40 I paid for the core game as early access and it's still bloody good value! c.f. $89 I will never see again for rF2 that's been un-installed and lets not talk about the cost of iRacing.
    Peter Wise likes this.
  19. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    Don't stress mate lol like I said few bugs playing up and kunos are on them so by time you knock off might have the fixes ready few shader problems and few aa problem's and a whooping hole on nurb sprint pit few mods broke too so everyone is gearing up and smoothing out everything I might even have to do a clean install the graphics tweaks I had are now broken and game looks like ridge racer :/
  20. Steve Crossland

Steve Crossland Team Driver

Rfactor 2 Haha - I bought it, played it for a week & sent it back. Got a full refund.