AC Assetto Corsa - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by KoAStR, Apr 24, 2013.

1. Pete

Pete Rookie

I think he was talking about after Easter.
    Really weird you can't join it, have you tried again recently? But maybe in the interest of getting something going tonight with the least hassle we don't use my server tonight. But I would like to try and debug that sometime.
  2. Pete

Pete Rookie

I like this idea a lot. Just downloading the track. Have you given it a run before?
  3. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Yeah lads get something happening. I've been snowed under sadly. Only just got home from work. Cyber can set the server. Will see if I can get on later but wife is out so I have to sort kids. Hoping for some more free time after Easter.
  4. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    yeah its a good combo, was just thinking that it was suitable given it was yesterday's F1 round :)
  5. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    sorry mate I've been out and only checking in on my phone :(
  6. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Hey guys....yes I'm still alive!
    I will be getting back into normal life again :cautious: my home improvements have slowed down big time, getting tradies is near impossible.
    Anywho, the racing itch is back :D and I am dead keen to get amongst some tarmac action :) I will be announcing a ten week series this weekend running the Tatuus FA1 on a variety of long and short tracks, there will be a mix of medium length single races, multiple short sprint events and a loooong enduro.

I would like to make this a TEAM series, with the points system comprising of a teams joint placings each race.
    What I'm attempting to do is bring the drivers at the rear of the field into the winners circle by teaming them up with a faster driver, hopefully this also gets them some much needed racecraft, as it's in each teams best interest to work together on setup to get faster to win more points in the series :thumbsup:. I would also ask that the teams be made up with a balanced mix of driver skill per team, or fast and slow drivers together. What I think would be an unfair advantage is a team like Koastr & Rotor.....:alien::alien: :eek: :( :cry:.

Would really like to hear some feedback on the teams concept, I have given it some considerable thought and can't see any issues with it, but maybe there's something Ive missed, any suggestions, idea's or criticism's welcome :)

Cheers
    Pete likes this.
  7. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Sounds good AJ will be good to have you back. Shame we can't do power or weight penalties to balance out the field as well.
  8. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Thanks KoAStR, be good to turn the wheel again :).
    Yeah, hopefully it's something that will appear in game sooner than later, the only real issue with teams is getting a good balance of driver skill per team, I'm sure there will be teething issues, but it would be great if it comes together :)
  9. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    I'll start cutting down a block of wood to fit under your pedal to bring you back into the realm of us mere mortals.

And yes i'm really keen on some sort of series racing with you guy's!
    AJ.Scott and KoAStR like this.
  10. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    I'm having issues gaining access to "Racedepartment"
    Won't let me sign on - keeps telling me i have screwed up the process - must have redone it 20times....any hints?
  11. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    Sounds like good fun to me :thumbsup: glad to see you back mate some cars do have a rev limiter that can be adjusted but i haven't played around with it to see what is possible.Also if fuel is off you can have faster guy's with a full tank and slower guy's run empty full tank adds about 2-3 seconds over dry :coffee: so could act as a faked weight penalty?
  12. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Could also consider compulsory pit stop for the fast guys, compulsory drive through for mid pace, and nothing for the rest of the field..... Reverse grids could be fun too so long as everyone is patient!
  13. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Thanks guys, defo food for thought :thumbsup: only issue I see with pit stopping is policing it, the full fuel load could be a good weight penalty option for sure, but kinda kills the fuel strategy from the races somewhat. Can we do a reverse grid without complications? would be good for the multi sprint race events :D
    I thought if we can get everyone committed to a time trial, then pick teams based on driver ability, we can hopefully get some balanced match ups, but if this fails, we could just form teams and if 2 drivers skill levels happen to pose an advantage, one of them would take a time penalty at the end of the race to balance things out .
    Mael likes this.
  14. Fargonz

Fargonz Rookie

Just another thought.. some sort of handicap system where you give each driver a time that they have to sit on the grid once the lights go green.
    Soo slowest driver goes when the flags dropped, then everyone just has to watch the lap timer to know when its time to leave.
  15. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Im trying to get the server up but it's in a continual loop loading the cfg and car list :mad:, why me :laugh: :whistling:
    Was going to run the Corvette C7r @ Adelaide for a few 7 lap races :D, hope I can get it running soon, fingers X'd
    Driftoz likes this.
  16. Driftoz

Driftoz Team Driver Gold Member

sounds like fun might have to skip my nap and jump on soon. any special link for the adelaide track or just lastest version from race department ?
  17. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    If everyone is on teamspeak and listening it's pretty easy.

For a reverse grid on a single race We could run 2 practice sessions and a quali session in the server setup.
    Prac 1 would be practice as normal. Prac 2 would be 'qualifying'. Then use the quali session simply to line up on track in the reverse grid order. Everyone needs to do a full outlap crossing the start/finish in the required reverse order, which could be called off over team speak.

For a reverse grid based on finishing positions of a previous race you can skip the two prac sessions, with everyone doing a staged quali session in the same fashion. We did this for the AC season 1 final, with race 2 grid based on race 1 results, but not reversed.
    AJ.Scott likes this.
  18. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Sounds good KoAStR :thumbsup: and worth the time to get it organised too, lets hope it's a feature in AC soon so we don't have to do this to often in the future.
  19. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Just the latest RD one mate, get it-> HERE!
    WAC likes this.
  20. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    OK server is up.......

Vette C7r @ Adelaide 500 2011.
    10 min prac & qualy
    7 lap races