GT5 Back to the Future

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Clevohead, Aug 18, 2013.

1. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    My game has gone full retard with my car...
    Clevohead likes this.
  2. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
  3. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    I will get prizes out shortly, I have enough prize car tickets of descending levels for everyone to win a prize :) just will take a little while to send all of them out.
    S_CLOSE likes this.
  4. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Sorry about the disco lads, my PS3 had a very very weird moment!! No YLOD or anything, but I had my heart in my mouth for a few seconds!! Really annoying as it was only a lap and a bit to go!
    Oh well, was a good race, that DeLorean is kinda fun but the soft tyres were hard to manage after 10 laps or so.
    Anon dominated, great consistency in lap times from what I could tell. Thanks for letting me in at the last minute Clevo and thanks again to Anon for hooking me up with the car :)
    Clevohead and JonoStan96 like this.
  5. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    No prob's Leeboy, was thinking I shouldn't have given you my fully set-up car when you were out the front after the first few laps, plus that FL time was awesome!

Didn't realise we had prizes, sadly I can't accept Clevo. Always up for something free, but I have reached my limit and the game won't allow me to accept any more items. Need to have a clean up or something.
    leeboy910 likes this.
  6. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Code:
    ________________Back to Future Enduro Results

________________40 laps DMC DeLorean
    PS__Driver____________Race Time____F/Lap
    01__Anon666___________??:??.???____1:02.589__2nd
    02__T_BWilliams_________-42.538____1:03.386__5th
    03__emmo46____________-1:14.294____1:03.307__4th
    04__S_Close___________-1:24.763____1:03.148__3rd
    05__N64TheStig13______-2:16:729____1:03.746__6th
    06__bjh1012___________-2:27.316____1:04.107__8th
    07__Clevohead_________-2:27.319____1:03.990__7th
    08__Haze________________- 1 lap____1:04.300__9th
    09__LEEBOY___________Disconnect____1:02.387__1st  fastest lap

Last edited: Sep 6, 2013
  7. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Firstly thanks to Clevo for a great concept and an opportunity to have a great race.
    I came into the race with a fair bit of confidence, some minor adjustments to the car and familiarity with the track allowed me to lap very consistently and not far from the pace of the fast guys. My intent was to qualify near the front, keep out of trouble and hopefully get a podium position.
    That plan was thrown out when Clevo switched to a reverse start grid. I was tempted to dog it and get a starting spot near the front but in fact improved my best time to date by ½ second to get a second last place start (8th) behind N64 on pole, Clevo, BJ, Haze, Leeboy, S-Close and T_B and ahead of Anon on the reverse pole.
    I got a reasonable start and moved into 6th around the first turn and ran side by side with Haze up the hill towards the dogleg where it unravelled for me, there was a lot of jossling and a few cars went off track but a slight bump turned me around against the outside wall on the exit of the dogleg (damn, facing the wrong way and last again, this is getting monotonous)
    I turned around and headed off feeling a little sorry for myself, I passed Haze as he had an off on the last corner of lap 1 and finished the lap in 8th, so I had held position.
    Onto the second lap and I passed BJ who had run off at the first turn and I was running in 7th about 5 seconds behind T_B and Close. Close then had a little off on the inside of the last turn on lap 4 and then Clevo ran off in turn one on lap 5 moving me to 5th. (WOW three places without a passing manoeuvre, bargain) .
    I caught up with T_B over lap five and he and I powered past N64 on the main straight at the end of that lap moving me now to 4th, things were looking up. Lap 6 was exciting as I tried to pass T_B and N64 was very keen to pass me. Too keen as it turned out because he poked his nose under me at the left hand kink after the tunnel and a little tap sent me left into the grass and a long spin into the weeds outside the last turn, He was on the grass as well and spun in sympathy. He got going just ahead of me and Close and Clevo had passed us. I was now back to 7th, DOH. I chased N64 into turn one on lap seven but I was a little flustered by now and ran wide putting my left rear on the grass but managed to hold it, but as I accelerated out of the turn it all went pear shaped and I couldn’t hold it and ended up backwards again and BJ slipped through putting me back to 8th again. JEEZ.
    On lap 10 Leeboy, Bj, and Clevo pitted and I moved up to 5th about 12 seconds behind N64. Anon was leading now from T_B, Close and N64. On lap 11 N64 pitted and I was now 4th about 6 seconds ahead of Leeboy with N64 behind him.
    At the end of lap 13 Leeboy caught me but ran wide at the last turn and dropped back as I headed to the pits. Anon and T_B had also pitted on lap 13 and left Close in the lead.
    After my pit stop I was back to 8th again as N64, Clevo and BJ passed while I was in the pits. Close pitted at the end of Lap 14 and dropped behind Anon, Leeboy, T_B and ahead of N64, Clevo and BJ. Haze was still 9th and seemed to be having a horror of a run.
    I moved up to 7th when Clevo ran off at turn 1 on lap 15 and on lap 16 I came into turn 1 to find Close and BJ in the sand on the outside and N64 sideways across the road on the exit. (WOW, 3 places in a hundred metres, bargain again). I was now 4th but about 25 seconds behind Leeboy and 43 seconds behind Anon in the lead.
    Leeboy then pitted for a second time at the end of lap 20 and I got on his tail but on his fresh tyres he began to pull away until he spun going down the hill from the dogleg on lap 22, I was now 3rd still about 25 behind T_B and 47 to ANON. I moved to 2nd when T_B pitted at the end of lap 26 and then I pitted on lap 27. Leeboy T_B and Close went past and I was now 5th 13 seconds back from Close.
    Close pitted at the end of lap 29 and I moved to 4th 52 seconds behind leader Anon, 34 behind Leeboy and 23 behind T_B. The field was now getting spread out.
    Leeboy pitted again on lap 31 and at the end of lap 32 I was 3 seconds behind and he increased that to 6 seconds over lap 33. I was now 59 seconds behind Anon (great pace there) and still 25 seconds from T_B. On lap 34 Leeboy ran wide into the grass just before the tunnel and I passed him but he was right on my tail. At the end of that lap he slipstreamed me and passed into turn one but I passed him again up the hill to the dogleg. He then had another little moment just before the tunnel and dropped off my tail a little. But by the end of lap 35 he was back on my tail and I was now 1 minute behind Anon and still 25 seconds behind T_B.
    On lap 36 I still had Leeboy chasing me and when I entered the tunnel it was full of smoke with N64’s tag sticking up from it. I hesitated a little looking to find a way through and Leeboy was through putting me back to 4th.
    On lap 37 Leeboy had a little wiggle while lapping BJ at the dogleg and I was able to pass him again, touching him a little as I passed. At the end of the lap he slipstreamed past me again and I followed him into turn 1 and managed to get up the inside on the exit and we ran side by side up to the dogleg with me on the right side. He touched the grass on the left and I touched the grass on the right, I skidded across the track and hit the wall on the left on exit, luckily I had ghosted through Leeboy. Anon lapped me while I recovered and I was now in 4th about 5 seconds back from leeboy and giving up hope of a podium.
    On lap 39 I entered the tunnel to see Leeboy going very slow on the left and assumed he was out of fuel ( the replay shows he was) I passed him into 3rd (yay a podium) and he then suffered a disconnect to add to his troubles. I then trundled around the last lap to finish in the hardest earned podium place I have ever endured.
    All up it was a very entertaining race with lots of highs and lows and the two duels with Leeboy were the most thrilling I have ever had. If you’ve got the replay saved have a look at our battle over laps 32 to 38, excellent fun, I hope Leeboy enjoyed it as much as I did.
    My only regret is that I was taken off just after I caught T_B on lap 5. If I could have stayed with him I’m sure we could have had a great battle for 2nd. Anon was in a class of his own, well done Anon.
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2013
  8. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    I was very inconsistent as was the first time driving the car and made a lot of mistakes. Had a few good battles with N64, but above all, was happy in the end to finish the race without running out of fuel (I think this is a first ;)). However, did the whole last lap with the fuel gauge in red :eek: and thought I had another one for my collection.
    Well done to the podium and for Clevo for a fun idea (love that movie..but who doesn't..), see you on the track soon.
    emmo46 likes this.
  9. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Dude it was epic fun!! Clean, hard racing...the best kind! I didn't even realise I was out of fuel as my PS3 was chucking a wobbly at that stage...hahaha, oops, just proves I need some more practice! Excellent racing though, so glad I came back.
    emmo46 likes this.
  10. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Sounds like a more than eventful race for you emmo. Was watching yours and leeboys battle on the map and thought it looked like a great one. I'm sure if you had avoided the carnage you would have had the pace to pass me. you came close at one point. :eek:

Have to take this chance to apologize to bj for the lap one incident coming up the hill to the dogleg. Was sitting right behind you while you battled for position with someone else (forgotten who) when you moved across and I was unfortunately only a matter inches too close which is what put you off. Sorry mate. Slowed to redress but cant take the incident back:(. Wish I could. Enjoy racing with you mate both here and with Neil/Chuck/Swag;)
    emmo46 likes this.
  11. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Was a pretty fun race, I spent most of it sidewards though!
    Emmo, from my perspecitve, I went down the outside but you didn't see me and chopped my front end. All good though, I've done that plenty of times... My 6th gear was too short, so I was easy pickings down the straight!
    emmo46 likes this.
  12. bjh1012

bjh1012 Bruce Hale Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    bjh1012
    Hey t_b no problems mate :) can't even remember it. I had a very good race all good experience ask clevo we do not seem to able to
    get away from each other (on the track):) all good mate we always have good close racing might have got but hot under the collar at the time for a lap or 2 lol lol. was not very talkative last night got cu-t of a cold
    emmo46 likes this.
  13. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    You had one hell of an exciting race Emmo, just goes to show, never give up!! First lap was crazy, from last on the grid all I could see was Delorean's!! Couldn't even tell where the road was. Decided to drop back a bit and wait for the start finish straight, but by the time I got there I was 4th and drafting BJ to go to third by turn 1. I was thinking these guys are crazy trying to jostle for position through the dogleg, and as if they wanted to prove me right, a lap later N64 and Leeboy did just that and I was in second. Leeboy had a moment a few laps later and I'd gained 8 spots with 1 overtaking move! From there I trying desperately to keep the beast on the track.

Got to say, the win was mostly down to patience. I have very little, but a few of the guys in front me had far less!?!?! Thanks also to Clueless Tunes, a really good base tune for this car. Another great idea for a race Clevo, keep 'em coming! No more tuned cars for you Leeboy, you've got too much speed son!!
    emmo46 likes this.
  14. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    No Probs Jonno, It was just a racing incident, I was just disappointed to finally get to T_Bs bumper and then never got near him again, I knew I had to be close to him because he is generally very good at the longer races and if I could stay near him I had a good chance of a good place. Anon was always going to win this if his car was anywhere near good enough. Overall it was a very exciting race and I hope we can have more like it.
  15. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
  16. bjh1012

bjh1012 Bruce Hale Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    bjh1012