Battlefield: General Discussion & ROOZ Platoon

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by JonoStan96, May 7, 2016.

1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    will be on after 9 if that suits
  2. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    I would but it is brew night :coffee: and it is a big one as we have 90 long necks to bottle plus run the still for 6 hours o_O
    See above ;)
    Sam D Blacklock and SuiCid3 like this.
  3. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    outrageous !
    Clevohead likes this.
  4. Clevohead

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Haven't been to the bottlo in over a year now, when a long neck works out less than 60c, and whiskey or Rum 700ml works out like $6 why not? it's only one night a week :)
    Sam D Blacklock likes this.
  5. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    I'll give it a miss.
    Battlefield 1 isn't doing it for me.
    Having played the crap out 3 and 4 it needs to add something new to the stable to get me wired back in.
    Going back in time doesn't do it for me unfortunately.

The new COD is looking good atm, as the transition between space, battlepods, gravity and non-gravity gun fights look amazing.
    Hoping they kickstart a beta program so we can see how that fairs.
    KoAStR likes this.
  6. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2016
    Clevohead likes this.
  7. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    cool that means i can sit up in the back seat and shoot loads of rounds randomly, hitting absolutely nothing !
  8. Killercarlcox69

Killercarlcox69 Professional

PSN ID
    Killercarlcox69
  9. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    I'll be on for awhile tonite, can't find my damn headset though

edit
    resurrected an old px5 so hopefully i'll be right
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2016
  10. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    Now there's an update required and the internet goes into slow motion
  11. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
  12. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    will have to do that again in BF4 lads.....is good fun in a platoon.
  13. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    I'm jumping on again tonight for the last beta day
    Clevohead and stucar17 like this.
  14. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    will try....
    Clevohead likes this.
  15. Clevohead

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Will try also :)
  16. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    No more servers for bf1. On bf4 for a bit tho :)
  17. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Sorry guys. Started packing last night and also had Stu juniors bday today which I had to get sorted.
  18. Clevohead

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    I crashed on the couch after tea, and that was that :sleep:
  19. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I'm very excited for BF1, but there's definitely some things they need to fix. However I'll start with the positives.

Graphics and sound, so much yes! One of the most gorgeous games I've laid eyes on. The frame rate was superb, and I loved the transition from map screen to the player as you take control. The random weather changes were great too. Every inch of the game had exquisite detail.

The wide array of usables was great too. Horses, light and heavy tanks, and cool planes, the controls have improved across the board and maybe now I wont be sticking to just being infantry. The tanks were slooooooow as but it is to be expected for WW1.

The interactive doors and shutters were a very sweet touch, adds another bit of realism unlike every other FPS where doors don't exist.

Bayonet Charges, holy freakin hell yes, so much bloody awesomeness! And the melees, very brutal indeed.

The guns were great too, however the SMG's felt completely useless. I know it was a very open map but I don't think I got a single kill with one, and I'm a runner and gunner. The lack of hud details indicating your selected fire got me killed way too many times than I would have liked. Engaging a pair of enemies then being bewildered as you think your gun is jamming ain't cool. However mowing down bad guys with a crack shot from long distance or a quick trigger finger up close is immensely satisfying.

Now for the bad stuff...

What have they done to Conquest?!? Why don't kills count for tickets anymore? Instead now it's basically Domination with 5-7 flags! I really hope they change it, because now there is no point in suppressing fire, just get to the flag and hope for the best. It's not nearly as engaging as BF4's Conquest where there was genuine strategy.

The tanks, while slow, are stupidly overpowered. Nearly impossible to take down, it was no surprise I had to start counting with my toes as well as fingers the amount of times someone went 50-0 in a game because they had a light tank. And now you don't even have to exit the vehicle or run Engineer to repair? Ridiculous! The horses are insane too, the sword has some unbelievable range, and it seems most of the time the rider is impossible to kill. Even when shooting the rider in the head the damage seemed to be inflicting on the horse instead!

I mentioned already the SMG's felt useless, but the weapons did feel inconsistent, however I guess that's the same with every FPS. The single shot guns were easily the ticket.

My favourite class, Medic, is now completely useless. I saw no one throwing medipacks down like in BF4, and I don't think I got revived once. Not that it mattered, the syringe doesn't work! I hope that gets fixed for the final game, what made BF4 so enjoyable was being able to heal and revive your squadmates quickly and effectively.

Spotting enemies is pointless now, and really makes things much harder. The game wants you to be right on the mark, and if they move out of your line of sight, it goes away! I also noticed enemies shooting no longer appear on the radar, which in my opinion makes it worthless.

The worst part I thought is that it felt more like Battlefront than Battlefield, maybe it's just me but that's the vibe I got. Still, it's a Battlefield so I know it wont be a game full of empty promises and frustrating gameplay.

I still can't wait for this game, a WW1 shooter was risky for EA and I think they've pulled it off. I've pre ordered the
    full coffee version, so it's a Day one play for me.
    Sam D Blacklock and Clevohead like this.
  20. Clevohead

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    I agree with most of your points, the tanks I loved yes slow (but a trade off for being OP) the thing is I see this going down the Battlfront route, everyone will play the crap out of it for a month and end up back on BF4 eventually smashing locker, Zavod, and Rogue Transmission. Yes some of the features are great, but just give us BF5 with current tech weapons, and a solid set set of base maps with all the pretty frame rates etc... :thumbsup:
    JonoStan96 likes this.