Best ROOZ Battles - Share your vids and stories here

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by JonoStan96, Dec 15, 2013.

1. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I hear a lot about stories of these amazing battles between members of ROOZ, and I thought it would be great to have a central area to share videos of awesome overtakes and fights for position. Looking forward to your contributions.

Cheers, Jono
  2. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    I'll kick it off with one of my own. I'm sure Anon will find it enjoyable to be featured in this awesome battle raging from the Hatzenbach all the way to Adenauer!

t_b_williams and KoAStR like this.
  3. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Mine would have to be the last round of Season 13, from start to finish it was an epic battle with Warrior.

I started on Pole as i just manged to find a bit of extra time on my last flyer, but it all came undone with a poor start, warrior managed to eek out a little gap after I made a few errors in the first few laps and kept that advanatge till the pit stops. I went for the Undercut and got out just ahead and was able to hold station till the next round of stops allthough holding up warrior with newer tyres was not an easy task, this time warrior pitted first and I pitted a lap later managing to be just ahead I kept it this way for around 1 lap until i got a short cut penalty and fell back behind him. For the rest of the race I was hot on his heels and managed to get a good run on him with a few laps to.spare but went a bit wide and wasn't able to pass it stayed that way for a close.finish and allthough it wasn't a swapping positions kind of battle it was a really tense race and one which felt the moat enjoyable even though i didn't get the win.

Uploading the replay would take too long to.put on YT as i don't have a capture card and filming it on my phone isn't really possible to hold my hands upright for 45 mins.
    Ad2mny likes this.
  4. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    GT5 Season 2 Div 1 - 2nd place battle comes down going side-by-side through to the final corners. Amazing after over an hour of Green Hell, and on different tyre strategies too boot, in the dark! Me left, JC (Taken) right.
    [​IMG]

2011 Pagnian Prize Race - Epic battle with Jezza for the lead in those maniacal fully modded 458 Itialia's... highlights vid by Anon (includes footage throughout the field) - battle starts at about 7min 30s after the first pits, Jezza closed a good gap and almost under cut me by taking on his new tyres a lap or two earlier.

2013 iRacing Clubman Cup - Many epic battles with Beau and Outta had over this fun three race series. There's some pictures on facebook (which I can't access at work) - will post up later. ;)

EDIT - Maybe Beau can upload some video too (as I don't have FRAPS)? Or perhaps I should just take a leaf from N64 and record screen video with a camera! :p
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2013
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  5. jezza1

jezza1 Rookie

I've only just noticed this section. Wow koastr I didn't know you would have considered our pagnian imports race battle as one of your top highlight races. What a great race that was! I'd probably have to consider it as one of mine from ROOZ as well. It was all going so well too, until the quick dive to the pits which I wasn't ready for, I was fully caught out. Did you ever check out the live stream of this race from anon? so much action going on. Awesome racing
    JonoStan96 and carn_the_pies like this.
  6. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Yea I did have a watch through the live stream and my own replay thanks mate. Definitely heaps of interesting watching!
  7. JonoStan96

PSN ID
  8. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    [​IMG]

Warrior and I, he won by 5/1000s of a second after two hours racing, that is all...
    Ad2mny, SuiCid3 and Peter Wise like this.
  9. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    And to think, that still isn't the closest finish in a Rooz event.:confused:
    SuiCid3, Clevohead and JonoStan96 like this.
  10. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    I think there was a dead even finish once?
    Was that in one of the side series?
  11. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Me and Neishy had that one day, I think it was just a fun race.
  12. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Me and @t_b_williams had one in one of mine and Bruce's Group B races.
    SuiCid3 likes this.
  13. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    @MINT_GTR Haven't you got a story to tell considering you're able to watch the whole thing? :p
    MINT_GTR likes this.
  14. MINT_GTR

MINT_GTR Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    MINT_Matt
    Oh are you talking about that race where I had a blue screen for the first 15 mins and it felt like a marathon within a marathon......no biggie, just another crazy battle you would only get in the world of ROOZ ;):D
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  15. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Yeah that one! I'll finally be able to watch it in it's entirety now! :thumbsup:
    MINT_GTR likes this.
  16. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Professional

PSN ID
    PSN: Ryzza5 / Steam: Ryzza5
    Not sure if Gastrobotic or the other guys in this video are [active] ROOZ members (then again maybe I'm not either) :p
    ...but despite the rubbish start this was a good race. Don't know if that helps with working out what Division I might end up in one day either :)

Live version and other league races are here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJO09rIH740p4Zi1fADiDvgCQOz5w1tD1

And just in case this post isn't ROOZy enough:

JonoStan96 and Peter Wise like this.