GT-Sport [Cancelled] 2020 RaceOnOz World Endurance Tour (W.E.T)

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by JonoStan96, Jan 6, 2020.

1. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    To clarify, razor has confirmed to me Noxrai was using the correct bop from his memory, in order of fairness, unless he can be proven otherwise, I will not be allowing any retries.

New rules regarding this will be enforced from round 3 onwards.
  2. Cameron Neame

Cameron Neame Chief

PSN ID
    NemoIXn
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  3. bluexephos22

bluexephos22 Rookie

PSN ID
    BlueXephos22
    Ah yes, the conclusion of Raceonoz bump day
  4. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    So... no bump day extravaganza?
    Edit: guess not.
    She shone so brightly but sadly that brightness was shortlived.
  5. Max Gassit

Max Gassit Team Driver

PSN ID
    Max_Gassit_28
    I'm fine about missing the cut so I won't be doing another run. Simply up to me to get in the car and grow some love for it. Disappointed but that's the way the cookie crumbled. Have fun....
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  6. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    I have a practice lobby up for anyone that’s keen for a run
  7. Noxrai

Noxrai Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    Ah well. Can only blame myself for the stuff up. Just bummed I will miss out on what looks to be a really fun race. Have fun everyone!
  8. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    I'd be prepared anyway, very real chance some drama will occur resulting in an extra grid slot.
    Just hoping it isn't me getting stuck and not starting twice in a row.
    Noxrai and JonoStan96 like this.
  9. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Qualifying Results
    1. Jono 1:19.120
    2. Keeden 1:19.136
    3. Mint 1:19.168
    4. Viperzed 1:19.173
    5. Normxc 1:19.566
    6. Risky 1:19.609
    7. StigsTC 1:19.720
    8. BlueXephos 1:19.750
    9. BigKev 1:19.898
    10. Razor 1:19.905
    11. Speedytyres 1:19.987
    12. Xerxes: 1:20.009
    13. NemoIXn 1:20.011
    14. Seth 1:20.115
    15. Littleblacko 1:20.198
    16. Bananajosh 1:20.602
    17. Noxrai 1:20.655
    18. MaxGassit 1:21.470
    19. Vardz No Time Submitted
    20. Mustafur 1:19.893 (Not Racing)
  10. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    *was going to commentate*
  11. Max Gassit

Max Gassit Team Driver

PSN ID
    Max_Gassit_28
    That's a pretty tightly packed grid...!!.. ☺
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  12. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    The grids got that good good

@Viperzed yes?
    Viperzed likes this.
  13. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Keep your Saturday free anyway, all too often we get a no show or 2 moments before the start of the race.
    Noxrai likes this.
  14. bluexephos22

bluexephos22 Rookie

PSN ID
    BlueXephos22
    Make sure to do the latest system software update before the race everyone.
  15. Noxrai

Noxrai Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    Yep. I'll stay on standby.
    Kephin_07 likes this.
  16. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Just like to point out too, that despite reserves filling in, we technically had the entire field of 20 attempt to qualify for the race, something which hasn’t ever happened, not even the original Bathurst 3 Hour! Thanks for the support guys and who knows, with the sudden influx of members joining, a new manufacturer may need to be added!
  17. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    I have acquired a Nissan sponsorship and swapped the jaguars donk for something much more forklift related
  18. bluexephos22

bluexephos22 Rookie

PSN ID
    BlueXephos22
    welcome to GTRsteer
    StigsTC likes this.
  19. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Driver’s Briefing: Stars & Stripes
    Predicted Race Distance: 150+ Laps

Please read the following and ‘like’ once you have read and understood it.
    [​IMG]
    Race: 17:00 Sunny
    Start Time: 19:30 AEST

Racing Softs
    Tyre/Fuel Depletion: X1

RACE START PROCEDURE:
    There will be no test race to avoid lobby issues such as the ABS glitch. Please ensure you join the lobby as quickly as possible once it opens. If there are sight issues or people stuck on the grid, a new lobby will be opened. The 3 strikes rule will still apply to those who repeatedly get stuck.

Prior to the race start, the host must double check the Power and Weight of each car matches those listed in the OP or other means.
    The race will start in a side by side formation as per previous endurance events. The pole sitter will set the pace but the 1st lap must not take longer than 6 Minutes. Your speed must not exceed 140km/h during the formation lap. Please ensure you are in single file until the final sector in order to reduce the risk of accidental colisions on the formation lap. The pole sitter after rounding the final corner can choose when to hit the gas to start the race as long as it is before the start finish line. The race will go green at the start finish line regardless of the pole sitter’s actions.
    If you are silly enough to spin on the formation lap, you are allowed to regain your place, but tough luck if the race starts before you can do so...

3 Strikes Rule
    In order to combat the issues in prior events, anyone who freezes on the grid will be given 2 more chances to get going via rejoining and resetting. If it takes more than 3 attempts, you will be excluded from the race however you will pick up a points if there are less than 15 starters.

TRACK LIMITS: As per our rules and regs drivers must keep 2 wheels on the ripple strips or white lines at all times. We all make a mistake or 2, but if you are caught "continually and obviously" running outside the track limits to gain advantage you risk being penalised post race by the Stewards Group.

CONTACT: CONTACT IS TO BE AVOIDED AT ALL TIMES. If you make contact with the car in front and gain an advantage, you MUST give the place back at the next available opportunity.

SWERVING: You are NOT permitted to swerve from side to side on the straights. Drivers may only change direction ONCE on corner entry.

TURN 1 LAP 1: You can't win the race at turn 1, but you can certainly lose it. Take care into the first corner and leave plentiful space for other drivers, as this is the most risky part of the race. This is a very long race, so there should be no divebombs or ridiculous moves so early on. Heavy damage is on, so you will suffer the consequences if you are stupid.

PIT LINES: Use the pit lane lines as indicated. Do not charge into the pit lane as you risk damaging your ego and disrupting the race. Commit early to avoid potentially causing a serious accident. Stay within the lines, you may not cut the exit line AT ALL, otherwise you will receive a warning. For tracks with dotted lines after a solid line, you are permitted to cut the dotted lines, but you must not cut the solid lines.

BLUE FLAGS: Blue flag rules will apply as per usual.

HEALTH: Please empty your bladder before the race. We have a big enough break before the race to do so, we’ve all heard the degenerate stories of people pissing in bottles to continue playing, I really hope that doesn’t happen here! On the flipside, keep hydrated during the race with a bottle of water or energy drink, etc.

If you have any questions, check the driver’s briefing, check the OP, then if that does not answer your questions, ask me here!
  20. bluexephos22

bluexephos22 Rookie

PSN ID
    BlueXephos22
    With like 10 laps to go my right leg started to feel hot in one specific area and my knees are hurting. Laguna Seca man it's so hard to do it for that long it's so busy. Race didn't go my way but I didn't expect too much in terms of a result so I'll take it.

GG to the podium guys and thanks again to @JonoStan96 for the race.

Now I need to run circulation booster as a sponsor, god damn it
    Viperzed, StigsTC and Noxrai like this.