[COMPLETE] Assetto Corsa Season 5: Prepare to SLIDE.

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, Jan 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bjmatho

bjmatho New Recruit

count me in,thanks Anon
    Anon666 likes this.
  2. Fargonz

Fargonz Rookie

In
    Anon666 likes this.
  3. c4rLo5

c4rLo5 Team Driver Gold Member

Yep, count me in.
    Anon666 likes this.
  4. zampli

zampli Team Driver

in pls
    Anon666 likes this.
  5. Mael

Mael Professional

Word of warning for those who have not tried Algarve. The "sausage" curbs should be respected :D
  6. DarrenO

DarrenO Team Driver

OMG, Those Kurbs are killers lol,
  7. jc1186

jc1186 Rookie

PSN ID
    JC-1186
    50/50 at this stage. Will be looking at pc's this weekend :whistling:
  8. ashcow

ashcow New Recruit

Algarve seems more suited to a faster car.

Each to their own I guess... and I am not going to go and question another mans tastes but the huge pair of dips, generous width and well rounded curves make this a whole lotta track for the my little winnie car.
    (U U)
    ) o (
    ( Y )

We need something built for speed, not for comfort.
    Mael likes this.
  9. jc1186

jc1186 Rookie

PSN ID
    JC-1186
    Guys I'm completely split 50/50 between purchasing a PC for this Assetto Corsa league (with a GTX 970) and sticking to Project Cars on the PS4.

To those of you that have played both games, what does Assetto Corsa offer over it?

What has impressed you most about Assetto Corsa (apart from getting to race with Koastr) and how has this benefitted the league?

Appreciate any input. :)

Have my eye set on a PC so it's all about making the decision now.
    KoAStR likes this.
  10. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    just do like @R0T0R-AU86 and run in 2 series...one on sunday and one on monday lol
    R0T0R-AU86 likes this.
  11. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Wait until you have more cars on the track with you. That's when it makes sense.
    Cyber_STIG_77 likes this.
  12. Mael

Mael Professional

Never raced on the PS4 but my view is the PS4 are for the lazy...basically plug and play. PC is bit more temperamental and needs more effort to setup to your choice. But as reward there are a lot more community mods available to enjoy :)

Sure someone will correct me on it :coffee:
    David Brister likes this.
  13. spita84

spita84 Rookie

PSN ID
    buggie_brain
    Hey jc1186, I literally just built a pc 4 weeks ago because I was sick to death of the crap game that is project cars!
    Actually I think I was in a lobby with you on project cars last night trying out that new v8 supercar (which is also crap).

AC is 10 times better than project cars, the physics them self are good enough reason to switch to AC let alone the thousands of mods available. I defiantly recommend it. Pm me if you would like more details.
    Anon666, Cyber_STIG_77 and KoAStR like this.
  14. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    And will be doing again this season! :)

I have both games, so why not? This will be my first proper PCars season tho, however if priority had to take over I would pick AC any day! In my eye's in terms of real 'sim' like to real world, AC has it in the bag by a mile! It feels way more natural to me (to a real car) than pcars... pcars seems very arcadey in my hands!
    KoAStR likes this.
  15. Cherno

Cherno Team Driver Gold Member

I'll just leave this here...
  16. Cherno

Cherno Team Driver Gold Member

AC is a far superior simulator and driving experience, its driving feel is way more natural than Project Cars. The quality and detail in all the cars and the accuracy of the laser-scan tracks is the other big difference. In project Cars most of them feel the same, in AC every car has a distinct feel and style, Project cars tracks feel like the mods that people make for in AC. Project Cars which only beats AC in eye candy and some career type game modes.

I switched from console to PC a few years ago and have never looked back. its simply better in every way.
    Running AC with triple monitors on a GTX970 and its working great.
    KoAStR, Peter Wise and Cyber_STIG_77 like this.
  17. Confused Serval

Confused Serval Rookie

I'm keen!
    Steam ID Confused Serval
    Anon666 likes this.
  18. jc1186

jc1186 Rookie

PSN ID
    JC-1186
    Cheers fellas. Don't want to hijack this thread so just have one more question.. I will be gaming at 4K, will a 980TI be overkill for AC? Have a feeling the GTX 970 is the best card for value for sure, but it'll struggle a little with 4K @ 60fps.
  19. QC.

QC. AC Server Legend

HI jc,
    I'm running an old i7-975k with a new gtx970 (only PCI-E 2.0 tho :mad: ) works fine for me without reflections. A full grid will push 60fps but I'm certain that's a cpu limit. Heres what I get from the benchmark
    AC VERSION: 1.4 (x64)
    FPS: AVG=69 MIN=30 MAX=103 VARIANCE=0 CPU=42%

LOADING TIME: 16s
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 (3840x2160)
    OS-Version: 6.1.7601 (Service Pack 1) 0x100-0x1
    CPU CORES: 8
    FULLSCREEN: ON
    AA:2X AF:4X SHDW:4096 BLUR:0
    WORLD DETAIL: 5 SMOKE:3
    PP: QLT:3 HDR:1 FXAA:0 GLR:3 DOF:0 RAYS:1 HEAT:0

Only real problem is lots of smoke, so race at race starts or if a 'few' cars are off track I'll know because of some stuttering, Solved by turning smoke down but it looks nice with them turned up :D.
    With reflections on, fps drops to around 45 (~24 cars), with a better motherboard than mine (i.e. PCI-E 3.0 and not >5years old) it 'might' be better.
    Without PP effects I get around 100fps and I do notice improved response from controls and slightly smoother game play... but... you know :D.

As for benefits of 980, idk, but I would guess if I ever 'upgraded' to a triple screen setup I would have to lower the settings somewhat... but just guessing.

Also @Anon666 ..........................................................................................I'M IN!!!
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2016
    jc1186 and Anon666 like this.
  20. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    i run a i5-4690k + gtx970 G1 and have almost everything maxed ( think mirror reflection is on medium ) and i run a solid 100 fps @ 1080p. IMO if you are going to run 4K then i would opt for the 980ti then you can just max it out and enjoy , the 980ti will be pretty future proof for the next few years. :)
    jc1186 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.