GT6 (COMPLETED) [10/12] BJ's 50th Birthday 240RS Event

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by JonoStan96, Oct 15, 2014.

1. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Thanks Jamie, rest assured I think Bruce would have been mightily amused at the racing displayed, laughing with the fallen Group B drivers he now races with up there. Even amongst the calamities with the epic PD faillures with the room, it's doubtful that he wouldn't have been telling us jokes and stories with a cold one in hand to cheer us up whilst we raged. It makes me sad he left us before Sierra was released, with his love of Tarmac rally, he would have owned that track. I think we all did him proud indeed.

RIP mate, we all miss you dearly.
  2. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I missed the first race but really enjoyed the snow circuit once I got some idea of where the corners were. The race itself was entertaining, I lost count of how many times I ran into Jono as he sat stationary on the driving line after a mishap, he would then warp off ahead and leave me standing, even bouncing backwards a couple of times. I held position generally for the first two laps but then got spun around on the 3rd lap and that sealed my fate for another last position. Sierra was interesting too, I had a couple of really good scraps and am slowly learning the circuit. I like the way it flows and hope I can get on top of it sometime in the future, I suspect it may feature a lot in future races series so want to be able to at least stay on track more than at the moment.
    I'm sure Bruce would have found the whole thing a hoot and thank you Jono for organising it.
    My brain is a bit muddled at the moment, when I try to recall what has gone on over the last few days I struggle to remember with nine races at very diverse locations and with all the different cars. Of all the races I enjoyed the Renault at Indy the most and on the other hand was all at sea with the AMG at the Streets of Willow. I wasn't really disappointed to DSC there.
    My next scheduled race is Mustafurs V8 mini race on the Red Bull Ring and I'm really looking forward to it, I just need to get some practice in.